Pelicans Report

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1087

Thread: Summer League

Fells wins the SL SF derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Nah you understand nothing, he's crap.

I think we should get that morris guy that had 53 points in summer league action. He's so much better than rivers.
    I'll take him.

What's his cap #?

It's gotta be lower than Rivers right? haha

Fells can be our PJ Tucker

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    He was the only college player I really liked, and the main reason is because I took Louisville to win it all in my bracket. So he's one of my favorite players. I'm a fan.
    He will be a perineal backup just like Anderson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    This is my fault. I'm at work, not watching. Clearly we can't win without me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    This is my fault. I'm at work, not watching. Clearly we can't win without me.
    Well at least you admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    I'm totally with you. You need guys like him on your team. Solid players who add something different to your rotations.
    Please tell me what Rivers adds to our rotations besides some occasional good Defense, followed by 10 terrible missed layups, a bunch of pointless dribble drives, throwing himself on the ground every 5 plays, and then having that 1 crossover move or floater that actually falls where it all of a sudden validates everyone on this board raving about his potential and improvement?

If he wasn't somehow drafted #10 (which is still a mystery) he wouldn't even be on this team. If Russ Smith played like Rivers does, it'd be expected... b/c he was the 46th pick and has to show something in SL in order to make the squad. Smith does play reckless and out of control, but see what you get with him. I wouldn't be surprised if Russ gets a lot of backup PG minutes b/c I just don't see Rivers as a PG and I'm hoping Monty sees that his experiment failed as well. Hopefully sooner than later. According to the BSS guys, Rivers stock couldn't go any lower than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    He will be a perineal backup just like Anderson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Except Anderson has started, and would start for most NBA teams. I guess you can call your 2nd best player a backup when your 1st best player plays the same position? Lol.

Russ Smith could turn out like Isaiah Thomas, a gem in the 2nd round. Actually, Isaiah Thomas was the last pick of the 2nd round.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 07-17-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Russ Smith has too much ability and smarts to not pan out. He could blow up to the point people try to get him out us.

Could. At the least he makes us a lot deeper than before.

Quote Originally Posted by TBlaze View Post
    Please tell me what Rivers adds to our rotations besides some occasional good Defense, followed by 10 terrible missed layups, a bunch of pointless dribble drives, throwing himself on the ground every 5 plays, and then having that 1 crossover move or floater that actually falls where it all of a sudden validates everyone on this board raving about his potential and improvement?

If he wasn't somehow drafted #10 (which is still a mystery) he wouldn't even be on this team. If Russ Smith played like Rivers does, it'd be expected... b/c he was the 46th pick and has to show something in SL in order to make the squad. Smith does play reckless and out of control, but see what you get with him. I wouldn't be surprised if Russ gets a lot of backup PG minutes b/c I just don't see Rivers as a PG and I'm hoping Monty sees that his experiment failed as well. Hopefully sooner than later. According to the BSS guys, Rivers stock couldn't go any lower than it already is.

Rivers had the 4th highest 3 Point Catch and Shoot Percentage of ALL PLAYERS that had 60 or more opportunities. The guy is improving his game.

You don't like him be cause he went to Duke. We get it.

Russ Smith has too much ability and smarts to not pan out. He could blow up to the point people try to get him out us.

Could. At the least he makes us a lot deeper than before.
    He certainly has potential. I think some may need to temper their expectations as we are looking at summer league right now. I am a little concerned about his size and how he will hold up. However, for the first couple of years at least, I do not see him longing a tremendous amount of minutes.

Observations from today: Withey has gotten worse. Patric Young is overrated as hell on this board. Russ smith is a little monster. Courtney Fells is our SF. DeQuan Jones sucks

Only person that had a good game was Fells. Maybe Russ. But I'd say Fells, then Russ, then a everyone else. Jones and Carter were absolutely nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by LSULSULSU View Post
    Observations from today: Withey has gotten worse. Patric Young is overrated as hell on this board. Russ smith is a little monster. Courtney Fells is our SF. DeQuan Jones sucks
    Pat ain't overrated

Have you even watched him the past 3 games?

Patric Young is overrated as hell on this board.
    Clarify.

What pick do we get in next year's summer league draft?
    #Balls4Mod

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Pat ain't overrated

Have you even watched him the past 3 games?
    I watched him get pushed around by Noah Vonleh and Cody Zeller. He didn't score A point. Had 0 Rebs. Dude sucks. Sorry

Clarify.
    To clarify, he sucks and is not as good as everyone says. He got MANHANDLED today.

I watched him get pushed around by Noah Vonleh and Cody Zeller. He didn't score A point. Had 0 Rebs. Dude sucks. Sorry
    actually had 5 rebounds and a very nice block. He didn't take any shot attempts because the guards were dominating the scoring.

Of course he'll struggle a bit versus two nba quality bigs(and first round picks) like zeller/vonleh. So he sucks based on 1 game in summer league? He's been the only active big at times on D and rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    actually had 5 rebounds and a very nice block. He didn't take any shot attempts because the guards were dominating the scoring.

Of course he'll struggle a bit versus two nba quality bigs(and first round picks) like zeller/vonleh. So he sucks based on 1 game in summer league? He's been the only active big at times on D and rebounding.
    All I'm saying is that he didn't show me a reason for why he should be on this team. We shouldn't need someone like him on this team. He won't play anyway. He doesn't have any potential whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    Rivers had the 4th highest 3 Point Catch and Shoot Percentage of ALL PLAYERS that had 60 or more opportunities. The guy is improving his game.

You don't like him be cause he went to Duke. We get it.
    Yeah... That's the only reason. It has nothing to do with his play..

It's easy as hell to improve in your second season when your first was so miserable. But good try with one stat bunch. How admirable.

All I'm saying is that he didn't show me a reason for why he should be on this team. We shouldn't need someone like him on this team. He won't play anyway. He doesn't have any potential whatsoever.
    He has potential with his combination of athleticism/rebounding/defense and his high energy/hustle. He's a prototypical monty type player.

I think you're jumping the gun on 1 game fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He certainly has potential. I think some may need to temper their expectations as we are looking at summer league right now. I am a little concerned about his size and how he will hold up. However, for the first couple of years at least, I do not see him longing a tremendous amount of minutes.
    Taller than Isaiah Thomas. Taller than Ty Lawson. He plays good defense and was taught well by Rick Pitino. Remember this is a deep draft so someone in the 2nd round in this draft could be as good as someone in the 1st round in another draft.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 07-17-2014 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TBlaze View Post
    Yeah... That's the only reason. It has nothing to do with his play..

It's easy as hell to improve in your second season when your first was so miserable. But good try with one stat bunch. How admirable.
    http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2014/4/...s-season-recap

I'd suggest reading this

You may make a good good assessment of talent, but your approach would cause me to think you talk out of your (*&

Listening to you would automatically make me assume he is not as bad as you say he is, but he may need to improve some areas.

Given your over confident opinion I don't expect you will take my feedback very seriously either.
    Last edited by Lee2000; 07-17-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Thread Information