Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict the Big Move

Predict the Big Move

Not a rumor thread, not a trade thread. This is for straight up bragging rights folks. Call the big move here before it happens. Winner gets a golf clap!

I am going Eric Gordon to Detroit. Can't decide if I like a 3 way with Sacto or straight up, so I am going to use Occam's razor and go with the simpler route.

Gordon and Ely to the Pistons for Jerebko and Datome. Pels then use trade exception to absorb Asik.

Whatcha got?
    @mcnamara247

Nothing big ever happens!! (Hopefully I jinx it)

I think the Gordon for Kevin Martin+ filler deal sounds fairly reasonable.

As for a more "out there" move, I'll say Anderson+ filler for the rights to Gordon Hayward. The Jazz desperately need a big who can stretch the floor with the hulking Kanter/Favors, and they see more value in an 8 million dollar Anderson than they do a 13+ million dollar Hayward.

Melo to the heatles. The big 4.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Parsons signs for MLE!

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    Melo to the heatles. The big 4.
    This is a Pelicans thread.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Parsons signs for MLE!
    Well, somebody wont be getting a golf clap

After listening to the podcast, I would not be against stretching EG.

How about a trade with Charlotte? We give them EG and all the Charlotte Hornets history (stats, records, etc. pre-NOLA) for anything. Some air Jordans, a top 55 protected pick, anything.

If I had to put up a guess that just has the best odds of happening, I have to go with Austin to the Bucks for a SF.

Pelicans sign a SF. ANTICIPATION IS GOING TO KILL ME TO SEE IF IM RIGHT

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Well, somebody wont be getting a golf clap
    Tbh, I just wanted to be the first to drop Parsons names and get you to debunk it. That way its over and done with and we can look at real scenarios haha

Melo to the pelicans for the MLE

Big move? Eh...realistic one? Can't say i can think of anything that's already been said

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Pels trade Gordon for Terrence Ross

's best friend DeMarr DeRozan.

Gordon to the Bobcats for Neal and Taylor.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

On the belief that Minny actually offered K.Mart, I'll go with Eric Gordon to the Wolves for K.Mart, Corey Brewer, and Glenn Robinson3.

Two Vets, both team guys. One a scorer and willing defender, and the other a defender, who has to at least be guarded.

And GR3, a talented prospect that we can develop. Hell, if this was "THE" deal, maybe we got a 2nd round pick as part of the trade, and Glenn Robinson3 was drafted for the Pels.

Also, there isn't a cap hold for a second round pick right, that means that GR3 wouldn't add to the incoming salary, so Asik is still good to go with this deal, right?

Well if we're gonna have to deal with the Timberwolves, this would be the deal i prefer, I rather another defender, who's also an energy guy, and who's a capable scorer to Buds if we're getting Kmart.
    Last edited by NemesisKING; 06-30-2014 at 10:10 AM.

I'll give a bonus move too. I can see a very realistic chance of us signing Jordan Hamilton. He checks the 3pt shooting box on a SF and will be dirt cheap. If we do have to lose our MLE, bird's rights, etc and need a starting SF with only the RLE, he's the guy.

The big move this offseason will be ... trading with Houston for Omer Asik for a weirdly protected 1st round pick. You heard it here first people.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Austin Rivers to the Celtics for Jeff Green. Not positive if that works, but if it doesn't then we'd sign and trade Al Farouq with Austin for Jeff Green. This either comes right before or right after an Eric Gordon trade, maybe similar to the one MM predicted.

Gordon to Charlotte for Henderson & Biyombo

Sign and trade with Suns for PJ Tucker.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Gordon to Charlotte for Henderson & Biyombo
    That's the package I almost went with. I think they are higher on Biyombo than most, plus he would sort of be 4m rotting on the bench. Charlotte, to me, is definitely a Gordon possibility nevertheless.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    Sign and trade with Suns for PJ Tucker.
    I also kinda think they find another small forward and we sign him straight up. Don't know what assets they'd want, but I think (hope) we sign him for the MLE...

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    I also kinda think they find another small forward and we sign him straight up. Don't know what assets they'd want, but I think (hope) we sign him for the MLE...
    Do you think Demps still has interest in G.Green?

Eric Gordon stays on the roster, and the Asik trade is worked out another way...via roll players being moved...
    The Only way to get ahead is to get started.....What you waiting for!

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I'm calling buyout/stretch this summer. The 2015 FA is shaping up to still be pretty nice. By stretching Gordon this summer we go into the trade deadline with some wiggle room to grab our figurative version of Rasheed Wallace.

Thread Information