Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Should we go after Michael Beasley?

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    gotta love who dat pel...that hilarious dude
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutWithoutClout View Post
    dude have u worked in the league or talked to people who do? 90% of the nba smokes ganja. they're told in advance when their drug tests are so they can detox
    So you work in the NBA do you?
    90%......is that your opinion or is this actually documented somewhere?
    The difference is 'most' NBA players are smart enough to only smoke weed in the off season.
    I don’t care as long as the 10% who don’t smoke weed play for New Orleans then I am happy.
    I doubt it very much if Davis, Anderson, Holiday or Evans smoke weed during the season or at all.
    You know why? because they are professional athletes who don’t take their careers for granted.
    Beasley has taken his career for granted and will only be a cancer on this team….I can’t feel sorry for someone like him to give him another chance after another chance.
    I have no problem with people who smoke weed.
    I have smoked it and many of my friends still do.
    I doubt that the FO would have anyone like Beasley on this team, as they have said many times they are looking for particular personal to build this team and Beasley does not fit that profile.
    Maybe on a Non-guaranteed contract that has an out clause then I’s say go for it
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 07-08-2014 at 02:19 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbr4ABBPv3g

they are both very good rebounders for the small forward position, they are also both elite athletes. those are the main two similarities. watch any video of beasley on youtube, he's more dynamic and the best option for the price. also if you read comments on bleacher report after heat games, the fans really wanted to see more of beasley
    yeaaaa the bleacher report commentors... right.... good argument
    never assume

Id trade Rivers for him

All players are subject to four (4) random tests each season (from October 1 to June 30). All players are also subject to two (2) random tests each off-season (from July 1 to September 30). All such tests are scheduled and conducted by an independent, third-party entity and are without prior notice to the player. The NBA and the NBPA are not involved in the scheduling of any tests or the selection of players for testing.

Thats according to league policy...what i am telling you is that the players are notified in advance, despite league 'policy,' and yes tyreke evans, jrue holiday and anthony davis smoke as much as the rest of the nba...which is a lot. it has nothing to do with taking a career for granted...it has little negative affect towards a players game (unless they were smoking before the game)

jg, i don't understand the aminu youtube video rebuttal. aminu never broke college records, shot 3s well, or put up 42 in a game....
    Last edited by ScoutWithoutClout; 07-08-2014 at 03:34 PM.

jg, i don't understand the aminu youtube video rebuttal. aminu never broke college records, shot 3s well, or put up 42 in a game....
    The youtube video is just that, highlights from one game that don't really tell any of the story, just like the youtube video you put (Beasley's 19pt game against the Bucks...of all teams). Beasley never shot 3's well either, in all his years in the nba he has never averaged ONE per game, not one. He averages making 37.5 a year, he doesn't shoot 3's, it isn't part of his game. Plenty of players play well in college and fail in the nba. Adam Morrison Thabeet? Tyler Hansbrough?

All players are subject to four (4) random tests each season (from October 1 to June 30). All players are also subject to two (2) random tests each off-season (from July 1 to September 30). All such tests are scheduled and conducted by an independent, third-party entity and are without prior notice to the player. The NBA and the NBPA are not involved in the scheduling of any tests or the selection of players for testing.

Thats according to league policy...what i am telling you is that the players are notified in advance, despite league 'policy,' and yes tyreke evans, jrue holiday and anthony davis smoke as much as the rest of the nba...which is a lot. it has nothing to do with taking a career for granted...it has little negative affect towards a players game (unless they were smoking before the game)
    First, you have no idea if any of our players smoke, no clue, you have no evidence because there is none. you are just assuming that based on some misconceived notion that "everyone does it"

Second, if he is informed that he is being tested and STILL doesn't change his habits that is worse, it shows he doesn't give a damn
    Last edited by jgman; 07-08-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    First, you have no idea if any of our players smoke, no clue, you have no evidence because there is none. you are just assuming that based on some misconceived notion that "everyone does it"

Second, if he is informed that he is being tested and STILL doesn't change his habits that is worse, it shows he doesn't give a damn
    TY my point exactly.

the NBA hasn't ever tested for pot. that's why the players have always gotten busted for it. it makes sense to use it as opposed to drinking, except for the legality lol. Robert Parish was caught getting a lot via his mail after 40 years of age. His reply was along the lines of "do you think I just started? smoking as opposed to drinking increased the longevity of my career ect."

