Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    How does this look?

Jrue/Rivers/Russ
    Gordon/Evans
    FA/ Southerland or Miller
    AD/Ryno/Babbitt
    Asik/Ajinca/Withey/Young

And before people ask - No, I didn't make any mistakes.
    This is from earlier tonight, and now we learn that Smith, Aminu, and Southerland are gone. Hmm...

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I wouldn't say Southerland is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Yeah, he would only get a minimum contract anyway if we kept him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I've seen Smith and Aminu gone, and all 3 gone. Is he isn't gone, then that's cool. Seems like some simple miscommunication maybe.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I've seen Smith and Aminu gone, and all 3 gone. Is he isn't gone, then that's cool. Seems like some simple miscommunication maybe.
    Well I don't mean that we didn't renounce him, we probably did. But he'd be easy to bring back for camp in October. Similar to what we did with Lance Thomas.

Renouncing someone doesn't mean they are dead.

Geez people.
    @mcnamara247

How does this look?

Jrue/Rivers/Russ
    Gordon/Evans
    AD/Ryno/Babbitt
    Asik/Ajinca/Withey/Young

Unless we can pull off a trade for a SF, I think someone like Jefferson or Butler could look good in that starting SF role if we can get them at minimum or using the room exception.

we need a leader on this team too. jefferson would fit the bill

RIP to all that we have renounced
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    we need a leader on this team too. jefferson would fit the bill
    Not entirely sure what Jefferson you mean

Some of you guys may literally be the most annoying people ever... every thread always seems to have "is that enough to sign Morrow?", Morrow is gone, finito, no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    richard

Quote Originally Posted by Bull DatsWho View Post
    I would rather Green, but Luke Ridnour's nickname was Frodo.
    Elijah Wood (Frodo) also played a kid named Luke in the movie Child in the Night. So we're signing Luke Ridnour! Wait, what..? I dunno, but I think Luke is the clue...

We have a bit too many people at the 5...not enough at the 2/3. And i'd rather keep reke the starter and let gordon play what scrap of minutes he can come by

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    We have a bit too many people at the 5...not enough at the 2/3. And i'd rather keep reke the starter and let gordon play what scrap of minutes he can come by
    You may be right. Of course, Demps isn't through by any means. I actually would like to see the Pelicans carry that many centers because of the frequency of injuries to big men as well as for developmental purposes.

How does this look?

Jrue/Rivers/Russ
    Gordon/Evans
    AD/Ryno/Babbitt
    Asik/Ajinca/Withey/Young

The problem is no Morrow. We gave up about $5M in exceptions we could have used part of to sign Morrow, who can play some SF. Getting Ajinca, Rivers, and Babbitt (in that order for me) is nice, but we still have a huge hole at starting SF and no Morrow.

I think we are going to be looking outside the box at this position. May be another trade or a summer league guy like josh Howard. I don't see that many guys that will be that much better than them in our range who's a free agent

So unless it's another trade or overseas guy. I think it well me a Demps rabbit out of the hat.
    The Only way to get ahead is to get started.....What you waiting for!

When this is all said and done, I don't see how people can give any less than an A (if you are real with how untradeable Gordon is)

You enter June 24th looking at about 6 mil in cap room, Pierre Jackson, a 2015 protected pick, and a Room Exception and walk out with Omer Asik, Russ Smith, Patric Young, and let's say Richard Jefferson or CDR in THIS market? 6 million can't even get you Jodie Meeks. It only gets you 66% of Jordan Hill.

I want people to think about a summer where we signed CJ Miles and Nazr Mohammad instead. Or Anthony Morrow and Ekpe Udoh. Just think about that. Now, how do you feel about our actual summer?
    Last edited by MichaelMcNamara; 07-12-2014 at 07:47 AM.

When this is all said and done, I don't see how people can give any less than an A (if you are real with how untradeable Gordon is)

You enter June 24th looking at about 6 mil in cap room, Pierre Jackson, a 2015 protected pick, and a Room Exception and walk out with Omer Asik, Pierre Jackson, Patric Young, and let's say Richard Jefferson or CDR in THIS market? 6 million can't even get you Jodie Meeks. It only gets you 66% of Jordan Hill.

I want people to think about a summer where we signed CJ Miles and Nazr Mohammad instead. Or Anthony Morrow and Ekpe Udoh. Just think about that. Now, how do you feel about our actual summer?
    I think you meant Russ Smith. But I completely agree. Especially considering some contracts that have been sent out, those players all have comparable value. I'm happy with the offseason, just waiting for the FA at SF.

I say this a lot, but it really applies here:

If people can find me a perfect roster, I would love to see it. I mean, the Thunder started Perkins and gave Derek Fisher crunch time minutes. The Clippers rolled Matt Barnes out there at SF every night. The Blazers had absolutely no depth. The Maverics started the immortal Samuel Dalembert and had a DH at point guard in Calderon and 75 combined years between two men at SF.

I can go on and on, but the point is that if you expected a stud at every position, that isn't fair IMO. When Gordon is moveable? Now, that could be possible. And that's possible down the line, just not now. You've got 6 really good players when healthy - one potential MVP caliber one - and some amazing depth across the board. I mean, this team is hands down better than the 2007-08 Hornets if AD makes that next leap, right?

I hope our free agent is Aminu. Seriously. I don't see any options out there that contribute nearly what he does to winning basketball games. It's not all about 3-pointers and spacing. Rebounding and defense are also needed.

For the season, I want to see the following averages:
    Davis - 36 min
    Asik - 28 min
    Anderson - 28 min
    Withey/Young/Ajinca - 6 min
    Holliday - 36 min
    Evans - 30 min (unless his conditioning has improved to allow more...)
    Gordon - 20 min
    Aminu - 20 min
    Rivers/Russ/SF2/SF3 - 18 min

If healthy, Davis/Asik/Evans/Holliday should start every game. If Aminu starts at the 3 because we need to defend a special opposing player, then Evans starts at the 2. Otherwise Evans starts at the 3 and Gordon at the 2. Some games Anderson may play some at the 3 with Davis and Asik/Withey/Ajinca to get him minutes. I hope we keep all of the listed bigs, to maintain depth for injuries, foul trouble, and resting AD/Anderson when we are in a blowout victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Thomas. One of the greatest leaders our country has ever seen.

1. Aminu is not a good defender

2. Rebounding is no longer a priority from our SF with AD and Asik on the roster.

With two defensive studs at the rim and Jrue pressuring the ball, an average defender will look good on this squad. You have to look to the other side of the ball for our SF. A knockdown shooter is needed. If he can put the ball on the floor when teams close out hard and even pass fairly well, that would be ideal. The thing I do agree with is that whoever comes in at SF will only get 20-25 mins and won't finish games. So basically, we are looking for a 7th man.

I'm would just be glad not to have Aminu starting anymore. Also, all I really want is a SF that can make 3's on a consistent basis.

1. Aminu is not a good defender

2. Rebounding is no longer a priority from our SF with AD and Asik on the roster.

With two defensive studs at the rim and Jrue pressuring the ball, an average defender will look good on this squad. You have to look to the other side of the ball for our SF. A knockdown shooter is needed. If he can put the ball on the floor when teams close out hard and even pass fairly well, that would be ideal. The thing I do agree with is that whoever comes in at SF will only get 20-25 mins and won't finish games. So basically, we are looking for a 7th man.
    Wow you summed up my thoughts a minute before I could post it. lol!

Thread Information