Thread: Patric Young

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    MUST, MUST, MUST read on Russ Smith here

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...ican/12363801/
    Read it, can't wait to see him play.

MÜLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    But Ben Wallace and he are nothing alike!

Ben Wallace gobbled up rebounds amazingly well and Patric Young is not that good at it.

Obviously, the Pels don't know what they're talking about...

yea i agree, they may just mean Both are undrafted, undersized non offensive 5's. young may be a better on ball defender and more versatile, but wallace was one of the greatest at blocking and rebound ever, so i don't agree with the comparison. for example in college, wallace averaged 10 rpg, young averaged 6
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

Lance Thomas++

I like the idea of a guy who makes his teammates better by practice.
    Not the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    That's what we'll use the MLE and BAE on as long as we still have them after the Asik deal.
    Which, as a sidenote, is my main problem with the Asik deal but we'll come back to that after people start complaining about how we are forced to play inferior players big minutes while we have tens of millions resting on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Which, as a sidenote, is my main problem with the Asik deal but we'll come back to that after people start complaining about how we are forced to play inferior players big minutes while we have tens of millions resting on the bench.
    If your assumption is correct, I think a lot of people will actually agree with you. But the problem has always been that you are assuming that hasn't happened yet.

If the roster has to be purged just to absorb him, then there will be some legit criticism. But we aren't there yet. This conversation should be had in a week from today, but you were determined to have it a week ago.
    @mcnamara247

If your assumption is correct, I think a lot of people will actually agree with you. But the problem has always been that you are assuming that hasn't happened yet.

If the roster has to be purged just to absorb him, then there will be some legit criticism. But we aren't there yet. This conversation should be had in a week from today, but you were determined to have it a week ago.
    But like trading this years pick, it should have been judged not off of who they picked but rather the value beforehand. If there was already a deal in place then I would have no criticism. Right now we're in a jam until Dell gets us out of it. That's a risky situation. At this point it looks like we're just as likely to be starting bargain bin players on the wings as it is that we start any decent player. I know Dell can pluck minimum players but is that really the move we'd hope for? A brain Roberts level player on the wings while we rest guys?
    Sorry, not trying to thread-jack. I do really like Patric Young. I am excited to see him play and see his effect on our squad.

It's the same reason I found the whole "we gave away a first for a 1 year rental" so annoying because we have no idea how it will pay out. Dell could make it a mission to extend Asik right from the start. He could use Birds rights and give him a great deal.

Lowry was just signed as a UFA to the team he was currently on. Its like people want to look at the trade in the absolute worst light possible and then complain about it based on the absolute worst thing happening. "We lost a lottery pick, Asik will command a max and we won't pay him. 1 yr rental. Dell making moves for his job and sold our future for a first round exit this year."

But like trading this years pick, it should have been judged not off of who they picked but rather the value beforehand. If there was already a deal in place then I would have no criticism. Right now we're in a jam until Dell gets us out of it. That's a risky situation. At this point it looks like we're just as likely to be starting bargain bin players on the wings as it is that we start any decent player. I know Dell can pluck minimum players but is that really the move we'd hope for? A brain Roberts level player on the wings while we rest guys?
    Sorry, not trying to thread-jack. I do really like Patric Young. I am excited to see him play and see his effect on our squad.
    Again, you are assuming. Luke Babbitt not at practice today tells me just the opposite. Tells me that there is something already in place.

I don't know why it is so hard to wait to evaluate. We will have literally nothing to talk about from late July to early October. Plenty of time to discuss when we see the end product, not our assumptions of what the end product will be.

Looks you jus hijacked the thread. SMH

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s..._bring_si.html
    "They see me as a little Ben Wallace," Young said referring to the former Detroit Pistons NBA Defensive MVP and perennial rebounding champ. "And I'm happy with that, playing that role. It's a good feeling, feeling as though I'm wanted."
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 07-08-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Again, you are assuming. Luke Babbitt not at practice today tells me just the opposite. Tells me that there is something already in place.

I don't know why it is so hard to wait to evaluate. We will have literally nothing to talk about from late July to early October. Plenty of time to discuss when we see the end product, not our assumptions of what the end product will be.
    If we can't judge this move until we see what else Dell does then we can't judge the Holiday trade until we see Saric and Noel in the NBA. A move should be judged based off of what it was at the time. If there was an immediate move already in place I'd agree with you, but this far into free agency it looks like we're hoping things work out.

If we can't judge this move until we see what else Dell does then we can't judge the Holiday trade until we see Saric and Noel in the NBA. A move should be judged based off of what it was at the time. If there was an immediate move already in place I'd agree with you, but this far into free agency it looks like we're hoping things work out.
    Because you always know what Dell is doing before it happens, right?

I just don't get why we can't wait a week. I am not saying years. Just see what the totality of this thing looks like in its final form. I don't get why that is so hard. Is the world ending in 3 days or something?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    This article is amazing. Especially the part about having to keep The Saints coaches away from Patric because of his size and strength.

It's true. Dude looks like he could be a linebacker and just LIGHT people up.

If we have to judge the trade by what it was when it happened then the trade was Asik for a protected 1st.

You can't add in the lose of MLE, Bi-Annual, or anything else as a reason for hating the trade because those have nothing to do with the trade. The MLE and BIAnnual are completely separate events that can be kept or lost depending on what other trades that Dell make. It could be just as easily said that Dell gave away the MLE and BA to keep Ryno.

Another one: http://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/pel...presence-paint

After watching that video i like this dude even more. SUMMER LEAGUE!!
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 07-08-2014 at 05:16 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's great and annoying at the same time. Cuz now I have expectations for these totally meaningless games. I mean, keeping score is only really a formality. But I expect us to be a great defensive team that'll score a lot in transition.

Even though I know defense takes time.

It's great and annoying at the same time. Cuz now I have expectations for these totally meaningless games. I mean, keeping score is only really a formality. But I expect us to be a great defensive team that'll score a lot in transition.

Even though I know defense takes time.
    Im going to watch the SL games with the goal of seeing Young lay some monster screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Im going to watch the SL games with the goal of seeing Young lay some monster screens.
    I haven't seen him play before. Seems like he should be a beast on screens.

When i heard "like a lil Ben Wallace" i was like...

The pickups of Russ Smith and Pat Young, along with the trading of first round picks, prove that Dell Demps will choose the known over the unknown 100% of the time. And how can you blame him when every year guys like Mason Plumlee and Tim Hardaway Jr. have much more success in the NBA than guys like Lucas Nogueira and Dennis Schroeder.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Dennis Schroeder.

Oh yeah. What ever happened to him? He did anything in the league at all yet?

Dennis Schroeder.

Oh yeah. What ever happened to him? He did anything in the league at all yet?
    No one knows what happens in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    The pickups of Russ Smith and Pat Young, along with the trading of first round picks, prove that Dell Demps will choose the known over the unknown 100% of the time. And how can you blame him when every year guys like Mason Plumlee and Tim Hardaway Jr. have much more success in the NBA than guys like Lucas Nogueira and Dennis Schroeder.
    Outside of the top 5 or 8, the draft is more miss than hit.

An article about draft pick percentages: http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...hornets-picks/

It has numbers!

Can we allow him to earn his adoration for once guys ; I'm really want him to be a big deal too but the same things were happening last year w Whithey who was barely serviceable.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thread Information