Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Alonzo Gee to New Orleans???

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    So we won't have a SF
    We will. He just won't be a stud. We will have to "settle" for 6 very good to great players and a collection of pretty good prospects (Smith, Withey, Rivers, Young) on great contracts to go along with a SF or two who probably won't make the All-Star team.
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I have never claimed to have been wronged. I just don't enjoy talking Pels with most people anymore. Especially on Twitter. Is it my fault? Someone else's? Don't know. Don't care.

The fan base is smarter now, so I am not really needed. And I want to enjoy other things. Not a big conspiracy here.
    Don't mind me... I'm at work. I'm like the guy in Office Space mumbling "...definitely not my stapler" right now.

FWIW, my wife hid my iPad last night. I think I might need to go enjoy other things too!

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I don't know how people are so edgy about this asik deal. Still have no clue what it is to judge it.
    Yea i just had a friend who is a Rockets fan going on and on about how Morey screwed us. I'm like sooo what is the deal? lol

MM never said he was leaving right now, if you go back and look he said AFTER summer league and since we are going to be winning this years tournament it won't be until the end of July! So ask away! Oh yeah our first win comes tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican_Brief View Post
    MM never said he was leaving right now, if you go back and look he said AFTER summer league and since we are going to be winning this years tournament it won't be until the end of July! So ask away! Oh yeah our first win comes tonight
    That D-League squad will be tough. I am not expecting a win, but will take one.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    I think MM mentioned this earlier but maybe we could get Dudley which I would be more than happy with and possibly Darius or another guy we sign with our exception. Then when we get rid of Gordon before next summer, we go get a big time SF.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    Yea i just had a friend who is a Rockets fan going on and on about how Morey screwed us. I'm like sooo what is the deal? lol
    Lol EXACTLY

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    I think MM mentioned this earlier but maybe we could get Dudley which I would be more than happy with and possibly Darius or another guy we sign with our exception. Then when we get rid of Gordon before next summer, we go get a big time SF.
    What big time SF are due to be free agents after this season again?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Speaking of that? How'd we get the D-League Squad anyway?

I heard it's their all star team
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

We will. He just won't be a stud. We will have to "settle" for 6 very good to great players and a collection of pretty good prospects (Smith, Withey, Rivers, Young) on great contracts to go along with a SF or two who probably won't make the All-Star team.
    Welcome back Mac! So, who can we get at SF? Is it someone we already saw in a Pels jersey? Any hints?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I smell a Garcia type. But I think Swaggy P would be incredible given what our frontcourt now looks like. Honestly, anyone with more experience than Darius Miller, the ability to shoot 30% from three, and require his defender to guard his is sort of my expectation right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    I heard it's their all star team
    Going to suck missing the d league GOAT I. Pierre Jackson

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I smell a Garcia type. But I think Swaggy P would be incredible given what our frontcourt now looks like. Honestly, anyone with more experience than Darius Miller, the ability to shoot 30% from three, and require his defender to guard his is sort of my expectation right now.
    And just like that... He's gone. Swaggy to the lakers

it's gonna be someone who can shoot and will be cheap, j hamilton or wesley johnson

Quote Originally Posted by jegirouard View Post
    Butler, J.Green, Harris, Carroll, D.Green, Wright, Crowder, and Copeland all look like possible options.

Leonard will be a RFA as well, but it's essentially a given that he's not going anywhere.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

And just like that... He's gone. Swaggy to the lakers
    It's all NM's fault. He just had to open his mouth.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Butler, J.Green, Harris, Carroll, D.Green, D. Wright, Crowder, and Copeland look like all possible options.

Leonard will be a RFA as well, but it's essentially a given that he's not going anywhere.
    Butler would be very ideal

Yeah, he's my favorite on that list by far.

Quote Originally Posted by jegirouard View Post
    Butler, Kawhi, J. Green, Chandler, Crowder, Gay, and G. Green

1-6

Butler, Harris, and Green jump off of that list to me

Guys, I never said I was leaving here! Not yet.

Anyway, just talking to some people. As I said in the past, it is going to be a very complex deal, but the main parts are all done. Just gotta sit tight a little longer.
    Welcome back Above The Rim!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicantoo View Post
    Wake up yall. Am I crazy or is it obvious that someone is going out in this trade? So, someone (s) for gee, who we waive, this turning a guarantee into a non guarantee. Am I off?
    Would agree if it included a 3rd team, but it did not. Cleveland is not taking on salary.

Nakia Hogan @nakiahogan 1 minute ago

#Pelicans officially announce the have acquired SF Alonzo Gee from Cavs for future considerations.

I would love Butler but he is going to get paid on GM said they would give him the max

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Bosh to Miami... Best news of the day

Thread Information