Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Andray Blatche telling people he may end up with Pellies

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    This aggravates me about fans.... Let's have hope... What the point of being a fan if you just gonna put the team down.... So what what the west is stack...if you don't like it go start a petition to go move this team to the East... What's a fan with no hope this team is definitely a playoff team... You are looking at other teams we are just as talented maybe even more....look at how we match up against other teams now that we have a center...
    Why should a fan be some sort of irrational cheerleader and why should we all tow some line of extreme optimism? I like sports but I don't try and fool myself into thinking that everything is going to be rainbows and sunshine. I'm not gonna irrationally overvalue an acquisition or not be a critical thinker about our personnel moves.

I'm optimistic but realistically so. Asik can potentially be a great asset to us but we still have a conference that is stacked and a coach I have diminishing faith in. Let's not forget that we aren't the only team trying to get better. Most of the playoff teams are poised to make moves that will strengthen them. Some of which already have.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 07-01-2014 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Why should a fan be some sort of irrational cheerleader and why should we all tow some line of extreme optimism? I like sports but I don't try and fool myself into thinking that everything is going to be rainbows and sunshine. I'm not gonna irrationally overvalue an acquisition or not be a critical thinker about our personnel moves.

I'm optimistic but realistically so. Asik can potentially be a great asset to us but we still have a conference that is stacked and a coach I have diminishing faith in. Let's not forget that we aren't the only team trying to get better. Most of the playoff teams are poised to make moves that will strengthen them. Some of which already have.
    Dont have to act like its sunshine a rainbow... But have you ever step back and look at the team... we are full of potential... And are right now better then some of the teams in the west... You can't deny that we aren't in the 7-8 seed in the west... If anything I thinks ppl are sleeping on us if anything
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Just curious, I was paying particular attention to Davis a few years back for he was on my fantasy team.

The dude had turned the corner with the Raptors.

In fact, his last month there he averaged 13.9 ppg and 8.1 rebrpg shooting 55%

He gets traded to the Grizzlies and understandably becomes a back-up from then on. But isn't he coveted as much as a Blatche?

Given one has a C next to his name as opposed to a PF, but Davis has always been a better rebounder.

Heck, even more-so with Jordan Hill. the dude averaged 16.6 and 10.1 the last month of the season and 15 and 9.7 the month before. both high percentages and neither month did he get 30 minutes per game.

I know everyone here has noticed his play. Yet both of these guys are behind Blatche in most FA rankings I see. What gives?

I mean, wouldn't Jordan Hill be a better signing than Blatche? Ed Davis wouldn't be much different to me either.

I understand Blatche is stronger, but it doesn't translate to rebounding.

just wondering what yal thought

I'd love to see some type of blockbuster 3 team trade like this after Melo & Lebron go elsewhere:

Pelicans: Omer Asik, Chandler Parsons(via S&T), & Kevin Martin

Rockets: Kevin Love

T-wolves: Eric Gordon & Ryan Anderson

I would hate to help Houston get Love, but adding a starting center and small forward of that caliber would take this team to the next level for sure.

We get to keep our 2015 first rounder in the process and then we sign Blatche to the MLE to roll out this lineup:

C: Asik, Ajinca, Withey
    PF: AD, Blatche, Young
    SF: Parsons, Miller, Babbitt
    SG: Reke, Martin
    PG: Jrue, Rivers, Smith

I would hate to get rid of Ryno, but if it could help us get rid of Gordon and add Parsons, Asik, & Martin with keeping our pick I would be all for it!!

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeWhoDat View Post
    I'd love to see some type of blockbuster 3 team trade like this after Melo & Lebron go elsewhere:

Pelicans: Omer Asik, Chandler Parsons(via S&T), & Kevin Martin

Rockets: Kevin Love

T-wolves: Eric Gordon & Ryan Anderson

I would hate to help Houston get Love, but adding a starting center and small forward of that caliber would take this team to the next level for sure.

