Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Predict the Big Move

Burn that idea with fire. Phx can go pound sand if they are only giving up that for Ryno AND we still have to give up Rivers. They take our trash if that's what they offer and we keep Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    And you clearly don't understand averages. Sometimes Asik will play more, sometimes Ryno will.
    I can't wait for us to start winning so we can leave this kind of exchange behind at Pels report. When we're done making moves we'll all rooting for the same team here, I think.

Predict the Big Move

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Burn that idea with fire. Phx can go pound sand if they are only giving up that for Ryno AND we still have to give up Rivers. They take our trash if that's what they offer and we keep Rivers.
    Daniels is better than Rivers at this point right? Just look at what we get in return. A playoff team and plenty of space to sign our starting SF next year( assuming Gordon kicks rocks or is traded), Evans moves back to guard next year, and G. Green is our sixth man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sleeper; 07-10-2014 at 08:12 PM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Daniels is better than Rivers at this point right? Just look at what we get in return. A playoff team and plenty of space to sign our starting SF next year( assuming Gordon kicks rocks or is traded), Evans moves back to guard next year, and G. Green is our sixth man.

Most of what you suggested is handled by Gordon leaving, not trading Ryno. Green is WAY too much of a crapshoot at this point to dump Ryno for him. Daniels possibly being better than Rivers is irrelevant, it's jot enough back for Ryno.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    DeJuan Blair? Not really feeling him. I like my bigs to have ACLs.
    Haha well i just thought of Blair because of how he played in the playoffs for Dallas. I read the Mavericks can only offer him the minimum, so he will probably come cheap unless the Spurs want him back. There are tons of backup PFs available so not an issue. We might be able to get the assets i listed without trading Anderson depending on who Houston and Phoenix are targeting to sign and how much cap space they have to shed.

Predict the Big Move

Most of what you suggested is handled by Gordon leaving, not trading Ryno. Green is WAY too much of a crapshoot at this point to dump Ryno for him. Daniels possibly being better than Rivers is irrelevant, it's jot enough back for Ryno.
    Obviously in a perfect world we can keep Ryno and fill our holes. I like Ryno but you Ryno fans are really underestimating his injuries. It isn't a sure thing getting rid of Ryno. It's a gamble. Either his injuries don't effect his play or he becomes less of a player he was. If i were a gambling man, i would sell high. His contract is very good compared to the recent signings but that's what also makes it such an asset to fill our holes.

Additionally, IMO Green will make the better sixth man. Maybe not the better player but player off the bench. It's all subjective though. We don't know how Anderson is going to play after his recovery and how Green would develop under Monty.

Last edited by Sleeper; 07-10-2014 at 08:41 PM. Reason: add

Daniels is a better shooter than Rivers. That's it. Idk how you came to that conclusion on a guy who played what 10 nba games?

Obviously in a perfect world we can keep Ryno and fill our holes. I like Ryno but you Ryno fans are really underestimating his injuries. It isn't a sure thing getting rid of Ryno. It's a gamble. Either his injuries don't effect his play or he becomes less of a player he was. If i were a gambling man, i would sell high. His contract is very good compared to the recent signings but that's what also makes it such an asset to fill our holes.

Additionally, IMO Green will make the better sixth man. Maybe not the better player but player off the bench. It's all subjective though. We don't know how Anderson is going to play after his recovery and how Green would develop under Monty.

I don't consider getting Green and Daniels back as "selling high". It sounds pretty low to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Daniels is a better shooter than Rivers. That's it. Idk how you came to that conclusion on a guy who played what 10 nba games?
    He's still done more than Rivers in a playoff game none less. Only reason i included Rivers in the deal is because Houston will need a backup PG after getting rid of Lin. Fill another player in the trade like Ely's expiring if you wish. I'm just using my imagination.

He's still done more than Rivers in a playoff game none less. Only reason i included Rivers in the deal is because Houston will need a backup PG after getting rid of Lin. Fill another player in the trade like Ely's expiring if you wish. I'm just using my imagination.

Well I'm not for just throwing a young player away, just because our division rival has a need. Are we in the business of building a championship team for Houston?

I don't consider getting Green and Daniels back as "selling high". It sounds pretty low to me.
    I don't think Ryno was considered as the player as some of you guys think ,around the league , until this offseason has unfolded. However, i think he is a great asset now. We need to be smart with moving him if we do and i can see how you think that is selling low. Look at the bigger picture though, as of now we have no starter to man the 3 other than Reke. I think it is possible but i cannot imagine giving a lot of minutes to Reke at the 3 and wasting all of his strengths.

Benson is on the record for saying he wants to win an NBA championship before he dies and we won't get there soon with such a gaping hole and thin bench. We can get to the playoffs without Anderson and target our final piece to get us over the hump next year.

I don't think Ryno was considered as the player as some of you guys think ,around the league , until this offseason has unfolded. However, i think he is a great asset now. We need to be smart with moving him if we do and i can see how you think that is selling low. Look at the bigger picture though, as of now we have no starter to man the 3 other than Reke. I think it is possible but i cannot imagine giving a lot of minutes to Reke at the 3 and wasting all of his strengths.

