Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PJ Tucker back to Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Pelibeast View Post
    I never got the fascination for this guy...He was good b/c he has been so cheap but now that he is paid his worth .... he's a below average starter....His deal kind of reminds me of Websters deal with Washington last year...Not an overpay but next summer they will be looking for someone to take his deal off their hands.
    Never got it either he does play solid D but I would like a more offensive minded sf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

Evans will play forward unless a trade for Green. If Asik is a rebounder and a great outlet passer, the Pels play small ball and run next season. Forward is Evans best position. The forward position allows Evans to rebound and play open court. It's the only position he can play effectively while being ball dominant on fast breaks within a system or scheme.Evans can be a better overall version of Tucker. This team doesn't need a sf. Gordon, Davis and Jrue will create spacing and scoring

Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    Evans will play forward unless a trade for Green. If Asik is a rebounder and a great outlet passer, the Pels play small ball and run next season. Forward is Evans best position. The forward position allows Evans to rebound and play open court. It's the only position he can play effectively while being ball dominant on fast breaks within a system or scheme.Evans can be a better overall version of Tucker. This team doesn't need a sf. Gordon, Davis and Jrue will create spacing and scoring
    I disagree about Evans being best at Forward. I think his size and wingspan plus his guard abilities make him a much better asset as a combo guard. However, if we do run and play small ball, i think it could work just fine. It just doesn't seem to be Monty's MO to run though.

The way Gordon played last year makes me believe he wants to be that guy who can get to the line or rim first and foremost, plus be able to hit the open jumpshot. He has the shooting ability over Evans but Evans has the handles and passing hands down.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    they suck

The legend of PJ Tucker finally dies.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So it's gonna be a S&T. Cool.
    I wish

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    BREAKING: Eric Gordon traded to ASIA for Gilbert Arenas.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Never got it either he does play solid D but I would like a more offensive minded sf

Grass is always greener syndrome

So who's left?

We need a SF in the worst way and days keep going by and nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    So who's left?

I'll play for them for about 85,000 a season.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    So who's left?

Realistically:

Evan Turner
    Shawn Marion
    Marvin Williams
    Caron Butler
    Richard Jefferson
    Michael Beasley
    Welsey Johnson
    Jordan Hamilton
    Francisco Garcia
    Chris Douglas-Roberts

Plenty of options available.

From that list... I can realistically see us going after:

Welsey Johnson
    Jordan Hamilton
    Francisco Garcia
    Chris Douglas-Roberts

And don't forget about Al-Farouq Aminu. He's still an option (unfortunately).

I purposely left him off that list

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Realistically:

Evan Turner
    Shawn Marion
    Marvin Williams
    Caron Butler
    Richard Jefferson
    Michael Beasley
    Welsey Johnson
    Jordan Hamilton
    Francisco Garcia
    Chris Douglas-Roberts

Plenty of options available.
    CDR is appealing. I watched him play all of his years at Memphis( even got to watch him practice with the team). He worked hard and played pestering defense. His offense was very unconventional but it looks like he has improved his three point shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    CDR is appealing. I watched him play all of his years at Memphis( even got to watch him practice with the team). He worked hard and played pestering defense. His offense was very unconventional but it looks like he has improved his three point shooting.

I'd be curious to see what you thought of his overall defense at the NBA level. You said at Memphis he played pestering defense. From what I've seen from him last year I liked what I saw offensively, my only question was his defense.

I thoight cdr was 6'5 and a guard? Or am i mixing him up with someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    I thoight cdr was 6'5 and a guard? Or am i mixing him up with someone else?
    More like 6'7" 210

So would you play CDR, Russ Smith, and Young together at the same time (on the 2nd unit)? Would you have enough scoring power (for when the 2nd unit comes in and we have a 6 point lead) to sustain the lead? That has been our problem.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Well Russ Smith can score, even though it seems like our coaches want him to become more of a playmaker than a scorer. Also Young would be behind Withey on the depth chart, and you have to remember that 1 of Gordon/Evans plus Ryno would be in the 2nd unit. I think we will be fine.

PJ Tucker back to Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I'd be curious to see what you thought of his overall defense at the NBA level. You said at Memphis he played pestering defense. From what I've seen from him last year I liked what I saw offensively, my only question was his defense.
    I honestly haven't watched much of him in the NBA except for the playoffs and he seemed to at least be playing hard on defense.

At Memphis though, he was longer than most players, so he was real good at using his arms to swat the ball out of players hands and even defend in the paint if needed. He and Dorsey were a good defensive tandem. He was really good at full court press. The only thing with Calipari is i don't think he teaches excellent defensive techniques. I think he is just an excellent motivator at getting good offensive players to play just as hard on defense. So that could explain why maybe a drop off on defense in the NBA( if true). That and the fact that he isn't as dominating in length/athleticism as he was in college. The ability is there though.

Edit: i just looked and he averaged about 60 blocks a season and 30 steals a season.

Last edited by Sleeper; 07-11-2014 at 09:35 AM. Reason: add

With Tucker resigning, this has me revisiting that Gerald Green rumor. Could the Suns be a third team in the Asik deal?

They let Frye walk, which IMO could be a hint that they've got a real bead on Anderson. But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    They let Frye walk, which IMO could be a hint that they've got a real bead on Anderson. But we'll see.

It does make you wonder, but from most reports so far Ryno doesn't seem to be a part of the trades. If he is, you wonder how much more than Asik we might be getting back. But still, I hope we don't give him up and all those fluff contracts for Asik (especially if MM is right and last season when everyone was healthy we were one of the deadliest teams in the NBA...and that was with Steamer at the 5).

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    The legend of PJ Tucker finally dies.
    I feel....empty.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Count me on the CDR train.

Thread Information