Did the new collective bargaining agreement ban it?

anyways, it's one thing to burn and another to go out of your way to look like you burn and get caught with it constantly

my friend, if you are under the notion that the players don't smoke, then you have the misconception. I'm telling you the majority of the league smokes.

my friend, if you are under the notion that the players don't smoke, then you have the misconception. I'm telling you the majority of the league smokes.
    and I totally believe that, but you pulled the number 90% out of nowhere but your...behind. And in terms of our players, you simply don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    the NBA hasn't ever tested for pot.
    not true.

and I totally believe that, but you pulled the number 90% out of nowhere but your...behind. And in terms of our players, you simply don't know.
    i apologize for being colloquial. you are correct; 90% is my own assertion. and in terms of our players, you simply would't know what i know and don't know.

i apologize for being colloquial. you are correct; 90% is my own assertion. and in terms of our players, you simply would't know what i know and don't know.
    Do you know anymore or less than what we do here? Lol

...ok...I am just going to be blunt. Regardless of whether everyone does it and whether the league tests or not and whether it actually affects performance on the court or not, Beasley sucks for this team. He lacks the focus to contribute consistently, he lacks what we need from the sf position and what we want on our team(defense, outside shooting, team mentality, good work ethic, etc etc), he doesn't bring any intangibles to the table besides being able to go off for 40 at the expense of the rest of the team offense, and he can actually negatively affect our team as a distraction off the court as well as straight up on the court (as he has proven time and time again). There is literally no argument to be made besides lets give him another chance because he has "potential", none of what I have said can be refuted besides blindly picking "stats", no one is buying on Beasley.

This thread needs to be buried in the dump with the rest of the Beasley threads (there were a couple these past few weeks), this argument has gone about as far as it can go
    Last edited by jgman; 07-09-2014 at 01:37 AM.

i know this: people on this board say they wouldn't sign michael beasley because he smokes pot. if we disqualified all the players in the league that smoke, we wouldn't be able to assemble a very good 12 person team. i mean look at durant, he's the mvp and hes posted a selfie of himself blazing

whether the league tests or not and whether it actually affects performance on the court or not, Beasley sucks for this team. he lacks what we need from the sf position (defense, outside shooting, team mentality, good work ethic)
    you and dell agree. theres 0% chance we get beasley or blatche or any player like that because dell always says "we don't sign boneheads." my argument is that its unfortunate, because we are a small market team that will need to take high risk moves to have a chance in the west. its also unfortunate for monty because he needs to make the playoffs to keep his job

you and dell agree. theres 0% chance we get beasley or blatche or any player like that because dell always says "we don't sign boneheads." my argument is that its unfortunate, because we are a small market team that will need to take high risk moves to have a chance in the west. its also unfortunate for monty because he needs to make the playoffs to keep his job
    I mean I agree we do have to make risky moves because we are a small market. But I don't think it is unfortunate that we aren't taking a chance on a player like blatche, or worse beasley, because that is a smart move, there is nothing besides someone's gut feeling and a 6 year old college highlight reel that says beasley could help us get in the playoffs. Paying 44$mil for tyreke, trading 2 1sts for holiday and another for Asik, those are risky moves but calculated ones, ones where you know the bottom line of what you are getting is not actually that low. those are risks but still steps in the right direction. I strongly disagree that we need to take chances on players like beasley to make the playoffs, that is a step in the wrong direction.

yea actually the thought of

Jrue Holiday
    Tyreke Evans
    hope to goodness serviceable 3
    Anthony Davis
    Asik

may be worth a couple 1st round picks. every real fan has got to be so anxious at this point though. I'm going nuts waiting for something to happen

...ok...I am just going to be blunt. Regardless of whether everyone does it and whether the league tests or not and whether it actually affects performance on the court or not, Beasley sucks for this team. He lacks the focus to contribute consistently, he lacks what we need from the sf position and what we want on our team(defense, outside shooting, team mentality, good work ethic, etc etc), he doesn't bring any intangibles to the table besides being able to go off for 40 at the expense of the rest of the team offense, and he can actually negatively affect our team as a distraction off the court as well as straight up on the court (as he has proven time and time again). There is literally no argument to be made besides lets give him another chance because he has "potential", none of what I have said can be refuted besides blindly picking "stats", no one is buying on Beasley.

This thread needs to be buried in the dump with the rest of the Beasley threads (there were a couple these past few weeks), this argument has gone about as far as it can go
    You called me out for not backing my arguments up with stats and then go on this tirade where you make numerous claims and back it up with absolutely nothing.

Also, I disagree with the notion that just because you don't like a suggestion or idea means that it should be moved to the dump. That is absurd.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
    You called me out for not backing my arguments up with stats and then go on this tirade where you make numerous claims and back it up with absolutely nothing.

Also, I disagree with the notion that just because you don't like a suggestion or idea means that it should be moved to the dump. That is absurd.
    What's absurd is that anybody thinks Michael Beasley can help a 34 win team turn things around.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    What's absurd is that anybody thinks Michael Beasley can help a 34 win team turn things around.
    I don't think he alone could turn it around. I think he could help us at SF and would be better than the trash we were throwing out last year. Other things like the acquisition on Asik and some better luck with help are going to also help the turn around.

are you serious? I've already provided numerous pieces as to why he is a bad 3pt shooter, why he is a bad defender, and why he is bad mentally, I don't have to repost all my argument every time I comment....we went through this argument at least 5 times already. You can't be serious

I don't think he alone could turn it around. I think he could help us at SF and would be better than the trash we were throwing out last year. Other things like the acquisition on Asik and some better luck with help are going to also help the turn around.
    you call our SF's trash when Beasley is worse...smh

you call our SF's trash when Beasley is worse...smh
    No examples or proof again. At least try and follow your own advice.

Thread Information