Pelicans Report

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer League

Josh Howard:
    Started. Knows limits. Draws fouls. Can shoot FT's. Can RB. Can't defend. Fouls on perimeter due to slow D. Problem's getting shot. Can shoot 3. Not a 3 and D.

C Fells and C Ayers both made 2-4 3 pt shots

Southerland made 25 % shots but played good D.

Tomorrow's game isn't coming on NBATV and doesn't look like WatchESPN will carry it either.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Tomorrow's game isn't coming on NBATV and doesn't look like WatchESPN will carry it either.
    Seriously?......

Exum looking nice.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    Seriously?......
    Price is $5 now.

http://www.nba.com/summerleaguelive/

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Yeah and Rivers is younger than Smith. Russ isn't a one and done 19 year old. Much more seasoned than Rivers was at this stage.
    Here's my rebuttal. According to some, you can't get better staying in college because the best talent is in the pros. Now that another guard comes on our team and is head and shoulders better than Rivers, it's because he stayed in college. He's more seasoned. Which one is it? Better to go pro as soon as possible or stay in college and get better? I'm anti 1 and done btw. That's my knock on Rivers.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

What time is the game today ??

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    What time is the game today ??
    2pm eastern I believe

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Here's my rebuttal. According to some, you can't get better staying in college because the best talent is in the pros. Now that another guard comes on our team and is head and shoulders better than Rivers, it's because he stayed in college. He's more seasoned. Which one is it? Better to go pro as soon as possible or stay in college and get better? I'm anti 1 and done btw. That's my knock on Rivers.
    The point in players who stay longer in college is that usually they do because they're not good enough for the nba straight away. And if a player stays 4 years in college it usually means A) He can't be that good to start with B) His floor may be higher than some 1anddone but his ceiling is a lot lower

Now with your usual flawless logic russ is "head and shoulders" better than rivers, because he had a decent game...in the summer league. Against d-league scraps.

Okay.

Honestly i don't believe much in rivers but to say an unproven point guard rookie who had a game with more TOs than assists in the summer league is better than him is asinine. Just my opinion, have fun trying to dump **** on rivers, i have better things to waste my time on than this

Austin Rivers first game of SL last year - 23 points (8-15), 7 rebounds, and 6 assists. Just 2 turnovers.

That settles it. Rivers must be better.
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Austin tried to dunk on people in summer league last year. Then he got banged up again.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Austin Rivers first game of SL last year - 23 points (8-15), 7 rebounds, and 6 assists. Just 2 turnovers.

That settles it. Rivers must be better.
    But it wasn't his first game ever in summer league. Your solid data is totally and appallingly pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    The point in players who stay longer in college is that usually they do because they're not good enough for the nba straight away. And if a player stays 4 years in college it usually means A) He can't be that good to start with B) His floor may be higher than some 1anddone but his ceiling is a lot lower

Now with your usual flawless logic russ is "head and shoulders" better than rivers, because he had a decent game...in the summer league. Against d-league scraps.

Okay.

Honestly i don't believe much in rivers but to say an unproven point guard rookie who had a game with more TOs than assists in the summer league is better than him is asinine.
    I like this argument. It's close to what I'd say so I don't have to waste my time.

Game will be on NBA TV at 1:30 AM EST. I'll be recording and watching tomorrow

But it wasn't his first game ever in summer league. Your solid data is totally and appallingly pointless.
    Like all summer league data. Josh Selby has the best PER of all time.

8 bonus points if anybody can tell me who Josh Selby plays for without googling.

It use to be Memphis..

"

Okay.

Honestly i don't believe much in rivers but to say an unproven point guard rookie who had a game with more TOs than assists in the summer league is better than him is asinine. Just my opinion, have fun trying to dump **** on rivers, i have better things to waste my time on than this
    I'm not basing my opinion on summer league. I think Russ is the better player overall based on college and pro careers. Head & shoulders may be strong words but my flawed logic stands. When Rivers is concerned, staying in college wouldn't have helped and others are only better because they are more seasoned. At least according to all the GMs and scouts on this site. My question was never answered. Is staying in college a wate of time or should we continue to let them leave early and make excuses about once they mature they'll be awesome?
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 07-13-2014 at 09:52 AM.

"

I'm not basing my opinion on summer league. I think Russ is the better player overall based on college and pro careers. Head & shoulders may be strong words but my flawed logic stands. When Rivers is concerned, staying in college wouldn't have helped and others are only better because they are more seasoned. At least according to all the GMs and scouts on this site. My question was never answered. Is staying in college a wate of time or should we continue to let them leave early and make excuses about once they mature they'll be awesome?
    A player develops fastest in the environment where he gets a lot of minutes against competition better (but not soul-crushingly better) than him. Obviously, this is a case-by-case basis depending on the player. Some are best served staying in college, some in D-League, others overseas, and, of course, the NBA.

e: Rivers would probably have been best served spending time in the D-League. The NBA was too much, college is bleh, and overseas wouldn't give him minutes.
    Last edited by Kibner; 07-13-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Game will be on NBA TV at 1:30 AM EST. I'll be recording and watching tomorrow
    Oh hell yeah!

2pm eastern I believe
    4:30 EST (3:30 CST)

http://www.nba.com/games/20140713/LA...fo.html?ls=slt

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Yeah its 3:30 I'm Louisiana

Only $5 now for SL pass on NBA.com.

And you can watch past games and go to any moment.

I am at 79-62 right now with 4 minutes left. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out!!!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Like all summer league data. Josh Selby has the best PER of all time.

8 bonus points if anybody can tell me who Josh Selby plays for without googling.
    Real Madrid? Or Team Littlefinger?

Thread Information