Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm not one to gossip, but...Trade w/ Wolves?!?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    The salaries are way off according to trade machine so something else would have to be included.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Not saying I don't trust you, but why would the wolves do that?
    Got so worked up didn't even think about it from the T'Wolves side. Maybe the spirit of David Kahn is answering the phones in Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Not saying I don't trust you, but why would the wolves do that?
    they are in rebuilding mode and gordon has a shorter contract than martin

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Take it and GTF off the phone.

I purposed trading Gordon to the Wolves coming into last season. I thought Minnesota would be desperate to applease Love given they gave him such a short deal.
    This is something I agree with you completely on. If Dell hears this and doesn't instantly say yes then either one of two things is going on, a) Gordon has more value than any of us thought and Dell must have other better options. Or b) Dell deserves to be fired immediately.

If I'm Loomis and I hear about this trade I walk into Dell's office and ask him what's up? He says, "oh I've got this Gordon trade offer I'm thinking about not accepting." And I tell him pack his bags and get out. After slapping him.

Imagine a sf who is athletic and can actually shoot and a sg coming off bench like he did with okc

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    This was unprovoked chatter. I'm not the type to ask a guy about rumors or stuff like this, or pry into stuff that is work related, but this info was volunteered. Fwiw, the guy wasn't as sour on Gordon as a lot of us are, and he thought Martin was trash and Tyreke was overpaid. Said his run at the end of season didn't mean that much because guys didn't have anything to play for other than stats.

Now fortunately we're talking about someone that is absolutely in a position in the organization where he would know things about personnel, but no one is asking his opinion on player personnel. But just in case, I told him I would trade Gordon for ME if I was Dell, and I'm a 6ft tall 35 year old with a great (but fading) rec league post game!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If he's into trading for that kinda thing. I'm a helluva concert basso.

Though I don't think the Pels would trade Gordon for me.

I have no reason to not believe you NM. I tried to confirm with MM if he might have heard something, he hadn't but still said it'd make sense for us.

Here's to hoping your source was right. Heck, maybe Rekehavoc would be in position to shed some light on this.

So if it was a trade more than likely it would be done before Monday at 11pm correct ?

To free up salary cap for a SF

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    So if it was a trade more than likely it would be done before Monday at 11pm correct ?
    I would think most teams would want their cap room solidified before FA starts, especially the teams hoping to add Lebron or Carmelo. Either way within a week we should know how this is gonna play out.

Quote Originally Posted by AirForce1 View Post
    Trade doesn't work (please don't hit me =)). They need to send more salary, like Budinger, Mbah something, Brewer, Barrea, Schved..
    I love Mbah. Great defender. Can't shoot a lick but would only be a backup playing light minutes anyway. Budinger would be an actual shooting three!

Dude, and Dell likes Martin! If this happens I'll be elated. PLEASE DELL!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I have no reason to not believe you NM. I tried to confirm with MM if he might have heard something, he hadn't but still said it'd make sense for us.

Here's to hoping your source was right. Heck, maybe Rekehavoc would be in position to shed some light on this.
    All I can say is that the source of this is definitely in a position to know.

For instance, when I posted something about Tom Benson still being in contention to be the new owner on Hornetsreport, it was because I'd heard it from the chairman of the LSED, and he told it to a room of people. I only post rumors when the source is credible. This guy is in a position with the Pelicans where he would know stuff like this, he volunteered the info, and it wasn't whispered or hush hush so I don't feel like I have to keep it a secret!

As to how this would fit under the cap, or what Dell thought of this offer, or why Wolves would propose it, anything I'd say would be speculation and just my opinion. And I have no intention of following up with this guy to get additional info or specifics. If RekeHavoc or anybody else wants to run it by their sources for additional info, by all means go for it!

Minny would need to add about 3.2 mil. Barea, Luc Mbah a Moute, Brewer, and Shved all work if any are added
    @mcnamara247

And BTW, I know for a fact that Monty loves Martin. Like absolutely loves his game. Haven't heard him feel that way about many players, but I know he felt this way about Martin. It passes the smell test from our end and I can see Minny doing it because of the shorter contract

A few things: we know that Dell likes K-Mart from when he tried to acquire him in the CP3 deal.

Maybe Dell is exploring all options until the last minute before accepting.

Thanks for the info. I know it's tough to disclose when you know people will call you out if it doesn't happen. Sometimes things just change.

Don't like that Martin's contract is longer, but at 7 mil, I could live with him as a 6th man.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    Don't like that Martin's contract is longer, but at 7 mil, I could live with him as a 6th man.
    I'm sure Martin is fine being 6th man. As opposed to Gordon. Martin will not come in thinking he is head honcho. Much greated chance of him accepting his role on the team as opposed to Gordon. This is good.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I'm sure Martin is fine being 6th man. As opposed to Gordon. Martin will not come in thinking he is head honcho. Much greated chance of him accepting his role on the team as opposed to Gordon. This is good.
    my question then is who would be our starting SG?
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by jsl05 View Post
    A few things: we know that Dell likes K-Mart from when he tried to acquire him in the CP3 deal.

Maybe Dell is exploring all options until the last minute before accepting.

Thanks for the info. I know it's tough to disclose when you know people will call you out if it doesn't happen. Sometimes things just change.
    Eh..I really don't care too much about the calling out part. I'm a grown man! People get too sensitive about online stuff. For me this is just a distraction while my wife talks. BAM!

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    A guy named Reke

Shamsports says last year is a player option on Martin's contract. HoopsHype says it is not?????????????????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Eh..I really don't care too much about the calling out part. I'm a grown man! People get too sensitive about online stuff. For me this is just a distraction while my wife talks. BAM!
    Funniest thing I've read on the internet in weeks - well done, sir!

I hate Kevin Martin's game... and he don't play ANY defense. But if getting him means we can shed some salary to absorb Asik without giving up Ryno or Rivers, then I'll welcome KMart with open arms.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    My guess would be Tyreke. SF is still the position in question. Starting Tyreke at SF and Martin at SG would be ok though I'm sure. I wouldn't call it ideal though. If you take into consideration what MM said and incluce MbaM or Brewer, well then there you go.

Thread Information