Benson is on the record for saying he wants to win an NBA championship before he dies and we won't get there soon with such a gaping hole and thin bench. We can get to the playoffs without Anderson and target our final piece to get us over the hump next year.

Doesn't mean you have to jump at the best trade right this second either. The NBA landscape changes very rapidly often. We're not pressed to move Anderson unless the right deal comes along; and by right deal I want to emphasize I don't mean the best deal we can get at the moment.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Predict the Big Move

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Doesn't mean you have to jump at the best trade right this second either. The NBA landscape changes very rapidly often. We're not pressed to move Anderson unless the right deal comes along; and by right deal I want to emphasize I don't mean the best deal we can get at the moment.
    Sorry man. I respect your opinion but you are completely forgetting his injuries. He could be the next Granger for all we know. Different positions and injuries i know but my point is it is a calculated risk. If Ryno had never had surgery on his back this year, i wouldn't be debating this with you. If i were Dell, i'd be very suspicious of what my medical staff tells me.

Last edited by Sleeper; 07-10-2014 at 09:55 PM. Reason: add

Sorry man. I respect your opinion but you are completely forgetting his injuries. He could be the next Granger for all we know. Different positions and injuries i know but my point is it is a calculated risk. If Ryno had never had surgery on his back next year, i wouldn't be debating this with you. If i were Dell, i'd be very suspicious of what my medical staff tells me.

I can't deny any of that, but that kind of goes with what I'm thinking in that IMO ryno will never be less valuable than he is right now (within reason), once he hits the court and starts nailing 3's again then is the time to strike IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I can't deny any of that, but that kind of goes with what I'm thinking in that IMO ryno will never be less valuable than he is right now (within reason), once he hits the court and starts nailing 3's again then is the time to strike IMO.
    Normally, i'd agree with you but seeing as much interest as he garnished this offseason, leads me to believe his interest can't get much higher. As soon as he is out for two weeks for back spasms his trade value goes way down.

We aren't winning anything next year. Doesn't make any sense to just give him away because someone makes an offer for him. People are trying to buy low on him because of the injury. Green won't push us over the top so it's not worth dumping Ryno because some aren't 100% how he will come back.

Normally, i'd agree with you but seeing as much interest as he garnished this offseason, leads me to believe his interest can't get much higher. As soon as he is out for two weeks for back spasms his trade value goes way down.

It's a risk but interest doesn't mean value. There's probably a lot of interest from people who want to buy low. I dunno guess we will see !

I'm curious how you know his interest is so high? He's coming off injury, I think teams are specifically interested because of trying to buy low on a great stretch 4.

Predict the Big Move

I'm curious how you know his interest is so high? He's coming off injury, I think teams are specifically interested because of trying to buy low on a great stretch 4.
    I'm going off all of the tweets of teams calling about Ryno until someone on the Pelicans staff finally set the rumors straight that he isn't on the market. That can mean many things but the most likely are either we are not trading him( which i'd be fine with) or we already have a verbal trade and waiting for the dominoes to fall or in other words wait for Houston determine if they need to add more non guaranteed contracts to sign Bosh.

Last edited by Sleeper; 07-10-2014 at 10:12 PM. Reason: add

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    And you clearly don't understand averages. Sometimes Asik will play more, sometimes Ryno will. It's called matchups. Stop being so obtuse and think about the real world scenarios. There is no rule or law that says if Ryno doesn't play 30 minutes every game that he is being misused or underutilized.
    If you read my post I specifically said there may be some games where Ryno could play 30min but that it wouldn't be all the time. Other posters said they couldn't see his average dipping below 30min but I think if Davis and Asik are both healthy then that is exactly what will happen.

For what it's worth I don't think there will be a "big move", I think Ryno will be here along with Gordon, Jrue, Evans, Davis and Asik. He's a good player and a good teammate I just don't see his skill set as a great fit on this roster, and would happily trade him for an above average starter at the small forward position.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    If you read my post I specifically said there may be some games where Ryno could play 30min but that it wouldn't be all the time. Other posters said they couldn't see his average dipping below 30min but I think if Davis and Asik are both healthy then that is exactly what will happen.

For what it's worth I don't think there will be a "big move", I think Ryno will be here along with Gordon, Jrue, Evans, Davis and Asik. He's a good player and a good teammate I just don't see his skill set as a great fit on this roster, and would happily trade him for an above average starter at the small forward position.
    My bad.

I'm going off all of the tweets of teams calling about Ryno until someone on the Pelicans staff finally set the rumors straight that he isn't on the market. That can mean many things but the most likely are either we are not trading him( which i'd be fine with) or we already have a verbal trade and waiting for the dominoes to fall or in other words wait for Houston determine if they need to add more non guaranteed contracts to sign Bosh.

When a team says their player isn't for trade, what they really mean is "You gotta come up with better offer than that."

Thread Information