Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 team trade with MIN, NOP, and GSW

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

3 team trade with MIN, NOP, and GSW

Has anyone heard of this trade? I spoke with someone today who mentioned this, and I saw on hoopshype a part of this trade but I'm not sure what I heard is true because there's nothing online to fully substantiate it.

Golden state sends to MIN: David Lee, Draymond Green, and a first round pick, NOP sends MIN Eric Gordon,
    MIN sends GSW Kevin Love
    MIN sends NOP Kevin Martin and Chase Budinger.

Would anyone be opposed to this deal? I'm not too crazy about it to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I hadn't heard that trade. I heard about this trade kinda of but with Klay Thompson and I didn't think it was realistic at all because why would they want Klay and Gordon? This makes a bit more sense.

Golden state should have to take back Bud not us. IMO

For the slaries to work we have to take back more...so that is why Bud has to come to us...
    The Only way to get ahead is to get started.....What you waiting for!

The KMart/Budinger for Gordon end of the deal is a rumor that possibly originated here as it was alleged inside info from a poster here. However, that doesn't need to be a 3 way to work financially. In fact it ties into a 3 way with the Asik deal just fine. The Golden State end of your rumor sounds very implausible. If Flip trades Love for that little, he'll do it at the deadline, not now.

GS crushes everyone in that deal. And if we were to do that, it would, we would have to add Houston as a 4th team to keep all our Bird Rights, MLE, BAE, etc. In fact, would just make more sense for GS and Minnu to do their deal and us, Hou, and Minny to do a 3 way
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    As I said in the other thread, this makes no sense for us. We trade the younger, better player AND take on salary. Replace Chase with an expiring and we're closer.

Kumar it's on hoopshype that GSW and MIN are trying to do and deal nothing about NOP. I spoke with someone this morning who says this is a possibility based on rumors online. He's an honest person but I can't find it online.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Budinger kinda sucks man

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Kumar it's on hoopshype that GSW and MIN are trying to do and deal nothing about NOP. I spoke with someone this morning who says this is a possibility based on rumors online. He's an honest person but I can't find it online.

So this is just the Love to GSW rumor that's been around for weeks, with the Gordon for Martin/Budinger from a few days ago rumor tacked on, and an honest person told you it makes sense?

I would think that Golden State would have to give up more than this but Idk how it would really unfold

sounds like you just combine two separate rumored deals that both involved minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    So this is just the Love to GSW rumor that's been around for weeks, with the Gordon for Martin/Budinger from a few days ago rumor tacked on, and an honest person told you it makes sense?
    I am not saying that I know this is true. I can't find it online. I wanted to see if this forum would know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    As I said in the other thread, this makes no sense for us. We trade the younger, better player AND take on salary. Replace Chase with an expiring and we're closer.
    Exactly Martin's deal is bad enough. Taking bad Bud contract makes the trade bad for us. It should be Martin and Mbah a Moute for Gordon.

Why would we want Moute? Dude is straight trash at SF and we have no place for him at PF.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Why would we want Moute? Dude is straight trash at SF and we have no place for him at PF.
    because an expiring is better than a deal with 2 years on it

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    because an expiring is better than a deal with 2 years on it
    Ahhhhh. That makes much more sense.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    What does being younger or better mean when you can't stay on the floor? Martin's deal is 7mil per year average. I'm sure you can see how that deal would be easier to move than Gordon can't you?

Also Martin is getting up there, who's to say he doesn't retire in the near future? To me it's a no brainier deal. Let's just say it's kmart and budiger (btw who is expiring next season, should be easy to move after this year) that is 11.7mil incoming salary. Gordon is 15mil outgoing. If you can move Bud next year, the deal has already become more beneficial than just getting Gordon off the team.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Budinger kinda sucks man
    I hear the dude like totally kicks arse in volley ball

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    I hear the dude like totally kicks arse in volley ball
    He does. My wife's brother was on his volleyball team in HS. My brother in law is 6'10 and refuses to play basketball because people always ask him to play and get upset when they realize he sucks. I don't understand how you can be tall and bad at basketball. All you need to do is be tall and not let people get in the lane. But my B-N-Law says the guy was a total goof, and fun to be around.

At any rate, I would welcome Chase and his white boy Justin Timberlake from NSYNC fro. His game isn't amazing, but his contract isn't horrible, and he can still get up top, and he can shoot the 3. With the proper system his 3pt shot would likely go up.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Also Martin is getting up there, who's to say he doesn't retire in the near future?
    Just about every other player in NBA history.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Just about every other player in NBA history.
    So no NBA player ever retires?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    So no NBA player ever retires?
    only when they're DED

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    only when they're DED
    Lol

Thread Information