Pelicans Report

Thread: Can we obtain James Ennis?

Can we obtain James Ennis?

A miami heat SF thats flying under the radar big time, i think he has allstar potential if he works hard.
    Basically this guy played in Australia (my country) for a year and absolutely dominated, you can say he is about as athletic as Aminu, with a three point shot (made 7 threes in a summer league game today, in 24 minutes) and has decent handles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3Ekxfz83O0

His 24 so his not too young, and his defense and rebounding is very underrated!

Is it possible that we could somehow obtain him from the heat once he signs.

He’s better than Ingles and Beasley.
    The problem is until we know what will happen with the team it’s hard to say what SF will be needed.
    If we have to keep Gordon and don’t trade either Anderson or Rivers then I think that James Ennis would be perfect to compete against Miller & Southerland for the backup 3 spot.

Would love to get him, like u said hes like aminu with a 3, perfect for this team.

He won a championship with my hometown team the Perth Wildcats back in April.

Had some of the best dunks I've ever seen.

Needs to improve his handles but is crazy athletic, a decent shooter and loves the big moment.

I may have some photos of him and I on my phone.

Can't find a ton of info on him. Seems he only started playing BB at a high level his junior year of college. Before that he was track and field. To me that sounds like a guy who has more potential for growth than the normal 24 year old player.

Still, I know next to nothing about him. Read some of his twitter posts. Seems a decent guy. Wish him the best.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I wonder if he's related Tyler Ennis in anyway.

The NBL could make anyone look like a superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    1:38 wow
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    1:38 wow
    Was that supposed to be an actual...shot attempt? It's like he got briefly possessed by the ghost of Julian Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    holy ****

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Was that supposed to be an actual...shot attempt? It's like he got briefly possessed by the ghost of Julian Wright.
    lol i dont know man but did you see the recovery?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    holy ****
    Not to be a downer, but literally nothing on that entire tape shows anything that related to winning NBA basketball. Frankly, it stands for the opposite because the reach around the back steals don't fly in the NBA (see James Harden). Fun to watch, but a lot of guys in the league can do that stuff with subpar competition.

He isn't Australian at all, he is a Californian (northern Mexican). I thought his name looked familiar when I read his bio saying he played at LBS. Dude was a baller back in college, but I wonder how his game has grown since 2 years ago.

I say bring him in via trade and let him battler Ingles, Pringles, and Tucker for the SF spot.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    lol i dont know man but did you see the recovery?
    That Julian Wright as well. He'd do something that'll have you scratchin' your head then turn around and do something absolutely insane athletically. But I doubt this guy's head is in rapping or whatever.

Lotta very talented guys on our SL squad. And one common thread I'm seeing is a lot of athleticism, particularly at guys who would play on the wing. So going afte this guy off the Heat would be interesting.

But...he's still property of the Heat...

Dunks
    All dunks

Quote Originally Posted by FLYINGPELICANS View Post
    Dunks
    All dunks
    True.

He also a monster on the glass, but not uncommon for him to grab 2 or 3 offensive boards in a row, he has a big motor.

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    i like the jones kid from orlando on our summer league team better, as far as having a high flyer backup 3
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

Thread Information