Thread: SW Big Men

SW Big Men

AD/Asik

Bosh/Howard

Randolph/Gasol

Dirk/Chandler

Duncan/Splitter

Anyone feel like ranking them?

1. Houston- 2 of the top 7 big men in the league.
    2a.Memphis- 2 of the top 10 big men in the league.
    2b. SA- An all time great, and a above avg. player.
    2c. Pels - A franchise player on the rise, and a defensive machine.
    2d. Dal- Dirk can still stroke it, Chandler is still a very good defensive player.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 07-11-2014 at 12:22 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, how does our tandem match with the Rockets specifically?

I'd go:

Duncan Splitter (Alot of experience working together, and doing it well)

AD Asik (Compliment each other very well)

Bosh Howard (Very close between Houston and NO for the better duo)

Randolph Gasol

Dirk Chandler (Bit old to be making big waves)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    2d. Dal- Dirk can still stroke it, Chandler is still a very good defensive player.
    Definitely agreed that the Howard-Bosh lineup is the clear-cut best, for now. I might put the Pels and Spurs in slot number 2 because I think you have to take Anderson and Diaw into account. They are difference makers. The Grizz probably belong up there, too. Their backup isn't as good, but the two starters are probably a slightly more effective combination than the Pels and Spurs.

I think Dallas is bringing up the rear because they lack any depth behind their main two. Not a problem for Houston since they can log a bunch of minutes so the backup isn't quite as important. Still a good frontcourt, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Food View Post
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, how does our tandem match with the Rockets specifically?

I'd go:

Duncan Splitter (Alot of experience working together, and doing it well)

AD Asik (Compliment each other very well)

Bosh Howard (Very close between Houston and NO for the better duo)

Randolph Gasol

Dirk Chandler (Bit old to be making big waves)
    Not to be the protagonist of PR, but how can you put Davis and Asik ahead of a prime Howard and Bosh? Howard and Bosh have both been franchise changing players already. The reason we have Asik is because Houston got Howard. Bosh wasn't as productive as he was 4 years ago in Toronto, but he took a back seat to two of the games all time greats. Howard is a good as Asik defensively while not being completely limited offensively. Just don't understand the rationale even if you are the biggest believer in Davis.

Bosh Howard is clearly the best duo, it's not really close. However, Bosh meshes well with Houston's offense, Howard doesn't. The pair is ideal, possibly the best duo imaginable really, in a vacuum, but I'm not really sure they are the best 2 for Houston.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Not to be the protagonist of PR, but how can you put Davis and Asik ahead of a prime Howard and Bosh? Howard and Bosh have both been franchise changing players already. The reason we have Asik is because Houston got Howard. Bosh wasn't as productive as he was 4 years ago in Toronto, but he took a back seat to two of the games all time greats. Howard is a good as Asik defensively while not being completely limited offensively. Just don't understand the rationale even if you are the biggest believer in Davis.
    You and I disagree all the time but you really can't in this case. There's no way Bosh/Howard isn't above AD/Asik. Personally I don't think Harden/Bosh/Howard are going to mesh well together. But since Asik and Bosh are newcomers to their respected teams so chemistry is really unknown at this point....it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by MeSoHornets504 View Post
    Bosh Howard is clearly the best duo, it's not really close. However, Bosh meshes well with Houston's offense, Howard doesn't. The pair is ideal, possibly the best duo imaginable really, in a vacuum, but I'm not really sure they are the best 2 for Houston.
    If Howard stops demanding post-ups and embraces his role as a top3 pick and roll big, then he would mesh fine.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Yeah I have to agree with da ThRONe here. Talent wise, Bosh and Howard has to be 1. I think our combo is more talented than the Duncan Splitter one at this point, but gotta give them the edge based on craft and experience. Dallas is probably last, and we're most likely 4th although this could change after another year of AD getting better.

I think if you are a GM looking to the future you take our frontcourt 9/10. It has the potential to be a better defensive pairing than Bosh/Howard. Offense, however, would really just come down to AD's development and Bosh/Howard have it by a mile currently

Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    I think if you are a GM looking to the future you take our frontcourt 9/10. It has the potential to be a better defensive pairing than Bosh/Howard. Offense, however, would really just come down to AD's development and Bosh/Howard have it by a mile currently
    The question isn't about the next three years it's about next season.

The question isn't about the next three years it's about next season.
    That's why I prefaced with "looking to the future"

Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    That's why I prefaced with "looking to the future"
    True, but considering Asik is an UFA next summer we may not have that front court the following season. I'd agree the next 3-4 years the only pair that GM's would consider over Asik/Davis is Howard/Bosh.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    I agree
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    1. Bosh and howard- as said above, two of the best big men in the league.

2. Randolph and Gasol - also two of the best offensive post players in the league. Gasol being good defensively is a plus.

3. Duncan and Splitter - experience, chemistry and I.Q. on both ends of the floor.

4. Nowitzki and Chandler - Dirk is still one of the most skilled 7 footers playing. Chandler is a defensive force.

5. Davis & Asik - Davis as we all know is the youngest best promising big as of now. Asik a defensive big.

I put Dallas above New Orleans because of experience and the fact Asik and Davis never played a game with each other.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    This is the best ranking, but in two years the Pelicans' could be second, behind Houston.

Hold up, I don't think we should be ranking Bosh and Howard as the best duo in the SW seeing as Bosh hasn't committed to the Rockets yet, while it entirely makes sense for Bosh to go to the Rockets. the Heat can still put a pretty nice Roster around Bosh and Wade seeing as they don't have to pay Lebron anymore. Lets not rule the Heat out yet. Last thing I want to do is to jinx it and make the SW conference any harder than it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    Hold up, I don't think we should be ranking Bosh and Howard as the best duo in the SW seeing as Bosh hasn't committed to the Rockets yet, while it entirely makes sense for Bosh to go to the Rockets. the Heat can still put a pretty nice Roster around Bosh and Wade seeing as they don't have to pay Lebron anymore. Lets not rule the Heat out yet. Last thing I want to do is to jinx it and make the SW conference any harder than it needs to be.
    Good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

See what did I freaking tell yall. Bosh finalizing deal to return to miami.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    This thread just lost its will to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    See what did I freaking tell yall. Bosh finalizing deal to return to miami.
    Yeah it was obviously contingent on Bosh going to Houston which was the word by most accounts.

So...um... who is the best big men tandems in the SW
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

But back to the discussion. I think we are now tied with San Antonio for best big man rotation in the SW maybe even the NBA nobody off the top of my head could match it.

I think though if Pau ends up in San Antonio there big man rotation would be crazy. Diaw, splitter, pau, and of course father time himself Duncan

1. Memphis
    2. SA
    3. Pels
    4. Dal
    5. Hou

Lol this thread
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Thread Information