Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Pelicans trade Pierre Jackson for Russ Smith

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Guaranteed contract doesn't mean guaranteed roster spot. The guarantee portion could just be a nice jesture to confirm how much we want him and believe in him should we decide to ask him to go overseas or down to the D league for a year. You know something like 75,000 or so to make those bus rides to Idaho or Bakersfield a little less stressful.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Indeed. But the sense I've gotten. Watchin vids, hearing him talk...we like him a lot and expect him to contribute immediately. Maybe not in a heavy rotation, mind you. But as Brian Roberts with defense, which is all he needs to be to be very good for us.

What do guys think is the probability Russ is the backup 1 if Rivers is traded in a few days? I say 10%.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 07-09-2014 at 12:48 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Rivers is a SG that can play the point.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Guaranteed contract doesn't mean guaranteed roster spot. The guarantee portion could just be a nice jesture to confirm how much we want him and believe in him should we decide to ask him to go overseas or down to the D league for a year. You know something like 75,000 or so to make those bus rides to Idaho or Bakersfield a little less stressful.
    http://www.courier-journal.com/story...cans/12404175/

"Smith's dad said his son agreed to a two-year deal with an option for a third year, the typical contract given to NBA rookies."

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    http://www.courier-journal.com/story...cans/12404175/

"Smith's dad said his son agreed to a two-year deal with an option for a third year, the typical contract given to NBA rookies."
    Awesome. I'm excited for him and the team. At the time all we had was a generic tweet, not an article with more detail.

Thread Information