Pelicans Report

Thread: Would You?

Question Would You?

Would you trade Ryan Anderson to Houston in a sign and trade for SF Chandler Parsons? Asked Amin Elhassan of ESPN and he said that he would, as long as we re-signed Jason Smith. Thoughts?

In a heartbeat. But ask some Rockets fans. Guarantee they wouldn't even consider it
    @mcnamara247

That's a really good question. You'd have to take in the fact that Parsons would probably costs more than Anderson, wouldn't you think?
    Follow me on Twitter: @WeAreSX2

If we're able to offload some contracts (by say sign and trading Aminu and Roberts), we might be able to clear the space required. Great article on Bourbon Street Shots, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A View Post
    If we're able to offload some contracts (by say sign and trading Aminu and Roberts), we might be able to clear the space required. Great article on Bourbon Street Shots, by the way.
    I'm really confused as usual. Why would we have to S&T players like Animu, Roberts etc. are they not UFA? Do UFA still count against the cap somehow? I thought the whole point of not offering Roberts and others was so that their $$ comes off the books....

Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    I'm really confused as usual. Why would we have to S&T players like Animu, Roberts etc. are they not UFA? Do UFA still count against the cap somehow? I thought the whole point of not offering Roberts and others was so that their $$ comes off the books....
    They have cap holds, which remain on the books until the player goes elsewhere or they are renounced.

If you like this stuff, and as you say often get confused, I would strongly suggest studying the CBA. Makes this type of year way more fun and way less confusing.

How would this work salary wise? Parsons is likely looking at an 8 figure deal somewhere near 12M's per. What kind of cap space would we have to build any kind of bench? If we sign and trade we keep or MLE right, but is that enough to basically fund an entire 2nd unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A View Post
    Would you trade Ryan Anderson to Houston in a sign and trade for SF Chandler Parsons? Asked Amin Elhassan of ESPN and he said that he would, as long as we re-signed Jason Smith. Thoughts?
    Only player out there that's available I would trade Anderson for if we had to.

Thanks.

I would no hesitation
    SIGN A SF

Thread Information