Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we go after Michael Beasley?

Eric Gordon also has negative statistics and you have suggested teams trade for him to have the pleasure of paying him 15 million a year.

Quote Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
    Eric Gordon also has negative statistics and you have suggested teams trade for him to have the pleasure of paying him 15 million a year.
    what does this have to do with us signing Beasley
    never assume

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    Let's just agree with him. We have tried to help. Its pointless
    @mcnamara247

It shows hypocrisy. It's why I thought you people had some issue with Beasley.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I will admit it....I didn't really try to help, the last 8ish page thread on Beasley was enough for me

I will admit it....I didn't really try to help, the last 8ish page thread on Beasley was enough for me
    Yeah, you repeat the same things over and over again and provide nothing to the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Talking down to others and acting as if you are superior is insulting and not helpful at all.

Talking down to others and acting as if you are superior is insulting and not helpful at all.
    My knowledge on this matter is clearly superior to yours, as it is to my own when I was your age. As I said before, we all start off somewhere and owe a great deal to older, wiser folks who helped teach us the game.

But you have to be open to it. I gave you a lot of information, which you did not respond to at all or responded to by diverting the conversation elsewhere.

I would have no problem helping you become more informed, and that was my intention. But you do not seem open to that, so we must move on. If you change your mind, let me know. Always willing to help.

You call people Morons every other post

It shows hypocrisy. It's why I thought you people had some issue with Beasley.
    This is the last thing I will say to you about Beasley that won't be a joke, if you actually read some of our responses, not just in this thread and in the last Beasley thread you started, you would understand why some of us had a problem with Beasley. It has nothing to with "hypocrisy" (which you are misusing), personal vendetta, or anything like that. Most people here, and in the USA, believe he is not a good professional basketball player, on the court or off. Many people have given EVIDENCE to support their OPINIONS, such as reports, articles, STATISTICS, pertaining to Beasley. You have done none of the above, but instead respond in ways like this:
    It shows hypocrisy. It's why I thought you people had some issue with Beasley
    which in no way make your argument better or ours any worse. No one is attacking you, you are just refusing to participate in any type of real discussion besides saying things like he plays offense, we need offense, which have no depth or validity because you don't support these claims with any evidence. If you read one of our arguments, say MM's on how he decreases team offensive ratings on every team he has been on, and actually responded to it in the manner of well no he doesn't AND here is why, then people would respect your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    You call people Morons every other post
    False. The word moron has not been spoken by me in this thread until now.

You ask others questions. They answer and ask you one back. You ignore them and go on a tangent. You think everyone is out to get you. Damn, man. Up your posting quality.

Why do you think Beasley and Aminu are similar? You said Beasley is just like Aminu, but a better shooter. Do you have anything to show that Beasley is a better rebounder or defender? [Aminu's main competition for rebounding SFs is Shawn Marion. That's it.]

On side note:

When do Melo and James have until to make a decision?
    Is it the 10th?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    On side note:

When do Melo and James have until to make a decision?
    Is it the 10th?
    whenever it is, it isn't soon enough

Beasley's stats were 8.4 points and 3.4 rebounds in 16 minutes a night. He averaged career highs in block percentage, total rebound percentage, defensive rebound percentage, true shooting percentage and win shares per 48 minutes. If that doesn't show a player who is improving and could help the Pels SF position IDK what does.

Beasley is attempting 30 percent of his shots from within three feet of the basket, a career high, and is taking just 20.5 percent of his attempts from between 16 feet and the three-point line, a career low—more good shots, fewer bad ones: pretty simple—and effective—calculus. So Beasley is now even bettering his shot selection. You asked for facts, I'm giving them. Still waiting for these great basketball minds to counter my points.

