Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: I'm not one to gossip, but...Trade w/ Wolves?!?

I think I'm more ready for Gordon to go so that MM can tell us this story about EG. MM says he'll wait til EG is gone before he says something, so...

Shot out to Kumar lol

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    In that deal with Houston I'd love to get Parsons but I think if they don't get melo parsons ain't going anywhere. I think for Houston it's melo or bust.
    Virtually impossible we get Parsons unless we are sending Ryno to Minny. They want return on Love, and Parsons will be a big piece.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I think I'm more ready for Gordon to go so that MM can tell us this story about EG. MM says he'll wait til EG is gone before he says something, so...

Shot out to Kumar lol
    Glol. Wait what story though?

The Franchise    Contributor   

Just for laughs - who are the other Martins out there? Guys on longer, but cheaper, contracts than Gordon who are despised by their team's fans?
    And as for the fear that Dell may be gun-shy about Gordon finally playing well somewhere else, I don't think that's a worry, especially in this case. We know he and Monty love Martin (although that scares me that we will have another Willie 'why is he on the court' Green situation on our hands). And we also have heard rumblings of the organization being fed up with Gordon. If he lives up to his potential elsewhere I suspect the reaction would be 'well, we know he was never going to be happy enough to do that here' rather than 'if only we had been more patient...'

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Don't know if this is already mentioned, but trade machine is sort of useless right now because it still acts like we're in the last NBA calendar year, but also has Asik already on the Pelicans roster. So for y'all trying to make deals work using trade machine, I wouldn't trust it.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 06-29-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    And come someone explain to me how we'd keep our MLE and Bi-Annual if we did the trade with Minnesota. I thought that the trade with Sota would open the necessary cap space to absorb Asik, but using that cap space would mean we'd lose all out exemptions. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Glol. Wait what story though?
    I guess we'll all have to wait because IDK lol.

The story was on Kaman, but maybe there're two stories.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar

I'm not one to gossip, but...Trade w/ Wolves?!?

I guess we'll all have to wait because IDK lol.
    Honestly I'm waiting on that story too lol I bet it's almost gonna be good as him being off the team in itself...almost but not quite lol
    Last edited by wuggie; 06-29-2014 at 11:01 AM.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP;

But is anybody else on here blocked by Gordon on twitter? Somehow I've been for like 2 years! Even Gordon has gotten wind of my displeasure with him living in MY city!
    Yes I am. I said something about I have 58 million reasons why Gordon owes us an explanation for not playing when the team doctors have cleared him and he blocked me saying "I don't listen to idiots bruh"

I don't usually troll but he makes it so easy. I think that's the only time I think I've ever felt compelled to say something stupid on twitter. I'm mostly level headed and self censored

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Eh..I really don't care too much about the calling out part. I'm a grown man! People get too sensitive about online stuff. For me this is just a distraction while my wife talks. BAM!
    I love this response. Couldn't have said it better myself
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Don't know if this is already mentioned, but trade machine is sort of useless right now because it still acts like we're in the last NBA calendar year, but also has Asik already on the Pelicans roster. So for y'all trying to make deals work using trade machine, I wouldn't trust it.
    People could just learn the trade rules.

Seriously, I think all fans should spend 2-3 hours learning the basics of the CBA. Dont need to go crazy, but understanding it makes this time of year much more enjoyable IMO
    @mcnamara247

And come someone explain to me how we'd keep our MLE and Bi-Annual if we did the trade with Minnesota. I thought that the trade with Sota would open the necessary cap space to absorb Asik, but using that cap space would mean we'd lose all out exemptions. What am I missing?
    You have to do one of two things:

1. Take back at least 8.4 mil less than you give out - thereby allowing you to keep everything and then just absorb Asik into that exception

2. Make it a 3 way with Houston that keeps you within the 150% or 5 million rule

Do either of those things (#2 the more likely route) and you keep all your Bird Rights, MLE, BAE, etc

A little off topic but i think it's kind of funny/weird that Eric Gordon favorited this tweet. maybe he wants out just as bad as we want him out

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I will not be surprised if we move Gordon but I think regardless of what people are saying it's going to be Ryno and Rivers we move. We'll resign Roberts and Morrow for the right price. We'll pick up a 3 point shooter. We need defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, we are so ready for EG to move on. Any rumor about him is going to get a dozen or more pages of discussions.

Question, is Phoenix an option? I know we couldn't trade him to the Suns after we matched, has that run out?

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    A little off topic but i think it's kind of funny/weird that Eric Gordon favorited this tweet. maybe he wants out just as bad as we want him out

That is odd. But the Magic needs a pg and Olidipo won't play point IMO

Quote Originally Posted by eballa1 View Post
    Man, we are so ready for EG to move on. Any rumor about him is going to get a dozen or more pages of discussions.

Question, is Phoenix an option? I know we couldn't trade him to the Suns after we matched, has that run out?
    Phoenix is trying to land LeBron or Carmelo. I don't think they'll do Gordon unless they can't get a better deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Virtually impossible we get Parsons unless we are sending Ryno to Minny. They want return on Love, and Parsons will be a big piece.
    If the Rockets land Melo and we get rid of EG. We can get Parsons in a s&t for Reke

As stated multiple times, they don't have the same gm they had back then...meaning, they'd not be so stupid

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    If the Rockets land Melo and we get rid of EG. We can get Parsons in a s&t for Reke
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    That is odd. But the Magic needs a pg and Olidipo won't play point IMO

I don't mean the actual trade proposal itself because that makes no sense. Just the fact he'd favorite any tweet that purposes him being traded is the interesting part

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Nah. His name is Rorrin Nadd.

Otherwise known as the Zinc Canoer.

Not as strong as the other guy.

Euthanize this thread....

Thread Information