Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Still After Greg Monroe? {merged}

Rumor Pelicans Still After Greg Monroe? {merged}

Is it possible that Asik is the third big? Of that we're willing to do it if Gordon is included? Or that Asik is flipped? Thoughts?

I'd rather keep Ryno

I seriously doubt it unless its a S&T for someone else. Plus, honestly I wouldn't give up Ryno unless we can get rid of Gordon in the deal! He's to valuable to the team.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If the Blazers want Monroe so bad, we could work something out in our favor.

And the ESPN trade machine's done lost its mind, so it all checks out in there too.

Championship!

Truth be told, I'd give up Ryan Anderson for Monroe, if it lets us dump Gordon. We'd have a glut of bigs, but when has that ever been a bad thing?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I'd give up Ryno for Monroe, IF we didn't already trade for Asik. This makes no sense.

Yeah this has to be a three team deal because trading for Monroe at this point makes zero sense.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I'd give up Ryno for Monroe, IF we didn't already trade for Asik. This makes no sense.
    Maybe Asik trade was contingent on Gordon getting traded and we didn't do it.?

Since we finally have a true 5, I'd rather ryno than Monroe on a near max deal since he doesn't bring much more, if anything more, defensively than asik does.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Maybe Asik trade was contingent on Gordon getting traded and we didn't do it.?
    It'd leave too much of a black eye if either team backed out of that deal now. I'm acting as if it's a done deal

Playing devils advocate...Monroe would be the only C on the roster who can score consistently. Would it be impossible to see Asik as simply an asset should they trade for Monroe? The author of the tweet posted it today, not two weeks ago, or even before draft night.

Ryno seems like he's better than Monroe for balancing out Asik/AD. If we are still after Monroe for Ryno it has to be as part of a 3 team deal.

I don't think there is any truth to this whatsoever. MAYBE we are involved in a multi-team deal that sends Monroe elsewhere, but we aren't involved in getting Monroe.

Way too much money tied up in bigs that won't be able to get the minutes, and you'd have Asik pretty damn disgruntled. Just no truth to this at all. Monroe isn't coming here.

Isn't the author a Milwaukee Bucks writer?

If it's a 3 teamer, where we send Detriot Ryno, and Monroe get's shipped elsewhere, what are we getting?

Has been discussed BUT not agreed upon...move on.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    I'll post it here too, but this was my idea in the other thread.
    "Pistons get Anderson, Blazers get Monroe, We get Batum. Other pieces may have to be involved to make it work though."

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    http://ripcityproject.com/2014/07/01...s-free-agency/
    In this article, it indicates the Blazers may be fine with trading Batum and I know SVG loves Ryan Anderson. Just a proposal that I made up, but it makes some sense for all teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Writhe View Post
    Since we finally have a true 5, I'd rather ryno than Monroe on a near max deal since he doesn't bring much more, if anything more, defensively than asik does.
    But do we really have a true 5?

Hmmm
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    "Pistons get Anderson, Blazers get Monroe, We get Batum. Other pieces may have to be involved to make it work though."
    I would be ok with this and it makes sense for all involved

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    But do we really have a true 5?

Hmmm
    Asik sure ain't a 3.

I'm not understanding this, but you never know. Maybe Asik just finishes his last year of his contract here then moves on or is moved at the deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Asik sure ain't a 3.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    I can dig that...

Thread Information