Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
Not sure why Ryno is THAT untouchable. He's a supreme luxury that can help put a contending team over the hump. And he's a very fun player, to be true. But notice I said a contending team. His presence along won't do it. He just doesn't make a big enough defensive impact, the way Kevin Love can. Rebounding is the final part of defense, after all, and we know Ryno isn't a great onball guy. He's smart enough to contribute in rotations. But that's barely enough.

I don't wanna see Ryno traded for scraps or just for the sake of making a move. But the notion often gets dismissed offhand.

To me, thats because I think (and most probably do) that we can just dump Rivers. So, if we move Ryno instead, the guy we get back has to be pretty close in talent to Ryno, because if we are honest, Rivers isn't a big time chip.

Lets say Ryno for Matt Barnes is on the table. If we take that trade, we are essentially trading Ryno for Barnes and Rivers - which none of us would do in a million years. If we move Ryno, the return has to be a player that is pretty close in value, otherwise, why not just dump Rivers?