Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Alonzo Gee to New Orleans???

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    And they deserve chances too, just like Pierre
    They got their chances though...

And they deserve chances too, just like Pierre
    And he will get his. He is not a victim. Dell asked him before the draft if he would be willing to go overseas if drafted. He said yes.

Then he got homesick and had to go to D-League. Pels traded him this year to a team that would have had plenty of minutes for him. Again, in no way is he a victim, and there is no legitimate reason to believe he will be a good player beyond just blind hope, like with all 2nd round picks.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    They got their chances though...
    ok, now it Pierre turn but he's hurt now
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And he will get his. He is not a victim. Dell asked him before the draft if he would be willing to go overseas if drafted. He said yes.

Then he got homesick and had to go to D-League. Pels traded him this year to a team that would have had plenty of minutes for him. Again, in no way is he a victim, and there is no legitimate reason to believe he will be a good player beyond just blind hope, like with all 2nd round picks.
    I just wanted to see what the guy can do..

I just wanted to see what the guy can do..
    And I think what people are asking is - Why is he so special? Let's see what Russ Smith can do. What Patric Young can do.

Russ Smith was a champion and a First Team All-AP player. Who cares about Pierre? Let's see what the better player we got for him can do.

And I think what people are asking is - Why is he so special? Let's see what Russ Smith can do. What Patric Young can do.

Russ Smith was a champion and a First Team All-AP player. Who cares about Pierre? Let's see what the better player we got for him can do.
    I will say this. I think it's clear from the FO who they prefer. Pierre could never get a chance over here because they didn't like his playstyle. Russ gets a 2 yr guaranteed, 3rd year option deal almost before seeing him in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I will say this. I think it's clear from the FO who they prefer. Pierre could never get a chance over here because they didn't like his playstyle. Russ gets a 2 yr guaranteed, 3rd year option deal almost before seeing him in practice.
    If people could have been there after Pierre's 1st practice, they would have known THEN. I can't describe it, but he was just the exact opposite of what this staff seems to be all about. Meanwhile, they fell in love with Russ Smith and everything he is about.

And we are all better off regardless, because we don't have to follow Pierre on Twitter

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    MM what you make of Bosh to Miami in regards to Houston? I'm not real worried but Morey could screw us if he wanted to. I just can't see him ruining his reputation like that.

And we are all better off regardless, because we don't have to follow Pierre on Twitter
    Yall are being pretty harsh on a man we never got to see step on an NBA court, but that twitter was dangerous to one's sanity.

If people could have been there after Pierre's 1st practice, they would have known THEN. I can't describe it, but he was just the exact opposite of what this staff seems to be all about. Meanwhile, they fell in love with Russ Smith and everything he is about.

i agree with you 100%, but...
    weren't you the one re-tweeting all his #theysleep foolishness?

Guys, I never said I was leaving here! Not yet.

Anyway, just talking to some people. As I said in the past, it is going to be a very complex deal, but the main parts are all done. Just gotta sit tight a little longer.

late reply, bit sort of the pelicans report version of "the decision"
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Basketball Guru
    im late to the party and i saw on nba tv that the cavs have acquired the clippers 1st round 2016 pick from the pelicans for this player..........so if this is true then that means we dont have a 1st round pick until 2017.......i dont feel like looking at all of these pages so can someone please break this trade down to me.....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cgrand View Post
    i agree with you 100%, but...
    weren't you the one re-tweeting all his #theysleep foolishness?
    I love the guy as a person. He was one of the nicest people to me. We talked a lot about his family and he was always open to answer questions via IM.

But that is how I felt about him. If you notice my articles, I always try to come from the angle of what Dell and Monty are thinking. Not what I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    im late to the party and i saw on nba tv that the cavs have acquired the clippers 1st round 2016 pick from the pelicans for this player..........so if this is true then that means we dont have a 1st round pick until 2017.......i dont feel like looking at all of these pages so can someone please break this trade down to me.....thanks
    Either NBATV was wrong or you misheard

I love the guy as a person. He was one of the nicest people to me. We talked a lot about his family and he was always open to answer questions via IM.

But that is how I felt about him. If you notice my articles, I always try to come from the angle of what Dell and Monty are thinking. Not what I would do.
    Thats the first Ive heard of that.

If we have already given up our pick to the Rockets in 2015 we can't give up
    our 2016 pick also. Can't trade out consecutive picks.

He just intrigued me... Him being an offense type of player

fair enough

back to the pels...

He just intrigued me... Him being an offense type of player
    Do we really need more offense tho? Russ > Piere for this team.

Basketball Guru
    Either NBATV was wrong or you misheard
    im watching the summer league games and its going across the bottom of the tv with the rest of the deals.......maybe i saw wrong but did we give up any pick for this player?

its a second round pick,they had 1st round earlier.....lin is gone to the lakers.
    Last edited by 6warddude; 07-11-2014 at 06:58 PM.

im watching the summer league games and its going across the bottom of the tv with the rest of the deals.......maybe i saw wrong but did we give up any pick for this player?
    We gave a 2016 2nd round pick that was top 55 protected.

A top 55 protected 2nd rounder from the Clips in 2016. So basically, a fake pick.

Basketball Guru
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I think our starting 3 is already on the team.
    who

Mm, what happended to ur twit?

Thread Information