Pelicans Report

Thread: McNamara Talk

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

McNamara Talk

All things McNamara here... that way we don't need to flood our other threads with Above The Rim accusations and sadness for Mikey's e-world departure

We miss you Mac, come back!

I mean, would you really leave us alone with guru? You can't be that cruel.

(all in good faith guru, eh )

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I'm quite distraught that he's gone. Our board IQ will fall a good bit.
    @DanielVeuleman

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    How do you guys know he's done posting? What happened?
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Banned
    Yeah, what happened?

He's back people! Just posted in the Gee thread

He did delete his Twitter today though. Trolls brought him down.

Quote Originally Posted by eballa1 View Post
    He's back people! Just posted in the Gee thread

He did delete his Twitter today though. Trolls brought him down.
    I hate that. Dont give them the satisfaction of them thinking they got to him. One of the few reasons I check twitter daily was MM

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Guys, he's Above the Rim

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    MM if you see this clear your IM box haha.

In Memoriam

He lived his life on his own terms, with no regrets, and no pants.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    . One of the few reasons I check twitter daily was MM
    ^^ Same...

Sharp-Shooting Serbian HornetsDude3160's Avatar
    It's ok, we still BOLIEVE
    "Baron Davis and Jamal Mashburn. One 'star' who taught another 'star' how not to be a 'star' " - Jim Henderson

"Oklahoma City can go to hell" - Random caller on the Hornets post game show

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man. WHOO!!!" - "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Scott Cody on Byron Scott: "He was there during the Hornets best and worst season. His legacy, most likely however, will fall somewhere in between..."

Open Letter:

Dear McNamara,

When I heard that Lebron re-signed with the CAVS, guess what the first thing I did was...I went to twitter to see what you'd say about it. I wanted to know your take before anyone else's. I didn't go to ESPN, Sports Illustrated, or even the Times Picayune and its ubiquitous basketball bore-blog. I went to find you.

For a lot of us Pelican fans, you're our Bill Simmons. We constantly look to your for interesting opinions, under reported facts, and answers to our idiotic questions: Why can't we just pay Eric Gordon in Bitcoins?! Can the team doctors drug Stiemsma and swap out cervical vertebra with Ryan Anderson... well, would it be legal if we did it in Germany? Speaking of, can German doctors sew Amino and Morrow together to be the perfect small forward? Is there anything in the current CBA against that? Where do these analysts get their idea of “basketball IQ” from; is there a league phrenologist who does this sort of thing?

Basically, you're stimulating, informative, and interactive. I understand that all of this comes with a price, but just know that most of us appreciate you and everything you do, even though we don't take the time out of our day to do so.

I know the team isn't cutting you a check, and neither is some corporate media moneytank, so you get the luxury of giving us raw opinions. You could theoretically make fun of how Aminu can't breath through his nose or how it's only a matter of time before Tom Benson drives his car into a heard of pedestrians on his way to Sears-Roebuck to buy a new picture box, but you don't. You have freedoms a lot of media guys aren't blessed with, and I respect how you manage to stay professional while at the same time entertaining. You walk a fine line very well, and that is why I have confidence in you. Basically, you really seem to give a damn about this stuff, and for that I will always read what you write, no matter how your predictions come out.

And I know you're wrong sometimes, but who cares? This stuff is supposed to be fun. Everyone is wrong. When Google had their initial IPO, I thought it was too high and invested a few grand into an Argentinian Gas company, and that blew up in my face (pun intended).... but you know what, I kept day trading until I had lost 75 percent of my savings. OK, that's a bad example, but what I'm saying is, I didn't give up until I was pretty sure I sucked at day-trading.

You're different. You do not suck at Twitter, predictions, or covering the Pelicans. I hope you come back to Twitter man, you were/are my number one guy I enjoyed reading. And hey, if its just not fun anymore and worth the time and effort, I understand that too, and I want to thank you for your years of entertaining me while I was on my phone reading your tweets instead of working...

Well I should note I do work at a water plant in a Parish that has problems with those brain eating amoebas so maybe it's good you're off Twitter now, who knows.

@lronmexico

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    MM if you see this clear your IM box haha.
    Don't bother; he won't respond to your PMs anyway...

Thread Information