Pelicans Report

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: NBA Rumors - Post Moratorium Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't care about either enough to argue. I'd rather Aminu simply because when he's on the court he has an elite skillet that gets used. miller doesn't shoot enough to factor in a game. And his defense is overrated.

I don't care for either, but if given the choice I'd rather Aminu.
    We know what Aminu can provide us when given the opportunity, minutes and trust from the coaching staff and team.
    Miller has yet been provided this opportunity, so what he can do is yet to be seen.. i'll give him one more chance, but as for Aminu his useless and rebounding isn't a concern anymore for this team, shooting is.

With Jordan Hamilton still available, I'm sure we could bring him into camp at the minimum. I wish we would give him a shot at a roster spot. We need a bigger small forward to guard the bigger wings in the league. We could also give Darius Miller some competition to make the roster. It can't do anything but help the team as well as Miller IMO. I would like to have Miller and a player like Hamilton make the roster. If that was to happen, I would rather we maybe cut Babbitt or Withey. We could more than likely pick Babbitt back up if we need to later on if Anderson misses a lot of time. AD, Asik, Anderson, Ajinca and Young are plenty enough big men for the roster IMO. Withey didn't do anything last season or in summer league to make me think he has to be on this roster going forward.

Like the NFL, can you have more than the maximum allowable amount of players in camp then cut it down to 15 before the season? Pretty sure you can, but I'm not sure the legality cap wise?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Rebounding - Aminu > Miller, Defense - Miller = Aminu, Shooting - Miller > Aminu Passing -Miller > Aminu, Dribbling Miller > Aminu. Aminu is good at rebounding, but everything else he is horrid. People try to argue defense, but when we facedv good SFs last year they dropped 20-30 on aminu. I would rather miller to be our 3rd or 4th SF than aminu easily.
    Sure if you break it down like that it seems like Miller is an all star. But Aminu's rebounding is twice as good as anything Miller has brought to the game. Aminu brings a known commodity and an elite skill while Miller hasn't really done anything.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Miller has yet been provided this opportunity, so what he can do is yet to be seen.. i'll give him one more chance, but as for Aminu his useless and rebounding isn't a concern anymore for this team, shooting is.
    I'm not sure that is the situation for the bench. I think we could use another rebounder on the bench. I would not assume AD and Asik are all we need as far as rebounding for entire games.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RekesNotWeak View Post
    With Jordan Hamilton still available, I'm sure we could bring him into camp at the minimum. I wish we would give him a shot at a roster spot. We need a bigger small forward to guard the bigger wings in the league. We could also give Darius Miller some competition to make the roster. It can't do anything but help the team as well as Miller IMO. I would like to have Miller and a player like Hamilton make the roster. If that was to happen, I would rather we maybe cut Babbitt or Withey. We could more than likely pick Babbitt back up if we need to later on if Anderson misses a lot of time. AD, Asik, Anderson, Ajinca and Young are plenty enough big men for the roster IMO. Withey didn't do anything last season or in summer league to make me think he has to be on this roster going forward.

Like the NFL, can you have more than the maximum allowable amount of players in camp then cut it down to 15 before the season? Pretty sure you can, but I'm not sure the legality cap wise?
    I'm starting to realize that there is maybe a reason for this.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I'm starting to realize that there is maybe a reason for this.
    Even if he's a bad player and/or an even worse person, given our need for his skillset if we can bring him in for the min I see no way it could hurt this team. Extremely low risk pretty decent reward(and that's being modest given his raw talent, skillset, and age).

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Even if he's a bad player and/or an even worse person, given our need for his skillset if we can bring him in for the min I see no way it could hurt this team. Extremely low risk pretty decent reward(and that's being modest given his raw talent, skillset, and age).
    We are at full roster, I believe, so who would we cut to get him? Miller, Babbitt, Jimmer, Salmons, Young, or Withey?

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Davis rebounds
    Asik rebounds
    Young rebounds

We don't need Aminu anymore. That was his one skill. We are now concentrating on players with multiple skills, aside from Babbitt/Withey. (not quite sure what other skills they have)

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    We are at full roster, I believe, so who would we cut to get him? Miller, Babbitt, Jimmer, Salmons, Young, or Withey?
    I'm ok with cutting Whitney, Miller, and Fredette to sign Hamilton. I don't see how Jeff and Jimmer play any meaningful minutes this upcoming season barring injuries(which creates it's own set of problems), and we know what we have in Darius so personally I'd rather go in a different direction.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 07-31-2014 at 10:49 AM.