Beasley's stats were 8.4 points and 3.4 rebounds in 16 minutes a night. He averaged career highs in block percentage, total rebound percentage, defensive rebound percentage, true shooting percentage and win shares per 48 minutes. If that doesn't show a player who is improving and could help the Pels SF position IDK what does.
    Idk if he improved in Miami because he got so little time, but yea I would agree in the time he got he definitely didn't play poorly. I just think me and most other people will say that it isn't enough. We don't really need a rebounding SF, that's what aminu is. I'm still skeptical of his defense, and though he had an ok year in terms of TS%, his career TS% is very similar to Aminu's: .508 to .505. His 3pt%'s are a little below average, but he has never even average making 1 per game, it just isn't in his game.

What do you see from his defense?

Beasley is attempting 30 percent of his shots from within three feet of the basket, a career high, and is taking just 20.5 percent of his attempts from between 16 feet and the three-point line, a career low—more good shots, fewer bad ones: pretty simple—and effective—calculus. So Beasley is now even bettering his shot selection. You asked for facts, I'm giving them. Still waiting for these great basketball minds to counter my points.
    That is good progress, he still takes way too many from 16ft-3pt line, it is his second most common shot by far over his career.

That is good progress, he still takes way too many from 16ft-3pt line, it is his second most common shot by far over his career.
    I think it shows he is improving and bettering his game. I don't think he will be an all star or anything but he can contribute to this team. To act like he is a cancer, and that Southerland would be a better option is blasphemous IMO.

Beasley also showed flashes of greatness with Heat

Take his performance on Feb. 12 against the Golden State Warriors. In a 111-110 win on the road, Beasley poured in 16 points on 7-of-11 shooting in 24 minutes of very good work.

On March 4 at the Houston Rockets, with LeBron James off his game, Beasley dropped a season-high 24 points and hit a three-pointer—one of four he would hit on the evening—with 21.2 seconds left to cut the Houston lead to a possession in the eventual loss.

I think it shows he is improving and bettering his game. I don't think he will be an all star or anything but he can contribute to this team. To act like he is a cancer, and that Southerland would be a better option is blasphemous IMO.
    I mean thats fine. yea southerland would be fairly useless, but if you look at Beasley's past, he has hurt some teams more than he has helped them, he has been called a cancer before and even Lebron got annoyed at his focus this past year, so he can be a distraction even for people like Lebron. He definitely has talent, but I wouldn't think he is a good fit for us and our young team. We don't have the vets that would keep him in line like in Miami.

Beasley also showed flashes of greatness with Heat

Take his performance on Feb. 12 against the Golden State Warriors. In a 111-110 win on the road, Beasley poured in 16 points on 7-of-11 shooting in 24 minutes of very good work.

On March 4 at the Houston Rockets, with LeBron James off his game, Beasley dropped a season-high 24 points and hit a three-pointer—one of four he would hit on the evening—with 21.2 seconds left to cut the Houston lead to a possession in the eventual loss.
    Sorry but that is just one game. Kwame Brown had a 24-11 game against the Heat one time. Anyone who gets to the NBA has talent, but to do that consistently, not just once in awhile but every week and every game, is the problem, and he hasn't done that.

At the mid point of the season, Beasley was out playing Bosh.
    Beasley and Bosh's Per-36 Numbers
    Bosh 18.3 Pts 7.3 rbs 0.9 assists .524 FG% .438 3 pt FG%
    Beasley 23.1 Pts 7.9 rbs 1.1 assists .547 FG% 529 3pt FG%

Don't you love how everyone ran away when the numbers/facts started coming out? I think it shows a lot that you were the only one who stayed and backed up your **** talking.

At the mid point of the season, Beasley was out playing Bosh.
    Beasley and Bosh's Per-36 Numbers
    Bosh 18.3 Pts 7.3 rbs 0.9 assists .524 FG% .438 3 pt FG%
    Beasley 23.1 Pts 7.9 rbs 1.1 assists .547 FG% 529 3pt FG%
    That looks nice but it isn't the story. If I told you withey played about 5 minutes a game for half the season and averaged 3-4pts, 2-3rbs, and maybe 1blk, his per36 would be around 24pts, 17rbs and 7blks.

Thread Information