We get to keep our 2015 first rounder in the process and then we sign Blatche to the MLE to roll out this lineup:

C: Asik, Ajinca, Withey
    PF: AD, Blatche, Young
    SF: Parsons, Miller, Babbitt
    SG: Reke, Martin
    PG: Jrue, Rivers, Smith

I would hate to get rid of Ryno, but if it could help us get rid of Gordon and add Parsons, Asik, & Martin with keeping our pick I would be all for it!!
    it doesn't match
    Martin (7)+Parsons (~12)+Asik(8,3) is more than RA & EG (23,4)
    add to this cap holds and other stuff
    mission impossible

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Dont have to act like its sunshine a rainbow... But have you ever step back and look at the team... we are full of potential... And are right now better then some of the teams in the west... You can't deny that we aren't in the 7-8 seed in the west... If anything I thinks ppl are sleeping on us if anything
    I can't deny we aren't at least a 7-8 seed? Meaning you think we are a at least a 6 seed. Thats pretty bold. LAC, Oklahoma, SAS, Houston, GSW, and Portland are all pretty much locks - barring injury - from making the playoffs. Dallas, Memphis, and Phoenix are going to be in the mix.

FA has just begun so any concrete proclamations would be foolish and premature but given our cap situation we aren't grabbing a Parson's to fill the SF role.

In a best casse scenario I see 5-6 as pushing it. More likely then not, given our team hasn't played together much given injuries, our coach is middle of the road at best and our competition is made up of strong veterans and young teams that have played a full season or more together with playoff experience, we are looking at realistically the 7-8 seed. not to mention teams like Phoenix and GS are poised to make some major moves this offseason. GS may very well have Kevin Love on their roster, Dallas just added Chandler and if they don't get Melo will probably land Parsons. We have loads of potential but that doesn't just realize itself immediately. There will be growing pains. There will be chemistry needing to grow. Monty has proven notoriously slow at adjusting his lineups properly over a season. All of these issues are factors needing to be taken into consideration IMO. I hope we can be a 6+ seed but I think more realistically we are in the mix for the last 2 spots and a first round exit. And I wouldn't be shocked if we narrowly miss the playoffs either.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 07-01-2014 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    it doesn't match
    Martin (7)+Parsons (~12)+Asik(8,3) is more than RA & EG (23,4)
    add to this cap holds and other stuff
    mission impossible
    That works. ~$23M going out. ~$27M coming in.

$23M x 125% = 28.75M

Completely legal trade. I just have no idea why Minnesota gives up Kevin Love for Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon. Maybe the 2015 1st Rounder is also routed to the Timberwolves.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q83
    Associate Editor for The Bird Writes, the SBNation New Orleans Pelicans site.

It doesn't matter if it's legal. Minny will never do that trade. That is so lopsided for the Pels. I don't think people look at their trades after they type it out.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I like Blatche and I wanted us to go after him all off-season. With the Asik trade though....this makes NO sense. Not buying it.

In that trade, the wolves would want Parsons. Think about it strictly from the Pels side: we get rid of Anderson and Gordon and get Asik, Martin, AND Parsons? No team would let us get away with that.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Seems that one pattern that propogates this board is everyone assumes other GMs never make trades that make no sense from our standpoint. And real trades that actually are agreed upon are often the exact kind that people say "They wold never agree to that."

i mean salaries matches but where is cap space? we do not have 27,3 left without only EG and RA
    and also where are cap holds

I do understand 125% rule

Blatche being added would possible mean a trade...i would see him as a 3rd option but based on our bigs he would be 4th (assuming Jason Smith is gone)

So we wilil have to wait and see but its been reported a few times that we reached out to him and there is mutual interest....
    The Only way to get ahead is to get started.....What you waiting for!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Blatche upgrades Smitty. So, I'm down.

Blatche's instagram account was hacked pet Sheridan Hoops. He is listed as the 22nd best free agent

I can't deny we aren't at least a 7-8 seed? Meaning you think we are a at least a 6 seed. Thats pretty bold. LAC, Oklahoma, SAS, Houston, GSW, and Portland are all pretty much locks - barring injury - from making the playoffs. Dallas, Memphis, and Phoenix are going to be in the mix.

FA has just begun so any concrete proclamations would be foolish and premature but given our cap situation we aren't grabbing a Parson's to fill the SF role.

