Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Al Farouq Aminu

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It's been 3 years. Enough with how young he is. Time for a change.

And...interestingly, his Wiki page says he's a Houston Rocket...
    LOL. When did you start changing Wiki pages Eman? I thought you were joking, but it does say that.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I can't wait for the end of next season so that I can repost this about Rivers.
    Aminu just wrapped up his 4th season...

So you have to wait 2 more seasons, to be fair. Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Aminu just wrapped up his 4th season...

So you have to wait 2 more seasons, to be fair. Just sayin...
    touché
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Than gordon?

And aminu was elite as far as rebounding went...but yeah, it's all the rest that was severely lacking
    I don't know if this is sarcasm or not, but I believe he is talking about Evans.

And, yeah, no SF are even close to rebounding as well as Aminu except for Shawn Marion.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    touché
    Besides, Rivers is actually showing promise and improvement. Incremental improvement, but it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Besides, Rivers is actually showing promise and improvement. Incremental improvement, but it's there.
    I'll play along. Aminu has shown incremental improvements as well and he has at least one above average talent whereas Rivers has none. How do we determine which players to give up on and which ones not to give up on? Also, when you're as bad as Rivers was in year one, any improvement is going to be made a big deal of. He went from awful to bad but at least its an improvement. Right?

Just playing devil's advocate. It's the offseason

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Rivers time will come soon. The thing you hold out for is he leap. When he makes the rise to being not just better, but significantly better.

As the team that drafted, his leash is longer. Besides, Rivers is a smarter player than Aminu. Aminu does things that just make no sense at times. "Brain neutral" was a favorite phrase of mine in game threads.

With Rivers, the bulk of his problems are how much he misses shots or the specific kinda shots he takes. Not where or when he shoots, but how. Missing layups, FTs, those aggrovating floaters off two feet. More likely that gets fixed than Aminu's issues.

anyway to get Crowder off them?
    never assume

I'll play along. Aminu has shown incremental improvements as well and he has at least one above average talent whereas Rivers has none. How do we determine which players to give up on and which ones not to give up on? Also, when you're as bad as Rivers was in year one, any improvement is going to be made a big deal of. He went from awful to bad but at least its an improvement. Right?

Just playing devil's advocate. It's the offseason
    River's handles are elite. His spot up shooting could be considered that as well. He lead our entire team in spot up shooting %, even though we had snipers like Ryno and. Morrow on the team.

Thread Information