Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm not one to gossip, but...Trade w/ Wolves?!?

Gordon for Martin and Budinger would be amazing. Wouldn't mind Brewer either, but I'd rather the spacing.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    In a perfect world, you'd have Evans starting, and Martin coming off bench. Holiday starting as PG, and Rivers coming off bench as PG. Keeping in some scoring AND having some defense in the backcourt as well. Toss in the dude Smith as a possibility and it gives a little more versatility. My only thought is what happpens to Morrow in this scenario? Is he retained if possible? Or no? I like Morrow. But I'm afraid if this trade happens we have no use for him? Or if we do, it's more or less at SF. How would that work?

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    In a perfect world, you'd have Evans starting, and Martin coming off bench. Holiday starting as PG, and Rivers coming off bench as PG. Keeping in some scoring AND having some defense in the backcourt as well. Toss in the dude Smith as a possibility and it gives a little more versatility. My only thought is what happpens to Morrow in this scenario? Is he retained if possible? Or no? I like Morrow. But I'm afraid if this trade happens we have no use for him? Or if we do, it's more or less at SF. How would that work?
    Odds are we wouldn't go hard after Morrow. Which is fine.

If the Wolves view it as a win, that's even more awesome. Let's get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    link? I am terrible navigating realGM. Also did you create an alt with sixers flair on r/nba?
    nah that wasn't me

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...?f=2&t=1330932

1-6

No need for Morrow with Kmart in the back IMO. Kmart can stroke it. If this frees up the MLE and BAE, then use that money to get your SF and use bird rights to retain Smith and and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    nah that wasn't me
    Ah okay. There is a new account with sixers flair and all he does is comment good stuff about the Pellies.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    Tyreke played his best in the starting lineup without Anderson actually.
    That was also because he most of the offense had to go through him. We had no jrue and anderson; then eric was spotty also. I was just saying it could work. You can have a balanced attack with the starters and the bench. A 20 ppg 6th man tyreke and a 20 ppg KMartin is better than a 20 ppg starting tyreke and a 14 ppg 6th man KMartin. If tyreke is capable of producing 17-20 ppg of the bench why not use him there?

I just would rather a larger sample size of a healthy second unit of tyreke and anderson to compare it against him starting last yr, to see if its truly best to start tyreke. Because last yr we only got a sample size of what 10 games maybe?!? That's not enough to make a sound decision in my opinion.

But i trust they will make the right decison

No need for Morrow with Kmart in the back IMO. Kmart can stroke it. If this frees up the MLE and BAE, then use that money to get your SF and use bird rights to retain Smith and and a few others.
    Yeah I figured that. I just really like Morrow. Hate to see him leave. But after this past season, hopefully he could go somewhere else and make some fat cash.

what is K-Mart per 36's lol

If I'm trading Gordon I want K-Mart and Mount

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    God I hope this is true.

The Franchise    Contributor   

Funny that we all seem to think that EG's contract is toxic to trade, and they seem to think the same about Martin

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeNOLA View Post
    That was also because he most of the offense had to go through him. We had no jrue and anderson; then eric was spotty also. I was just saying it could work. You can have a balanced attack with the starters and the bench. A 20 ppg 6th man tyreke and a 20 ppg KMartin is better than a 20 ppg starting tyreke and a 14 ppg 6th man KMartin. If tyreke is capable of producing 17-20 ppg of the bench why not use him there?

I just would rather a larger sample size of a healthy second unit of tyreke and anderson to compare it against him starting last yr, to see if its truly best to start tyreke. Because last yr we only got a sample size of what 10 games maybe?!? That's not enough to make a sound decision in my opinion.

He is better as a starter... so let him start... plus he said he's better as a starter
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    God I hope this is true.
    +1

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    You rang? lol

Edit ... a better look

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_231 Jun. 28 21.25.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	5605  
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 06-28-2014 at 09:29 PM.

Ok I'm gonna ask this too, if... IF... this rumor is true, when will we know? If it's out there, and is real, some of the bigger leakers on Twitter would mention it I'd think. Nothing so far that i see. Soo... When do we KNOW if this is possible or not?

When Anderson was healthy Tyreke went off too

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Over the past 4 years:

PPG: 25.9(10) 19.4(11) 18.2(12) 21.5(13)
    43.5% FG
    38.5 % 3 point
    89% FT
    2.4 Ast
    3.2 Reb
    1 Steal

265/312 games played so he's stayed reasonably healthy
    Last edited by The Emperor; 06-28-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    +1
    I thought you quoted your own post

Not only was Tyreke ineffectual as a 6th man, but the advanced stats bear out that he and Jrue are an excellent pairing.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    I thought you quoted your own quote
    Pack of wolves cause we don't follow the rules

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Ok I'm gonna ask this too, if... IF... this rumor is true, when will we know? If it's out there, and is real, some of the bigger leakers on Twitter would mention it I'd think. Nothing so far that i see. Soo... When do we KNOW if this is possible or not?
    Wouldn't be the first time though. RekeHavoc with the Ryno injury. This dude broke the Jason Kidd story on realGM two days ago, and everyone laughed at him. But it became public today. http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=23&t=1330298

Anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    He is better as a starter... so let him start... plus he said he's better as a starter
    Yeah i know, he said he feels more comfortable starting because all he has to do is attack. So I understand your point. The main thing is whats best for the team. Manu was better as a starter also. Even felt more comfortable starting and didnt like it. But Pop saw fit that it was best for the TEAM for Manu to come off the bench, and manu grew into his role. With that being said if the sample size is the same for both him starting and him coming of the bench and both show he avg close to 20 ppg but KMartin drops by 5 pts by him going to the bench, which option do you feel is better for the TEAM?

Not to mention putting tyreke in the starting line up takes a shooter away from the starters and also takes a driver away from the bench which would be best suited for Ryan Anderson. But thats just my opinion.

Wouldn't be the first time though. RekeHavoc with the Ryno injury. This dude broke the Jason Kidd story on realGM two days ago, and everyone laughed at him. But it became public today. http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=23&t=1330298

Anything is possible.
    that guy got laughed at so much! how funny

Thread Information