Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Doing the Asik Trade WITHOUT moving a core piece

I can't imagine that is accurate. But who knows. If it is, then that gives Dell some much needed time. Just don't see why Rockets would agree to that. But if they did, gotta give props to Dell for the foresight.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I can't imagine that is accurate. But who knows. If it is, then that gives Dell some much needed time. Just don't see why Rockets would agree to that. But if they did, gotta give props to Dell for the foresight.
    Maybe it was part of the reason he only protected it top 3 on the high end? I could see a scenario where Dell both them to agree to allowing a 3team, giving him added time, and the money to be able to only top 3 protect it.

In the end, we'll have to see when it gets filed.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Yeah, it did change. So, this would mean no more Withey or Babbitt.

Personally, I would rather they attach Ajinca than Withey. Or, the dream scenario (other than moving Gordon) is that they find a team that wants two of our free agents. All they would need to do is sign and trade those guys for a total of 4.4 mil or more, add Ely to Houston and we keep everybody, plus our Bird Rights, MLE, BAE, etc.

I just wonder how much Lebron and Melo are holding things up with talks. It would suck if they don't announce until the 9th or 10th. Ideally, we turn in the Asik trade after a couple of moves, but what if the league is at a standstill on the 10th still and the Rockets demand we submit the trade?

Lebron and Melo need to decide today or tomorrow or it might really handcuff Dell
    That's what I was trying to get at with the s&t part.

Thread Information