Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Showing Interest In Joe Ingles Again

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Isn't he riding the pine for his team (looking at the Wiki depth chart)?
    Was thinking I was curious about. He started the season getting the bulk of the minutes, but halfway through the season his minutes got cut in half. I don't know why. When he got the minutes he produced.

I like the face that he gives a fake before going with his final motion most of the time.
    I like his pull-up fade away jumper cause he would be able to get it off.... but it's also a curse for most cause they fall in love with it
    I like his high-arc on his shot

it's concerning that he is 26 and not having a bigger impact where he is playing though

I am not concerned about him being 26 and not making a big impact on his team, heck PJ Tucker is finally a "player" on the Suns and people are balls deep for some of that action. If we could land Ingles and at a fraction of the Tucker price tag I say "sold, to the man in desperate need of a sf!"
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 07-05-2014 at 11:47 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Roberts also made a decent impact over here when we got him at that age.

This sounds like roberts 2.0

Why? Because he is close to the same age and played overseas?

Literally thousands of guys who fit that profile.
    @mcnamara247

Do you guys remember this guy ...? dude lit up the Euro league. He was our signing that was going to put us over the top. But then the bottom fell out.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Why? Because he is close to the same age and played overseas?

Literally thousands of guys who fit that profile.
    That's not really an argument against him however. Miller has been given a chance and proven nothing. At least the few chances Ingles has gotten he has produced. In two years Miller's stats have decreased, at least we still increase in Ingles.

This is why I am curious why you have both rated as exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I am not concerned about him being 26 and not making a big impact on his team, heck PJ Tucker is finally a "player" on the Suns and people are balls deep for some of that action. If we could land Ingles and at a fraction of the Tucker price tag I say "sold, to the man in desperate need of a sf!"
    I'm with ya

Look at Ingles videos, then watch Babbitt's. Now tell me the difference. This is not a big upgrade.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    Look at Ingles videos, then watch Babbitt's. Now tell me the difference. This is not a big upgrade.
    Uh. One has handles and can pass and plays a completely different position?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Your so right, he is shorter, a tad quicker, maybe a little better passer than Babbitt, I guess I missed that while watching YouTube.
    He might end up a decent role player but I do not see a difference maker....if the Pels sign him I hope I am wrong.
    Last edited by redrum; 07-06-2014 at 02:42 AM.

Babbitt played mainly SF in 2 of his 4 NBA seasons. When he played for us he was playing Ryno's role, which was pulling a big out of the paint to the perimeter. Technically he may have been labeled our PF, but it wasn't because of his rebounding, defense or post offense.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Don't see anything unique about him besides being left handed. So, officially color me nonplussed.

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    Your so right, he is shorter, a tad quicker, maybe a little better passer than Babbitt, I guess I missed that while watching YouTube.
    He might end up a decent role player but I do not see a difference maker....if the Pels sign him I hope I am wrong.
    We are talking about bringing him over for an Ajinca type deal. If he becomes a decent role player that's a huge win.

People don't relize we don't even have a single decent role player at the 3...is it so horrible to get one?

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Babbitt played mainly SF in 2 of his 4 NBA seasons. When he played for us he was playing Ryno's role, which was pulling a big out of the paint to the perimeter. Technically he may have been labeled our PF, but it wasn't because of his rebounding, defense or post offense.
    At best you could say those two seasons he split time near 50/50 between. At NO time did play "mainly SF". He always played more minutes at PF. Por recognized he wasn't a SF and stopped trying to play him there. His two best seasons from a +/- he played mainly PF. For his NBA career he has played over 70% of his minutes there.

He is too slow to guard SFs. And his main skill is best utilized from the 4 position. Ingles is a different player all together. Yes, they are both white but that's really where the similarities end. Ingles is shorter, quicker, better ball handler, passer, and is said to be solid on defense. Babbitt is a hustle guy that can shoot the 3 better. I like him a lot but their skill sets do not overlap in any area.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 07-06-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    People don't relize we don't even have a single decent role player at the 3...is it so horrible to get one?
    This. He can't be bad for the team, we don't need a superstar for the sf spot. And this may not matter but, who knows how much better his game will translate to the NBA? We are crossing our fingers to get guys that are role players at best in FA, why not take a chance on him?

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Once the Big Dawgs eat. Dell will find a SF who'll fit what we're trying to do. Ingles would be a nice fit off the bench,but can he beat babbit out for that spot ?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    Once the Big Dawgs eat. Dell will find a SF who'll fit what we're trying to do. Ingles would be a nice fit off the bench,but can he beat babbit out for that spot ?
    Saying as they aren't competing for the same spot I think there is a great chance for him.

Saying as they aren't competing for the same spot I think there is a great chance for him.
    Exactly. Its not Babbitt vs. Ingles

Its Miller vs. Southerland vs. Ingles vs. other SF's on this market that you can get for the league minimum. I think you can get James Jones, Brandon Rush, and Chris Singleton at the min. Maybe CDR and Alan Anderson too.

Thats the convo you are having about the backup SF position. Ingles would not top that list for me

Euro league and Olympic style of play is totally different from tge NBA style of play. His footwork is very slow, so he will struggle playing against the NBAs SF. Plus lets also add being a foreigner, being out of his comfort zone, having no friends and playing a different style of game, competing against USA great athlete's. He will struggle! At best, he can contribute as a situational spotup shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Euro league and Olympic style of play is totally different from tge NBA style of play. His footwork is very slow, so he will struggle playing against the NBAs SF. Plus lets also add being a foreigner, being out of his comfort zone, having no friends and playing a different style of game, competing against USA great athlete's. He will struggle! At best, he can contribute as a situational spotup shooter.
    That's all I see as well. At least with Dario Saric, he's got some size. Da well. If we bring in him, I wish the best.

He's from that magical year of 1987, afterall.

God, he's old

I think people are evaluating him like he's a starter. I'm thinking of him as a guy competing against Miller next year. Compared against him, I see no area Miller is better. If people want Miller back, I don't see how they wouldn't rather a guy who does nearly everything better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    God, he's old

Shaddap! Anyone born is '87 is awesome! Doubly awesome!

Thread Information