Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pelicans Have Four Options. Here they Are

The Pelicans Have Four Options. Here they Are

Everything that everyone wants to know about what the next move could/will be

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...o-free-agency/
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Great write-up as usual. My preferences in order:

1. trade EG
    2. stretch EG
    3. trade Anderson
    4. trade Rivers

Stretching Gordon scares me.

Having any sort of financial commitment for half a decade to a non-existent player doesn't sit well with me.

trade EG at all cost

Mickey Loomis would bring Gordon into his office, get him to take a salary cut this year and have him making more the following two years, and That will give us some time to trade Gordon without losing anyone else. So, tell me if this is possible or nah?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    Stretching Gordon scares me.

Having any sort of financial commitment for half a decade to a non-existent player doesn't sit well with me.
    I can agree with that. Part of me says if we can't trade him we should just suck it up and deal with him one more year and see what we can do next year. On the other hand we still need to do something to clear space, and unless the Anderson deal is really appealing, I'd rather stretch him. I guess it just depends on what we could get for Anderson. I really don't want to deal Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
    Mickey Loomis would bring Gordon into his office, get him to take a salary cut this year and have him making more the following two years, and That will give us some time to trade Gordon without losing anyone else. So, tell me if this is possible or nah?
    Read the article. I specifically address this because people are far more familiar with how the NFL works than the NBA. There is no magic potion in the NBA. Things like this are not possible. There are a thousand guys who know the NBA CBA better than Loomis. If people are hoping that he will work similar magic for the Pels, he wont.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    It's also possible that the salary cap could be higher than what some folks have predicted. Until that number comes out, I don't think Dell will do anything. It is possible that the cap predictions could be off by a million one way or the other, which I think might dictate what Dell tries to do.

Gordon is the no brainer pick to trade not stretch. I think if we keep Gordon and make him a 6th man he opts out next year.Trading Anderson may be the most logical even though I would love to see him play a full season with everyone else healthy.
    SIGN A SF

Stretching gordon would be my last. First of course trading him, second trading rivers. I'd hate to get rid of ryno just because, but eh, we'll see

"If" those are the only options, well then it's pretty simple. The only realistic scenario is trading Ryno or Rivers or both. The others just will not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Stretching gordon would be my last. First of course trading him, second trading rivers. I'd hate to get rid of ryno just because, but eh, we'll see
    If Anderson can allow you to absorb Asik and get a starting SF it wouldnt be just because.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    If Anderson can allow you to absorb Asik and get a starting SF it wouldnt be just because.
    Greatly depends on the sf. I still haven't seen a trade idea i really like involving ryno.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Read the article. I specifically address this because people are far more familiar with how the NFL works than the NBA. There is no magic potion in the NBA. Things like this are not possible. There are a thousand guys who know the NBA CBA better than Loomis. If people are hoping that he will work similar magic for the Pels, he wont.
    I read it, it's crazy that you can't renegotiate in the NBA and you will have to stretch him out instead. I still feel like Loomis will make it happen so don't be surprised by what's next.

To make the playoffs in the west we need to add to this roster, not take away. Adding Asik is great but if we have to lose either Gordon or Anderson to do it, I do not think it makes the roster better. Rivers is not the answer, he's not turning the corner. He will never be an above average NBA player. So, if we can trade Rivers and keep the rest. That is absolutely the best roster option.

Totally ok with moving Austin Rivers. Not liking the idea of trading Ryno unless the Pelicans get a really good player in return.

Quote Originally Posted by nola007 View Post
    To make the playoffs in the west we need to add to this roster, not take away. Adding Asik is great but if we have to lose either Gordon or Anderson to do it, I do not think it makes the roster better. Rivers is not the answer, he's not turning the corner. He will never be an above average NBA player. So, if we can trade Rivers and keep the rest. That is absolutely the best roster option.
    I disagree I do think Rivers has shown improvement. However I agree of the 4 it seems like the way to go. As bad as Gordon contract is if we trade him for a guy that gives us nothing and still eats up cap space this year we have no chance of making the playoffs. No playoffs Williams and Demps are gone and we have to bring in a new GM and HC to sort out what's here.

Looking back to the Future BayouBaller23's Avatar
    MM, when would you expect this to be settled one way or the other? As soon as the moratorium is lifted? Or do you expect Dell to try waiting around until the big fish in FA have landed? I would assume it would need to happen sooner than later for Houston to chase the big names..

I don't think anyone needs me to say what my options were.

Anderson makes us better Rivers doesn't

Here another bad thing. All other GM's will know we have to make a deal and will likely low ball us.

Rivers is wildly overrated on this forum.

1. Trade Gordon
    2. Trade Rivers
    3. Stretch Gordon
    4. Trade Ryno

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Anderson makes us better Rivers doesn't
    this. Bye bye Rivers.

Reke, Jrue, and Russ Smith are the Pelican's guards of the future, Rivers is an afterthought.

Keep Gordon as the 6th man for this season, let him opt out or trade the contract next season. Not worth taking on dead money.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Rivers is wildly overrated on this forum.

1. Trade Gordon
    2. Trade Rivers
    3. Stretch Gordon
    4. Trade Ryno
    I agree 100%. Trading Ryno is the last thing I want.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Great write-up as usual. My preferences in order:

1. trade EG
    2. stretch EG
    3. trade Anderson
    4. trade Rivers
    Not trying to attack you, I just want to know your train of thought...why in the world would anyone want to move Ryno before Rivers?

Thread Information