I'm ok with cutting Whitney, Miller, and Fredette to sign Hamilton. I don't see how Jeff and Jimmer play any meaningful minutes this upcoming season barring injuries(which is creates it's own set of problems), and we know what we have in Darius so personally I'd rather go in a different direction.
    Withey is the only real possibility. Because we wouldn't sign Miller and Fredette just to cut them weeks later to sign Hamilton. He's been available for a while now. If we wanted him we would have just signed him and not one of the above guys. We clearly wanted Jimmer. Miller I think was more a comfort pickup.

Withey is the only real possibility. Because we wouldn't sign Miller and Fredette just to cut them weeks later to sign Hamilton. He's been available for a while now. If we wanted him we would have just signed him and not one of the above guys. We clearly wanted Jimmer. Miller I think was more a comfort pickup.
    I agree with you if we were going to sign Hamilton we would have done so by now. I'm just saying considering the make-up of this team IMO Hamilton helps us out much more than Fredette, Miller, or Withey.

I actually think Jimmer does have a place in this league especially if he can learn to be a more effective passer. I just don't see how he helps us moving forward especially this season. There's a log jam at the two guard position. I think Jordan's ceiling is much higher than Darius'. Not sure how much Jeff plays this year. Personally all the left over mins from Davis/Asik/Anderson I would like to see go to Young.

I'm ok with cutting Whitney, Miller, and Fredette to sign Hamilton. I don't see how Jeff and Jimmer play any meaningful minutes this upcoming season barring injuries(which creates it's own set of problems), and we know what we have in Darius so personally I'd rather go in a different direction.
    Yeah, I was just asking. All the guys I listed (+Russ) are all very expendable in my opinion.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with you if we were going to sign Hamilton we would have done so by now. I'm just saying considering the make-up of this team IMO Hamilton helps us out much more than Fredette, Miller, or Withey.

I actually think Jimmer does have a place in this league especially if he can learn to be a more effective passer. I just don't see how he helps us moving forward especially this season. There's a log jam at the two guard position. I think Jordan's ceiling is much higher than Darius'. Not sure how much Jeff plays this year. Personally all the left over mins from Davis/Asik/Anderson I would like to see go to Young.
    I just don't see the real logjam at 2. I see Austin as the primary backup to Holiday and Russ is Rivers' backup. Evans I see playing the majority of his minutes at the 3. Can he fill in for Gordon when he comes out or something? Sure, but I see Gordon and Jimmer as really our only 2 "true" SGs. I think Kings have been playing him out of position because of his size.

Could not agree more with Young.

been saying for a while now...withey is a long shot to be on the opening night roster

I just don't see the real logjam at 2. I see Austin as the primary backup to Holiday and Russ is Rivers' backup. Evans I see playing the majority of his minutes at the 3. Can he fill in for Gordon when he comes out or something? Sure, but I see Gordon and Jimmer as really our only 2 "true" SGs. I think Kings have been playing him out of position because of his size.

Could not agree more with Young.
    I meant both guard position when I said "at the two guard position" that was a clarity error on my part. I think most of are guards are interchangeable at the 1 or 2. With Holiday/Evans/Gordon set to take up the majority of the 80 mins there that leaves only a handful of mins for Rivers/Smith/Fredette.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Good for all of the teams involved. They all get what they want.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

Interesting. If you recall, the 76ers were interested in Bennett if he was there in our trade for Jrue. So, now they may get both Noel and Bennett.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

I like Thad Young, but man the Wolves have a lot of wing players now. (Brewer, Budinger, Muhammad, Martin, Shved, Hummel)

I thought Hummel was cut? He isn't long for this league if he isn't. I *think* they are looking to offload Martin as quickly as they can and thought the would try to do it with this trade.

I think they just re-signed him. I don't know if his contract is guaranteed though.

I would love to take Martin. He would be good for our bench, but, alas, that would require us to move Gordon and we all know the likelihood of that...

if I'm Minnesota I'd rather take a chance that Bennett can turn it around along with Wiggins than Thad Young

They need someone who can score. Bennett isn't that type of player. Young isn't an elite scorer I don't think, but he's a proven commodity. I don't know his contract details but I think he comes off the books in 2016 too. Gives Minnesota a chance at a big free agent in that coveted class.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    I am in the camp that Bennett will eventually become a good player. He's got too much talent/size not to.

According to Stein, NY is trying to unload wayne ellington and potentially pablo prigioni

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/st...55698144526336

I wonder what they are looking for in return

Thread Information