Rudy Gay
    Kyle Singler
    Gerald Green
    Jeff Green
    Tobias Harris
    Damarre Carroll
    Thad Young
    Jared Dudley

Very small chance MKG could be on their too.

Humm, MKG ehh? I wouldn't mind a Rivers for MKG, but wish we could package EG with it somehow. They don't have a lot of $$ to return. Can we take on the dead money(amnesty of Thomas deal)?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    ...could also be that over the past 2 days (via McNamara and others) the Pelicans are trying to dial back some of the talk that their players are readily available. If you've got a deal for Gordon or Rivers on the table, and teams are trying to low ball you or get you to take back something else you don't want because they believe you HAVE TO get a deal done, it would make since for you to start putting it out there that you're perfectly comfortable keeping Gordon and Rivers and getting your Asik deal done by other means...

Basically, we're where we've always been. Anything can happen.
    The optimist in me agrees. From the BSS post it sounds like they talked to someone in the organization. I don't usually believe in smoke screen stuff but...I don't know. I just want Gordo gone.

So im confused.
    Is there a way to keep the core 4, Gordon, Morrow, Smith as well as add Asik and still have the MLE?

MM,

Is this a rumor or did this come from the horses mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Don't know how they get anyone better than Asik. Problem is that casual fans don't appreciate defense, so I don't know if it will have desired PR effect, but once the team starts winning on the court, tickets will be bought.
    You're right. I'd read someone say last year that the reason nobody would move on Asik was that he was due max level money this year and "you can't market him." LOL at teams that do business like this. Winning teams sell.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Humm, MKG ehh? I wouldn't mind a Rivers for MKG, but wish we could package EG with it somehow. They don't have a lot of $$ to return. Can we take on the dead money(amnesty of Thomas deal)?
    I dont think CHA has given up on MKG yet. Mark Price has been putting in alot of time working on his jumper
    SIGN A SF

Kawhi and Jimmy Butler are the ideals

Followed by :

Wilson Chandler
    Rudy Gay
    Kyle Singler
    Geral Green
    Jeff Green
    Tobias Harris
    Damarre Carroll
    Thad Young
    Jared Dudley

Very small chance MKG could be on their too.
    I'd run after Carroll, but thinking Atlanta keeps.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    So im confused.
    Is there a way to keep the core 4, Gordon, Morrow, Smith as well as add Asik and still have the MLE?
    Trade Rivers, or sign and trade Aminu (along with unguaranteed deals) gets it done.

please no Gay and Chandler can't stay healthy

1-6

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    What's wrong with Gay? When we played Sac-Town, I even said that he'd would be a great fit for this team, except for that contract and not shooting for a good percentage from 3pt land, I suppose.

If Reke has to start at SF. He should be a point SF on 40% of all possessions.......make the opposing SF chase him.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    What's wrong with Gay? When we played Sac-Town, I even said that he'd would be a great fit for this team, except for that contract and not shooting for a good percentage from 3pt land, I suppose.
    I'm curious what his next contract will be like. I think he could be a good fit here at the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    If Reke has to start at SF. He should be a point SF on 40% of all possessions.......make the opposing SF chase him.....
    It's not the offensive side that presents the problem. Jrue, Reke, and Gordon's skill sets fit fine over there. It is that Monty does not want Tyreke defending SF's. Couple that with the fact that Gordon is one of the smallest SG's and it is an issue, especially with the system we run.
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Gay is exactly the kinda 3 you'd want. Only...a bit better a shooter. But nobody's perfect. If a guy is AMAZING on offense, odds are he doesn't play any D or is just terrible at it. And vice versa. But if a guy is great on offense and defense, he's probably a passive type that would rather defer than eat an enemy's larynx. Or he's great at everything on offense except shooting from deep or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Gay is a really good player. Guys often get much worse rap as player because of their respective contracts. Gay would be great for this team at about 12-13M's per. The problem is he'll likely get more than that. I expect Gay to have a big year next year.

undoubtedly. it would put jrue and gordon on the wings who shoot better and make players not accustomed to playing on ball do so.

he would basically just be guarding SF's

but it isn't going to happen. more moves will be made, just not in a time frame to appease those of us biting at the bit

It's not the offensive side that presents the problem. Jrue, Reke, and Gordon's skill sets fit fine over there. It is that Monty does not want Tyreke defending SF's. Couple that with the fact that Gordon is one of the smallest SG's and it is an issue, especially with the system we run.
    .......Do you think EG's ego would allow him to come off the bench ?

Does he have a choice in the matter? whats he going to do, pout some more? If Monty wants him on the bench, that's what he's going to do

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    Does he have a choice in the matter? whats he going to do, pout some more? If Monty wants him on the bench, that's what he's going to do
    Not really that simple if you believe Monty's and Dell's jobs are directly tied to this years outcome. If Gordon becomes a lockerroom cancer we could be in for a long season as it'll not only hurt his trade value(not sure it could get worse), but hurt the team chemistry.

I don't think he would come off the bench with Asik as the starter.

Reke and Ryno are best off together. Gordon would start, so luckily we won't have to worry about how much his pouting would hurt the locker room

Is Paul pierce washed up? Curious your take.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Is Paul pierce washed up? Curious your take.
    Its a difficult question to answer.

Is he a washed up version of 'in his prime' Pierce? Yes. But 65% of 2005 Paul Pierce is better than 80% of the small forwards in this league. So, is he past his prime? Yes, but he is still a top 15 SF in this league

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Not really that simple if you believe Monty's and Dell's jobs are directly tied to this years outcome. If Gordon becomes a lockerroom cancer we could be in for a long season as it'll not only hurt his trade value(not sure it could get worse), but hurt the team chemistry.
    I guess I think people already see him as damaged goods. But I really don't see Gordon as someone who has leverage to do anything at this point.

I dont know how many times I've said that Tyreke and Ryan Anderson are a good pair and is probably best for the TEAM for them to come off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    I guess I think people already see him as damaged goods. But I really don't see Gordon as someone who has leverage to do anything at this point.
    The fact that he is owed 30 million gives him tons of leverage. He knows that his employer wants to get production for that money. So, he can easily say, "You want to get optimum production from me, then keep me happy."

Look, I don't think he is a terrible guy. He sacrificed quite a bit last year and I think he will again. But it just isn't a great basketball fit at this point. He is a much better player than someone like Morrow, but Morrow would be a better fit. We need a catch and shoot guy, not a dribble 8 times then jack a jumper or lose it off your leg guy.

Thread Information