Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans finalizing trade for Asik

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    If all the Pelicans gave up was next years 1st round pick, then its a good trade. Doubt we would get a player better than Asik with that pick. He fits well with this team. Rockets probably trying to shed salary to sign Melo

We have to give up something, but what?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Tweets say a late lottery pick. That means either something else is in the works, or its protected.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Honestly, I'm more interested in getting veteran and/or experienced players than draft picks, so I'm ok with giving away a pick... but what irks me is that this is helping Houston try to get Carmelo. Which doesn't help us at all. Since Houston will still have our number probably.

Banned
    Are we banking he resigns...? The 1st rounder I think is a steal, it will be late if we are healthy. Only part I don't like is the one-year contract if I'm not mistaken. If Ryno isn't going out this is an awesome deal IMO. If he is, I quit.

I'm With A-GO Contributor jeeves's Avatar
    Cant we also now use our MLE? Therefore not chewing up all space... Not to mention Eric Gordon will be an expiring this time next year, much more value than now, could trade back in.

How can we even absorb his $15 million dollar salary this year without trading Gordon or Anderson?

Dell seems desperate we have to resign Asik and he will demand a lot of money

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    How can we even absorb his $15 million dollar salary this year without trading Gordon or Anderson?
    it's only 8 mill cap benson has to pay the rest

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    All I know, is this can't be the only thing we do. This sounds like a good FIRST step. But not a good ONLY step.

Edit: And also, Asik seemed pissed in Houston because he was starting, then got bumped when Dwight came in. If he starts for us, then he'll probably be fine. If he does his job and starts, AND enjoys the team... Him staying might not be an issue at all. He might love it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    His cap figure is $8.4 million.

MM Retweeted 1-20 protected

Think he only counts 8 million against cap but is owed the extra. That was apart of the poison pill I thought.

it will be protected... but it's unknown to what end

expected to be late lottery to 20ish range
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Banned
    He either stays, and it's great, or he comes off the books and it's still great. I hope he stays, but if all that leaves is a protected first round pick then this is a win for both teams.

AWESOME. Love this move.

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    MM Retweeted 1-20 protected
    I do not see that. I think he said IF it was top 20 protected, it would be a good deal.

I like
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Great move to keep Anderson and give up a late first rounder for a big man to help Davis.

The Franchise
    I love this trade, we have to keep Ryno now!!!
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I might cry Jermaine O'Neal wont look like shaq against us anymore

I don't think this is dells only move this offseason.

Thread Information