Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What would be your dream season?

What would be your dream season?

After the Love trade goes through, we trade Eric Gordon to the T-Wolves for Kevin Martin & Corey Brewer. Young beats out Withey as our 3rd center and we keep Babbitt as Ryno insurance. So our opening day roster looks like this:

C: Asik, Ajinca, Young
    PF: AD, Ryno, Babbitt
    SF: Brewer, Salmons, Miller
    SG: Reke, KMart, Jimmer
    PG: Jrue, Rivers, Russ

We have numerous combinations of starters that we can put out on the floor any given night. That second unit could score, but defensively we will have problems. That's were Monty would have to get creative with his rotations. We stay healthy and make the playoffs to play none only than the Clippers!! We beat CP3 in an epic 1st round series, but then lose to the Spurs in the semis.

Your dream season has us losing in the semis? You don't dream too big do you?

PASS
    I'm a grinder

Eric beats Candice in a rematch

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    :*
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    Your dream season has us losing in the semis? You don't dream too big do you?
    you must not have heard. he said, "semis." we're in the west.

Seriously though.......I'd rather leave the team the way it is.
    I think Eric will either be traded at the deadline depending on how the season pans out or he opts out and signs elsewhere.

Both these scenarios are better than having KM for two more seasons after this one and not to mention Brewer who is a terrible 3 point shooter for one more season.

This gives us no flexibility next season to sign our long awaited SF and re-sign Asik.

Dream? Winning a playoff series.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Dream Big.

EJ recovers his explosiveness & goes off, beating out James Harden in All Star voting and becoming a well rounded player.
    Decides he loves NOLA and opts out to restructure his contract for more years/less money.

Anthony Davis takes his leap from last year and improves it 2 fold, earning MVP honors, DPOY and league leader in rebounds/blocks.

Ryan Anderson has an insane comeback, shooting .600% from 3, earning another MIP award.

Tyreke Evans starts this season on the tear that he ended last season and leads the league in scoring.

Jrue Holiday takes a leap to become the best 2-way PG in the league and becomes steals/assist leader.

Austin Rivers regains explosiveness & wins the dunk contest with an "NBA Jam" style somersault dunk.

Russ Smith & Patric Young provide solid contributions to the team, leading the league's best bench & becoming Co-ROTY.

Asik does everything we hoped and more. Leads Turkey to the FIBA WC Finals, narrowly losing to USA.
    Loves NOLA and resigns for the league minimum over 5 years.

Luke Babbitt learns the SF and develops the quickness to guard the likes of Lebron/Durant and shoots just under Ryno's 3%.

Pelicans win their 1st NBA championship after going 16-0 in the playoffs with the league's first 82-0 undefeated regular season.
    A Dynasty is born!

Beating the clippers in any playoff series would probably be the most memorable thing that could ever happen to this franchise, oh and AD getting MVP while Ryno get the 6th man award.

I think you mean Best Case Scenario season, any dream season that doesn't include a title isn't much of a dream. Best Case Scenario we push a good team to 6 or 7 games in the 2nd round and Gordon plays well enough to either land us an adequate trade, or opt out in the offseason.

What would be your dream season?

Yes but I want this team to feel the agony of defeat before being a champion! Just like my Saints, my favorite all time player Michael Jordan, and many other champions!

Getting a decent 3 for Gordon, and getting to the WCF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

I love Caffeine's enthusiasm, and i like the Eric Gordon scenario because that to me is the biggest wild card for this season (AD will probably take the next step but that's expected). My preference in that scenario however is that he gets S&T for a good starter 3.

Don't like the idea of brewer and tyreke on the floor together

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RekesNotWeak View Post
    That's were Monty would have to get creative with his rotations.
    Looks like another trip to the Lottery for Houston :P

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Seriously though.......I'd rather leave the team the way it is.
    I think Eric will either be traded at the deadline depending on how the season pans out or he opts out and signs elsewhere.

Both these scenarios are better than having KM for two more seasons after this one and not to mention Brewer who is a terrible 3 point shooter for one more season.

This gives us no flexibility next season to sign our long awaited SF and re-sign Asik.
    I just don't think he fits this roster at all!!!

We would save $3,403,938 this year and $3,524,031 next year, while adding 2 players and getting rid of one. We will have NO flexibility unless he opts out and that's highly unlikely IMO. Having KMart an extra year isn't the best, but he's a scorer/shooter that doesn't get hurt. You don't lose your ability to shoot and many keep on scoring well past the age of 30. Then hopefully we can buy out his contract for year 3 or trade him since he will be on an expiring deal that is not too bad at $7,337,500. Brewer brings what we really need in a player that is a legitimate 3 at 6'9" and can play defense against opposing 3s. We wouldn't have to worry about replacing Salmons cause we would have Martin.

Now if I knew for a fact that Eric Gordon would opt out then no I wouldn't make this deal. He hasn't played up to his contract at all, so do you really think with his injury history, he will pass up on $15.5 million. He would have to play every game and be the 2nd option on offense to get the numbers he needs to get a better contract.

I just don't think he will opt out cause I think he actually likes this team now and won't forgo $15.5 mil to leave.

Dream Season = Championship

82-0
    4 4 game sweeps to the championship.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

ad gets youngest to win mvp
    tyreke gets m.i.p
    monty williams gets fired

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutWithoutClout View Post
    ad gets youngest to win mvp
    tyreke gets m.i.p
    monty williams gets fired
    I'd say my dream is pretty out there; but AD getting MVP, which pretty much means we lock up a top 3 seed and the division. Reke getting MIP after posting 14-5-5. You'd still want Monty fired ????

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    My dream season would be for people to take facts as fact and not call it an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I'd say my dream is pretty out there; but AD getting MVP, which pretty much means we lock up a top 3 seed and the division. Reke getting MIP after posting 14-5-5. You'd still want Monty fired ????
    Yeah, if all of that happened, I'm pretty sure Monty would be praised, not punished.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    My dream season would be for people to take facts as fact and not call it an opinion.

I feel bad after watching that. I think I need more wine in a can.

you're right, leme rephrase

monty williams gets fired 1st
    AD youngest MVP
    tyreke MIP
    pels champs

Thread Information