In a best casse scenario I see 5-6 as pushing it. More likely then not, given our team hasn't played together much given injuries, our coach is middle of the road at best and our competition is made up of strong veterans and young teams that have played a full season or more together with playoff experience, we are looking at realistically the 7-8 seed. not to mention teams like Phoenix and GS are poised to make some major moves this offseason. GS may very well have Kevin Love on their roster, Dallas just added Chandler and if they don't get Melo will probably land Parsons. We have loads of potential but that doesn't just realize itself immediately. There will be growing pains. There will be chemistry needing to grow. Monty has proven notoriously slow at adjusting his lineups properly over a season. All of these issues are factors needing to be taken into consideration IMO. I hope we can be a 6+ seed but I think more realistically we are in the mix for the last 2 spots and a first round exit. And I wouldn't be shocked if we narrowly miss the playoffs either.

after watching portland get dismantled by S.A. I don't see them and some others as being much better than us
    d lillard > jrue
    wesley mathews < tyreke
    batum > SF
    aldridge << davis
    lopez = asik

I think Davis' development has us passing them

Houston will be reliant on jacking up three's again, and their BIG man cant hit FT's in the clutch

By next year I think Davis will be too much for GSW too.

dont forget----We have the second best player in basketball next year.

(Don't use Durant to refute that, cause when the chips are down, Westbrook is the elite specimen for his position that carries the team- nevertheless they are still better than us---- if they pass it)

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    No idea who this is + first time I've seen it reported...

APOLOGIZE FOR LACK OF CREDIBLE SOURCE:

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    after watching portland get dismantled by S.A. I don't see them and some others as being much better than us
    d lillard > jrue
    wesley mathews < tyreke
    batum > SF
    aldridge << davis
    lopez = asik

Houston will be reliant on jacking up three's again, and their BIG man cant hit FT's in the clutch

(Don't use Durant to refute that, cause when the chips are down, Westbrook is the elite specimen for his position that carries the team- nevertheless they are still better than us---- if they pass it)
    I'd pump the brakes on Lillard>Jrue.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400489329

I'm sorry but aldridge << davis, no, just no. I love davis but aldridge for most of the season was probably the best 4 in the game, he had a monster year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    I'm sorry but aldridge << davis, no, just no. I love davis but aldridge for most of the season was probably the best 4 in the game, he had a monster year.
    Agreed. At this stage, Aldridge is the better player.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

d lillard > jrue
    wesley mathews < tyreke
    batum > SF
    aldridge << davis
    lopez = asik

Westbrook is not the superior player to Durant. Westbrook just hogs the ball the most, especially in the closing moments. And they play for a coach that's offensive philosophy seems to be, "here Westbrook, go play street ball and make sure durant gets some shots in between you playing ******* ball. Don't really worry about the rest of the team."

Durant has had some ridiculously clutch moments though, and in Westbrooks abscence had his best stretch of games in his career. Durant honestly needs a Rondo or Paul type pass first PG IMO. A guy that isn't looking to try and get his before anyone else especially when the best shooter in the league is your teammate and is too nice to call a teammate out.

As for us vs Portland I could see that argument however they have played together for a whole season and won a playoff series together while we are basically where we were last year, in the getting to know you phase. When it comes to an 82 game season Portland can hit the ground running while we will be having to work to develop our team identity and chemistry. But I could see us finishing better then Portland if they slip up a bit this season.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 07-01-2014 at 11:42 AM.

d lillard > jrue
    wesley mathews < tyreke
    batum > SF
    aldridge << davis
    lopez = asik

The problem with this theory is Lillard and Lopez are awful defenders and can't guard a pic n roll to save their life. So SA just pnr them to death but Jrue and Asik are actually great pick n roll defenders

1-6

I don't see how Portland is better than us. Sorry

Westbrook is not the superior player to Durant. Westbrook just hogs the ball the most, especially in the closing moments. And they play for a coach that's offensive philosophy seems to be, "here Westbrook, go play street ball and make sure durant gets some shots in between you playing ******* ball. Don't really worry about the rest of the team."

Durant has had some ridiculously clutch moments though, and in Westbrooks abscence had his best stretch of games in his career. Durant honestly needs a Rondo or Paul type pass first PG IMO. A guy that isn't looking to try and get his before anyone else especially when the best shooter in the league is your teammate and is too nice to call a teammate out.

As for us vs Portland I could see that argument however they have played together for a whole season and won a playoff series together while we are basically where we were last year, in the getting to know you phase. When it comes to an 82 game season Portland can hit the ground running while we will be having to work to develop our team identity and chemistry. But I could see us finishing better then Portland if they slip up a bit this season.
    After the playoffs I honestly think that is Westbrook's team...

Thread Information