Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Al Farouq Aminu

Al Farouq Aminu

1. Wanted to see his name on one more thread before he's gone. He's still only 23 years old and Id hate for all the time we spent developing him to benefit someone else

2. Despite he being the apotheosis of what we don't need in a starting SF, I do think he would be a solid back-up to AD
    For some reason when teams are constructed around certain type of athletes, similar athletes have success when
    filling in for them. For instance, back-up PG's , who are pure PG's, look great behind Paul cause his teams are
    constructed with catch-n-shoot types and alley-oopers.

ya think we can get him for 3 or under? Or will he be over-paid by someone

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's been 3 years. Enough with how young he is. Time for a change.

And...interestingly, his Wiki page says he's a Houston Rocket...

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

...... wth haha

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar

Wait, was he included in the Asik trade?

Its obvious OP is Farouq

Not a 3

I think the biggest problem w/ Al-Farouq is that we played him out of position. I think he has much more potential in this league as a small ball 4, an energy guy off the bench who can get out in transition, jump passing lanes, rebound the crap out of the ball and finish on dump offs and put backs. Offensive spacing wouldn't be as much of an issue with him if you surround him w/ shooters at the 3 and in the backcourt and don't him playing outside the paint.

Just my opinion. I'd like to see him back at a low price IF Monty played him like that, but I don't think Monty is interested in playing him like that. He would fit in great w/ CP3 and the Clippers. Maybe we can swing a sign and trade for Dudley or something like that.

His Basketball IQ hasn't improved along with his jump shot. I wish him well

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I just want to apotheosis for this comment, but lolwut

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    1. Wanted to see his name on one more thread before he's gone. He's still only 23 years old and Id hate for all the time we spent developing him to benefit someone else

2. Despite he being the apotheosis of what we don't need in a starting SF, I do think he would be a solid back-up to AD
    For some reason when teams are constructed around certain type of athletes, similar athletes have success when
    filling in for them. For instance, back-up PG's , who are pure PG's, look great behind Paul cause his teams are
    constructed with catch-n-shoot types and alley-oopers.

ya think we can get him for 3 or under? Or will he be over-paid by someone
    I just apotheosized from this post.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    And I agree. I've said since we traded for him that he's at this best closer to the rim. If he had the capability, should've seen how much he can bulk up, get stronger and play primiarly in the blocks. But we keep having him sit outside and try to hit 3s, and he's totally unsuited for hitting 3s when the games start.

I hear nothing but how good a shooter he is in practice and pregame...but something in him just causes it to go out the window. There was even a brief period where he was shooting like 88% from the FT. It wasn't just a 5 game run, it was like a two month long stretch.

Like with Gordon, probably best for all parties to go separate ways.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    This was the apotheosis moment of my day, We'll nevar know your troof potential, Aminer

I've seen Tony Parker 6'2 guard Aminu 6'9 and made him a non factor and at that moment all ties with caring about him on this team were cut.

And I agree. I've said since we traded for him that he's at this best closer to the rim. If he had the capability, should've seen how much he can bulk up, get stronger and play primiarly in the blocks. But we keep having him sit outside and try to hit 3s, and he's totally unsuited for hitting 3s when the games start.

I hear nothing but how good a shooter he is in practice and pregame...but something in him just causes it to go out the window. There was even a brief period where he was shooting like 88% from the FT. It wasn't just a 5 game run, it was like a two month long stretch.

Like with Gordon, probably best for all parties to go separate ways.
    Y so srs

I'm just so sick of Aminu. Just gotta go.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I've seen Tony Parker 6'2 guard Aminu 6'9 and made him a non factor and at that moment all ties with caring about him on this team were cut.
    Nothing to do with your post, but it just reminded me that JJ Barea was able to guard LeBron in the post (for very few possessions) during that Finals series. Granted, that is probably what got James to actually learn how to play in the post so that embarrassment didn't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I just apotheosized from this post.

I'm ancient.... and I've never had the chance to use that word. just never seen a sentence where apotheosis so dang.. perfect.

It's true, when Ryno isn't in the game and tyreke and jrue are------ Aminu is the perfect example of what we don't need

jrue
    tyreke
    (ture shooter)
    AD
    asik

But in defense of Aminu I will predict that he is far from done and will not go off into basketball obscurity with the other players that this was their only real stint playing in the league or their last such as

julian wright
    mo pete
    hilton armstrong
    cedric simmons
    ect.

I'm going to side with Monty Williams on this one. Aminu is/was worth developing. He will be good. But we can't have him on our squad anymore especially at SF.

If you put Patrick Young in the corner I could make him a non-factor too lol. I think Aminu should fit in with a team like the Warriors

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I've been ready to part ways with AFA for a while now. Tons of potential, never fully developed. Yes he's only 23, but you have to show something more than just rebounding after 4 years in the NBA.

Aminu has higher field goal, 3fg, true shooting percentages than our shooting guard.

He was maybe an above average rebounder...thats it....lets let it go... if he comes back for the minimum sure...we can use him....happy?
    The Only way to get ahead is to get started.....What you waiting for!

Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    Aminu has higher field goal, 3fg, true shooting percentages than our shooting guard.
    Than gordon?

And aminu was elite as far as rebounding went...but yeah, it's all the rest that was severely lacking

Well, at least I learned a new word today... LOL

I can't wait for the end of next season so that I can repost this about Rivers.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Thread Information