Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we go after Michael Beasley?

Quote Originally Posted by jsl05 View Post
    How in the world is signing Beasley even a consideration?
    You can think of Beasley as a more talented version of Aminu who can shoot. Perfect for what we need and should come cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
    You can think of Beasley as a more talented version of Aminu who can shoot. Perfect for what we need and should come cheap.
    This is why people think you are trolling. There is nothing accurate here outside of 'should come cheap.'

In what ways are their games even close to similar?

You want people to stop thinking you are a troll, come with solid stuff.
    @mcnamara247

What other options do we have at SF? Some other minimum contract guys, Aminu? Yeah, those guys are far superior to Beasley.

What is the general consensus of what we want from our new 3? to have a good, reliable outside/3pt shot? Not Beasley. Good off the ball? Not Beasley. Good individual and team defender? Not Beasley. Positive veteran presence and leadership? Not Beasley. Cheap? Beasley (gee I wonder why).

TO THE DUMP WITH YOU
    never assume

You don't think Beasley is more talented and as shown to be better than Aminu? Color me surprised of Aminu ever gets 6 mil per.

What other options do we have at SF? Some other minimum contract guys, Aminu? Yeah, those guys are far superior to Beasley.
    But you said to think of Beasley as a more talented Aminu with the ability to shoot.

I said that their games are in no ways similar, then you typed up something that has nothing to do with what I said. You said that you want people to stop name calling and have a discussion. Fine. I put out facts about Beasley and his negative impact on the court. I said Aminu and Beasley's games are in no way similar.

So, let's discuss. Show us all your brilliant basketball mind and earn the boards respect.

Good ball handling skills. Has a very good offensive skill set. Not the greatest defender but he can be pesky and get in people's way. Offense is what we need at this point. We already have good defense on the Pels.

Good ball handling skills. Has a very good offensive skill set. Not the greatest defender but he can be pesky and get in people's way. Offense is what we need at this point. We already have good defense on the Pels.
    flat out wrong, 19th in the league in points allowed per game is not a good defense

Gee, you don't have a very good memory. In the other post you said its Beasely vs other options like we have all stars waiting in the wings to sign with the Pels.

Did We not just acquire one of the best defensive centers in the league?

You have any data or evidence to back this up?

How do you explain his teams consistently being far worse when he is on the court than off? Not just in Miami, but everywhere?

Does it really matter if you have a good skill set if you hurt your team more than you help it? Over his career, his teams are 4.3 points per 100 possessions better with him off the court than on. That is a 10,000+ minute data set.

So, response to that?

Beasley was also a capable part of a Championship contender's rotation. I think he is good enough to get a spot on the Pels.

Did We not just acquire one of the best defensive centers in the league?
    so all our problems are solved I guess. we have two players in the backcourt who will dominate the ball and a front court player who our offense will run through, where does Beasley fit into this offense? Show me how his "good offensive skill set" will fit, show me he can off ball, or that he has a good/consistent outside shot. PLEASE make an argument

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You have any data or evidence to back this up?

How do you explain his teams consistently being far worse when he is on the court than off? Not just in Miami, but everywhere?

Does it really matter if you have a good skill set if you hurt your team more than you help it? Over his career, his teams are 4.3 points per 100 possessions better with him off the court than on. That is a 10,000+ minute data set.

So, response to that?
    Those numbers are obviously skewed since most of the time he was off the court this past season, Lebron was on. Take out the Heat season and you might have an argument.

Beasley was also a capable part of a Championship contender's rotation. I think he is good enough to get a spot on the Pels.
    wrong, he was not in the rotation what-so-ever. he player in 4 post season games and an average of 5.8mins in those games

Wait what? Wasn't he benched? Lol

Those numbers are obviously skewed since most of the time he was off the court this past season, Lebron was on. Take out the Heat season and you might have an argument.
    WAIT, are you saying that if you take out the Heat season he looks good? THAT IS SO WRONG THIS IS WHY PEOPLE THINK YOU ARE A TROLL

Um. He played just over 800 minutes this season. 800 out of a 10,000 minute sample size.

You think the board is being unfair to you, but I am personally trying to help. It is obvious that you are pretty young and not that up on the nuances of the game. Which is fine. We all start there.

But take a look at how reasoned arguments are made (above). You are going to have to debate differently than you do with your friends to be able to thrive on this board. Hasty generalizations and personally observations are not enough.

You can get there, but you got to want to learn. If you already think you know it all, it will be hard to grow. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    WAIT, are you saying that if you take out the Heat season he looks good? THAT IS SO WRONG THIS IS WHY PEOPLE THINK YOU ARE A TROLL
    If you are saying having Lebron on the court is not going to skew those statistics, you are wrong.

If you are saying having Lebron on the court is not going to skew those statistics, you are wrong.
    explain to me how "having lebron" for one season in which he only played 800minutes skews his CAREER numbers. Don't say anything else, just address how having lebron skews these numbers. Do this.

I was actually being nice. WAY worse in past seasons.

Year before in PHX, team was -7.1 with him on the court. Big negative in Minny too.

C'mon man. You got smart people here you can learn from. Stop being so stubborn.

Good article on Beasley's impact with Heat. Really proved himself. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...t-playoff-push
    Last edited by studentofthegam; 07-06-2014 at 11:40 PM.

Thread Information