Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Value of Asik vs Lin

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I don't recall saying anything about trading Ryno or Gordon. Maybe I'm misreading this
    Sorry didn’t say you were.
    I was just agreeing and adding to your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    How do you figure we won't be losing it? The protection is not good (if as rumored). Not only is it only protected 1-3 on the top, but 20-30 on the back, which guarantees Houston that if we are better than expected, they do not get stuck with a bad 1st rounder, but will wait for a better one in a future year.
    Personally I think AD will make yet another jump, Asik will improve our 2 biggest weaknesses, defense and rebounding, jrue, tyreke, gordon a nd ryno healthy, I see us finishing int he top 10, meaning we keep the pick.

As Dell said, I think Jrue is an elite point guard in all 3 aspects, scoring, passing and defense, u don't have many PG's that can get u 17ppg 9 assists and lockdown defense, all while shooting a high percentage, plus he was only 23 and will only get better. I would take a team player like him before kyrie any day.

If you believe that the Pels will make the playoffs next season and every season afterwards, you also kind of believe that Rockets will never get a 1st rounder from us. Dallas was the 8th seed last year, got slotted 21st pick.
    @mcnamara247

There was a time when I would have liked Jeremy Lin , but Steve Blake never made more than $14 mil in a season.

I like what we potentially have going now.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
    Here is my question:

Is Omer Asik worth two first round picks more than Jeremy Lin?

We are giving up a 1st round pick to trade for Asik. According to reports, the 76ers will trade for Lin if they also get a 1st round pick. So basically we lose a 1st rounder to get Asik and 76ers get one to take on Lin's contract.

So basically this would mean that Asik is valued as two first round picks more than Lin, according to the Pelicans.

2nd question:

Any chance we could take Lin and Asik for Gordon and not lose any picks?

I know the answer to this question is probably no since they are trying to open cap space to sign Bosh, but I can dream, right?
    On this team?
    Yes
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Thread Information