Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Andray Blatche telling people he may end up with Pellies

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Sadly, I believe this.

And this is what we have come to.

Everyone, go to bed. Relax and wake up tomorrow fresh. There will still be to significant Pels news then either. Gonna take a little bit.
    Seems to me that the value of some will increase as others may no longer be available.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    What's your track record if I may ask.

In the scenario that we sign him and keep Ryno, how would the minutes for the bigs look? Highly doubt this will happen, but i would have loved to have him if we didn't have Omer
    Welcome to be here

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    asks only had 1 good season and is due 14 mil. blatche has double asks career stats and will cost only about 7 mil
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutWithoutClout View Post
    this would be great. i actually would prefer for him to suit up at 5 instead of asik for us...way cheaper and he's a better player
    Blatche is definitely not a better play than Asik. Not even close. Asik is one of the best rebounders in the league

I'm not buying into anything until I hear it from McNamara

Quote Originally Posted by AD4LIFE View Post
    Blatche is definitely not a better play than Asik. Not even close. Asik is one of the best rebounders in the league
    ...I agree..smells like bs....

Quote Originally Posted by AD4LIFE View Post
    According to what?

here's his career rebound totals:
    year 1 - 306
    year 2 - 350
    year 3 - 956 (11.7 per game)
    year 4 - 378

is that worth absorbing 14 mil from a division rival who will use the cap space to outpace us?

really hope this is not the case

According to what?

year 1 - 306
    year 2 - 350
    year 4 - 378

is that worth absorbing 14 mil from a division rival who will use the cap space to outpace us?
    He is an excellent rebounder, his cap hit isnt 14 million. He helps the team tremendously.
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

According to what?

year 1 - 306
    year 2 - 350
    year 4 - 378

Ok if you have enough time to pull that up would you mind putting ups blatches
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Isn't Asik only going to count 8mil toward the cap??

If so why are people arguing as if his entire 14mil is what we will be filling our cap space up with?

According to what?

year 1 - 306
    year 2 - 350
    year 4 - 378

According to what? he averaged pretty much 12 rebounds per game over 82 games..
    I dont understand how people think blatche is better, we don't need offense at our front court.. we need defense and rebounding and big bodies and thats exactly what Asik brings.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    thx, didn't see that

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    According to what? he averaged pretty much 12 rebounds per game over 82 games..
    I dont understand how people think blatche is better, we don't need offense at our front court.. we need defense and rebounding and big bodies and thats exactly what Asik brings.
    i agree hes an upgrade, i just worry we're paying too high of a price (1st rd pick and 8 mil)

This all assumption but I like Asik because he is a man that has something to prove. He was handed a big contract as a reward for his great play and then was pushed away because of the Howard acquisition. He clearly has a huge chip on his shoulder based on his recent behavior and has shown to have elite rebounding and defensive capabilities. That's a potent combination to have on your side.

Blatche strikes me as having questionable maturity and wants to be more on the offensive side then he is and isn't going to play defense nearly as well as Asik and that's what we need with Ryno and Davis.

i agree hes an upgrade, i just worry we're paying too high of a price (1st rd pick and 8 mil)
    What else are we going to spend it on? i think any double double machine is worth 8mil atleast, plus the first round pick is protected.

If so why are people arguing as if his entire 14mil is what we will be filling our cap space up with?
    ...exactly. all nba owners are rich.....

According to what?

year 1 - 306
    year 2 - 350
    year 4 - 378

Year 1 he played 12 mins per game,
    Year 2 he played 14 mins per game,
    Year 3 when he started and played 30mins per game he averaged 12rpg
    ,Then year 4 he played 20 mins per game.
    Last edited by jhow0036; 07-01-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    plus the first round pick is protected.
    you see, thats why i come to this site. I'm getting pumped

The first rounder worried me too. Especially how it is rumored to be crafted. That is my big hesitation.

I made the argument before and of course was piled on but I think we will struggle to make the playoffs even in a best case scenario. The west is ridiculously stacked and barring injuries teams like the Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Rockets, Mavericks and Warriors are basically playoff shoe-ins. Phoenix, Memphis and Portland both have a stronger case based on chemistry, experience, health and history to make it over us too.

I fear a lot of people on this board and Demps are underrating our competition far too much and once again we may just give up another potential asset that could damage us long term.

This would make no sense whatsoever. It did before we picked up asik, but now?

The first rounder worried me too. Especially how it is rumored to be crafted. That is my big hesitation.

I made the argument before and of course was piled on but I think we will struggle to make the playoffs even in a best case scenario. The west is ridiculously stacked and barring injuries teams like the Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Rockets, Mavericks and Warriors are basically playoff shoe-ins. Phoenix, Memphis and Portland both have a stronger case based on chemistry, experience, health and history to make it over us too.

I fear a lot of people on this board and Demps are underrating our competition far too much and once again we may just give up another potential asset that could damage us long term.
    This aggravates me about fans.... Let's have hope... What the point of being a fan if you just gonna put the team down.... So what what the west is stack...if you don't like it go start a petition to go move this team to the East... What's a fan with no hope this team is definitely a playoff team... You are looking at other teams we are just as talented maybe even more....look at how we match up against other teams now that we have a center...

@JohnReid64: Unless something changed,a league source said 10 days ago the Pelicans won't pursue signing Andray Blatche in free agency.

Thread Information