Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm not one to gossip, but...Trade w/ Wolves?!?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time though. RekeHavoc with the Ryno injury. This dude broke the Jason Kidd story on realGM two days ago, and everyone laughed at him. But it became public today. http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=23&t=1330298

Anything is possible.
    Oh I'm not questioning the source. I know sometimes people just know things. I'm fine with that. I'm just wondering like, is there a cut-off date that this CANT happen? Like when FA officially starts? or the Moratorium? (I can't spell it). Is there a magic date of a month with there trade becomes not possible to do? Or is this something we'll contemplate for weeks/months?

Either way, kudos for the rumor. Regardless of whether it happens or not.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeNOLA View Post
    Yeah i know, he said he feels more comfortable starting because all he has to do is attack. So I understand your point. The main thing is whats best for the team. Manu was better as a starter also. Even felt more comfortable starting and didnt like it. But Pop saw fit that it was best for the TEAM for Manu to come off the bench, and manu grew into his role. With that being said if the sample size is the same for both him starting and him coming of the bench and both show he avg close to 20 ppg but KMartin drops by 5 pts by him going to the bench, which option do you feel is better for the TEAM?

Not to mention putting tyreke in the starting line up takes a shooter away from the starters and also takes a driver away from the bench which would be best suited for Ryan Anderson. But thats just my opinion.
    Why is every trying to be like the spurs lets be leaders.... not everything can be duplicated
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time though. RekeHavoc with the Ryno injury. This dude broke the Jason Kidd story on realGM two days ago, and everyone laughed at him. But it became public today. http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=23&t=1330298

Anything is possible.
    Wow that thread is an awesome read. I glol

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    When Anderson was healthy Tyreke went off too

If you are saying he went off by meaning he was racking up buckets... then that's actually what i was explaining earlier. I believe for to maximize tyreke's production off the bench you need Anderson on the floor also. He avg close to 20 ppg with them too healthy together. So yes I believe we are saying the same thing.

Unless we get Pop as a coach frick the Spurs model

1-6

didn't we wan martin in the past? please let this be true.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Why is every trying to be like the spurs lets be leaders.... not everything can be duplicated

Im not saying everything has to be like the spurs I ONLY used that as an example because our coach said it first. Using tyreke like Manu. Thats not using their MODEL. Thats just describing the role. Hence, why I illustrated the comparison of how Pop handled Manu. You said Tyreke was the better starter and we both acknowledged Tyreke said he feels more comfortable starting. Well all I said was Manu was a better starter (just like tyreke) and Manu did not personally like coming off the bench and would much rather start. (Just like Tyreke.) So I then raised the question if it proves to be better for the TEAM to have Tyreke come off the bench (Just like it proved to better for the team for Manu to come off the bench) Why not let him? Thats not saying we should duplicate their system. Jrue is not Tony and AD is not Tim Duncan (I honestly didnt even know why ppl tried to compare them too. They don't even have the same playing styles. To me AD is a mix between Lamarcus Aldridge and Kevin Garnett) So i was only talking about the roles specifically as in scorer off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    So does K. Martin, Corey Brewer and the draft rights to Glenn Robinson III for Eric Gordon sound right to anyone else, or have i just conjured up the looney toons' realm.
    Oh...I need to go change my pants now.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/tradech..._trade/6469009

A defensive sf, a swing that can shoot, and a rookie sf (who I believe) can be a solid glue guy.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-28-2014 at 10:03 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    that's a bad trade in my opinion. Gordon is a much better player than Martin and he has less years left on the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    that's a bad trade in my opinion. Gordon is a much better player than Martin and he has less years left on the contract.
    A player that doesn't want to be here isn't worth more than a bag of chips, which I personally would take for Gordon at this point.

Much better?? Lets relax with that.

Martin still has the better contract, and easier to move.
    Gordon is not going to be opting out of his fifth year btw.
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    A player that doesn't want to be here isn't worth more than a bag of chips, which I personally would take for Gordon at this point.
    I would take a bag of chips for him as well, but I wouldn't take on more bad contracts with more years left. Anthony Morrow > Kevin Martin

If Gordon hates being here that much, he will opt out next year and the Pelicans will be rid of him without having to take on bad contracts. And since this could be a contract year for Eric Gordon, he has a lot of incentive to perform at a high level so that he can get a favorable deal from his next team.
    Last edited by hornetsrebirth; 06-28-2014 at 10:20 PM.

Gordon is not a good fit for this team. We will have to pay 15 mil for a guy who will be coming off the bench. Plus Gordon will get hurt and not finish the season.

You do realize that Martin is a useful player and would be far easier to move than EG...this trade is a slam dunk for us.

Anthony Morrow > Kevin Martin...but on what planet, because that's not true on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    You do realize that Martin is a useful player and would be far easier to move than EG...this trade is a slam dunk for us.
    Where you been ?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I would take a bag of chips for him as well, but I wouldn't take on more bad contracts with more years left. Anthony Morrow > Kevin Martin

If Gordon hates being here that much, he will opt out next year and the Pelicans will be rid of him without having to take on bad contracts. And since this could be a contract year for Gordon, one could expect to see him perform more consistently than in any other season.
    Lol you think Martin contract is worse than Gordon, it is very possible that Gordon has the worse contract in the league.

[QU OTE=hornetsrebirth;1226728]I would take a bag of chips for him as well, but I wouldn't take on more bad contracts with more years left. Anthony Morrow > Kevin Martin

If Gordon hates being here that much, he will opt out next year and the Pelicans will be rid of him without having to take on bad contracts. Since this could be a contract year for Gordon, he will have incentive to perform at a higher level.[/QUOTE]
    Wat?

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Share this with the Wolves GM....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Anthony Morrow > Kevin Martin...but on what planet, because that's not true on this one.
    on the planet where salary considerations matter, Anthony Morrow makes the team better than Kevin Martin does

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    Lol you think Martin contract is worse than Gordon, it is very possible that Gordon has the worse contract in the league.
    It was a terrible deal yeah but it's almost over and should be off the books by next season, unless the Pelicans take on more years of bad salaries in order to trade Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    Huh? My opinion is that Wolves are getting the better end of the trade, obviously their GM agrees or he wouldn't have proposed it.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    So many here lurking on this thread praying you're right

It wouldn't really improve us on the court. We'd save a few million and get a bit taller but get older and the contract goes longer as well. However, it can't be stated how positive it will be to the fans and team to unload EG. Martin came off the bench before and seems to be a true professional that's only concerned with winning, not where his heart is. Please please let this happen, even if we have to take back a non glamorous contract like Barea or Brewer. Hoping for Buddinger but we gotta take what we can get.

TEAM SOURCES!
    @DanielVeuleman

It was a terrible deal yeah but it's almost over and should be off the books by next season, unless the Pelicans take on more years of bad salaries in order to trade Gordon.
    It is extremely unlikely that EG opts out.

Thread Information