Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Showing Interest In Joe Ingles Again

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

Pelicans Showing Interest In Joe Ingles Again

https://twitter.com/WhirlwindNBA/sta...56415574605824

If anyone remembers we were interested in bringing him over last offseason as well.

not very credible of a source

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Ayon, Ajinca, Babbitt. It fits Dells MO, at least.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Any good?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Also what happened to that Greek dude that caused the Wikipedia Uproar of 2013?

Can someone tell me a little about this guy? From what I've read, he's a 6' 8" forward with good ball handling abilities, but I haven't seen much else.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Ingles was a monster for Australia in the Olympics. I like his game a lot.

I completely forgot about this guy!

Judging by how we might have to make Asik fit, he could be perfect.

I'd give him the RLE if we lose all our Bird's rights and MLE/BiAnnual.

Here's an article by BSS from last year talking about him

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...a-perfect-fit/

When you realize that we don't have a ton of cap. When you recognize this guy is 26, he has been lighting it up in Europe for years, he showed he could hang in 2012. He really makes a lot of sense for our gaping hole at SF. Dell showed he has an ability to scout Europe and this guy just plain fits.

I wanted Damien Ingles, but I'd be super happy with Joe. He could be a PJ Tucker type of signing. Not saying they are similar players. Just meaning a guy who has worked hard and proved himself in Europe. Is entering his prime and could be had cheap but can make a great impact.

Here is an article from March about teams having interest in him.

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2014/3...-atlanta-hawks

Seems the major thing he wants is PT. More perfect fit?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I thought of this possibilty before and now it seems like it could be true, in the Asik trade we got 1.5 mil, anyone thinks that could be possibly used to sign ingles/buy him out if needed?
    Last edited by wuggie; 07-05-2014 at 12:56 PM.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    I thought of this possibilty before and now it seems like it could be true, in the Asik trade we got 1.5 mil, anyone thinks that could be possibly used to sign ingles/buy him out if needed?
    Won't need it if I'm not mistaken. From what I read his contract has an NBA out clause.

Something to remember is last year Memphis tried to bring him over, he turned them down. I'm not sure if that was because of PT or money. Could have possibly been because it was a SL offer or had no guarantee. I can't find what his contract amount last year was, but his previous one was 2yr/6m (total). Maybe an Ajinca type deal with 2 years guaranteed would be enough for him. That'd be great since it's basically vet min. Anything more would take us using BiAnnual or RLE on him.

Still, I'd love to give him a shot. He seems like a low usage guy but one that can shoot and play good defense.

Loved this guy in the Olympics. Against the USA, he posted a pretty crazy 19-8-6-3-1 statline (6/8 shooting, 2/4 from 3, 1 turnover) and looked like he belonged on the court athletically. He's a crafty ballhandler, a gifted passer, and has elevated his 3 point shooting to NBA levels (~40% last two seasons in Euroleague). I can't speak to his defense; he's reportedly okay. His stats in Euroleague play are decidedly less impressive although he was a part of a championship team this year; his athletic numbers aren't great.

I'm on board. I came away more impressed with Ingles than I was with Patty Mills in the last olympics, FWIW (Mills did a LOT of chucking, looking back at the stats.)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Won't need it if I'm not mistaken. From what I read his contract has an NBA out clause.

Something to remember is last year Memphis tried to bring him over, he turned them down. I'm not sure if that was because of PT or money. Could have possibly been because it was a SL offer or had no guarantee. I can't find what his contract amount last year was, but his previous one was 2yr/6m (total). Maybe an Ajinca type deal with 2 years guaranteed would be enough for him. That'd be great since it's basically vet min. Anything more would take us using BiAnnual or RLE on him.

Still, I'd love to give him a shot. He seems like a low usage guy but one that can shoot and play good defense.
    Awesome and thanks, was wondering about that. And I'm officially on the #InglestoNOLA train lol he can't be worse than any other sf FA out there.

Mills is still a chucker, lol. It's weird looking at Ingles stats for this last season he started off great.

Through the first 10 games he averaged 10pts, 5rbs, 4ast. On 52% shooting from 2pt, 46% from 3pt, and 85% from FT. While averaging just over 32 minutes a game. He also averaged 4 attempts from 3pt per game during this stretch.

Then for some reason he minutes dropped off the face of the earth and he finished with 5.5pts, 2.3rbs, 3.1ast in 20 minutes a game.

Once he got to the playoffs he basically barely touched the court. I have no idea why. Maybe someone more familiar with Euroleague can shed some light on him.

It really looks like when he got minutes he produced.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 07-05-2014 at 02:24 PM. Reason: yes

I asked about him a couple weeks ago... dude is nice (over there). His game translates well into the NBA, but if you can shoot they'll fins a spot for you.

He's going to be 27 in a couple of months. He needs to decide if he wants to come to the NBA pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Awesome and thanks, was wondering about that. And I'm officially on the #InglestoNOLA train lol he can't be worse than any other sf FA out there.
    I think when you are looking at that price range there's a very good argument that could be made for him. If he could be had for a vet min I'd love to have him to back up a PJ Tucker level SF.

I guess the biggest issue we just have no idea what range of SF we can target until the shoe drops (or if we might even trade for one). Makes these few days until the 10 really hard.

Edit: watching that video makes me sad. Euroleague is so much more physical than NBA. Nearly every drive would have been an "and 1" in the NBA. I want to go back to the 90s. Lol
    Last edited by Mythrol; 07-05-2014 at 02:33 PM. Reason: yes

He would fit. He shot 42% from 3 this season and 39% the season before, after shooting miserably his first two seasons. Although I think the Euro 3 is considerably closer than the NBA 3. He's also a solid defender. We could bring him in along with a Brandon Rush type guy and have them compete for minutes.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    What's the big deal? Is he even good? NBA good, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    What's the big deal? Is he even good? NBA good, I mean.
    Well, we don't know. He's shown he can play in Euro league. He played extremely well in the Olympics, even against USA. He has a solid shot and appears to have decent handles too. Other teams have been interested in him and Memphis tried to bring him over last year - so there must be something to his game.

It's basically a dead period and we enjoy talking all rumors. Lol. I guess what makes him interesting is his has a rep for being good on defense but also has a good shot and assists. For cheap is he worth a shot? I think we could do worse.

He should be interested because he wants playing time and with 0 small forwards he will get plenty.

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    He should be interested because he wants playing time and with 0 small forwards he will get plenty.
    Might as well take shot at him, given what we have on the roster right now...

He would start IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

Isn't he riding the pine for his team (looking at the Wiki depth chart)?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information