Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Beasley the answer at SF?

Pelicans Is Beasley the answer at SF?

He seems to be playing very well in the finals. Has great scoring ability. He is an underrated player who hasn't got a lot of time since he plays on a good team. Should be cheap. Anyone watching the finals sees the great potential he has. IMO, he could be great given an opportunity. Maybe do a sign and trade with the Heat for Roberts? Thoughts?

He played his first minutes of the ENTIRE finals in a blow out game. No.

Could definitely be worth a shot. He can shoot, and has much more upside than alot of the other SFs we've been considering.

This is a joke thread, right?
    @mcnamara247

+1 would read again

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    This is a joke thread, right?
    No. Why would it be? Did you just watch the end of the finals? Guy is a beast. After doing some research into him, he sounds like the perfect SF for us.

Its gotta be a joke. I had a Twitter follower ask me, "How long until someone starts up a thread asking whether Beasley is the answer at SF?" like 5 mins before this thread.

Please, let it be a joke!

Banned
    His first thread is a thread asking if Michael Beasley is the answer at SF....it's pretty obvious it's not a joke. However, it is equally obvious that he is Michael Beasley.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    His first thread is a thread asking if Michael Beasley is the answer at SF....it's pretty obvious it's not a joke. However, it is equally obvious that he is Michael Beasley.
    Got it. I can see that, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    Could definitely be worth a shot. He can shoot, and has much more upside than alot of the other SFs we've been considering.
    upside? uh you are joking right?
    never assume

Beasley is what he is at this point. An inconsistent scorer who struggles to defend either forward spot.

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    upside? uh you are joking right?
    Just 25 years old. Fits perfectly into Demp's young vet approach.

Any SF we get isn't going to perfect. This is an under the radar type guy. Low risk, high reward.

Quote Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
    Just 25 years old. Fits perfectly into Demp's young vet approach.
    just 6 years into his nba, career lows in mins and on a min contract end of the bench depth because no one wanted him, nothing else to say

Any SF we get isn't going to perfect. This is an under the radar type guy. Low risk, high reward.
    i think you mean high risk high reward

ok I'm down now

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

And judging from your avy, I'm guessing you're a big fan of legs...

Worst possible fit. No.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Yikes. That's... Not a good idea. I mean this as nicely as possible: Were the finals the first basketball you've seen of Beas?
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    just 6 years into his nba, career lows in mins and on a min contract end of the bench depth because no one wanted him, nothing else to say
    6 years, 25 years old makes him a young vet. Career lows in minutes because he is backing up Lebron. Lebron plays a ton. How do you know no one else wanted with him? He probably signed for cheap with the Heat to go on a title run.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    6 years, 25 years old makes him a young vet. Career lows in minutes because he is backing up Lebron. Lebron plays a ton. How do you know no one else wanted with him? He probably signed for cheap with the Heat to go on a title run.
    The Suns paid him to go away. He's never contributed to a winning team and hes got the attitude of a snail.

Funny

This thread should have the "funny" sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    The Suns paid him to go away. He's never contributed to a winning team and hes got the attitude of a snail.
    The Suns were paying him a lot and cut ties because of off court issues not his play on the court. We could easily get him for cheap.

I would sign him, but I wouldn't call him the answer. The one thing his has that our current two sf's have is the prospect of being something we could actually use.

So, is he the answer? No. Would I pay to see what he could do for us? Yes.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

he's like aminu if aminu shot a lot more

Thread Information