Pelicans Report

Page 48 of 73 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1807

Thread: Pelicans finalizing trade for Asik

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    If Milwaukee is indeed involved, I could envision "nothing" being Gordon, "Elway" being Ilyasova, and "double nothing" being Mayo....quite a reach, huh?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    If Milwaukee is indeed involved, I could envision "nothing" being Gordon, "Elway" being Ilyasova, and "double nothing" being Mayo....quite a reach, huh?
    Hey I'm all for dumping Gordon. This trade would be a lot bigger than what we are expecting though. I think we have to assume it's going to be a basic trade to be able to keep our exceptions and still get Asik.

I'll tell you what I'd love. Since we are trading with the Bucks, I'd like to get in on some of that Damien Ingles action. I have no idea what we could possibly give other than a bunch of money for him to be included, but I'd love to get him.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    So is MM really gone because of lack of appreciation? Because (he ignored this last time I said this too) I sent him a PM a while back saying thanks for the hard work and apologizing for being a egghead on occasion. Met with 0 response. I guess he can pick and choose his thanks.... Or perhaps he just wants public praise or attention. I dunno. But I said there and I'll say it here so he can get his panties out of a bunch that I appreciate the work all of the BSS guys do. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    So is MM really gone because of lack of appreciation? Because (he ignored this last time I said this too) I sent him a PM a while back saying thanks for the hard work and apologizing for being a egghead on occasion. Met with 0 response. I guess he can pick and choose his thanks.... Or perhaps he just wants public praise or attention. I dunno. But I said there and I'll say it here so he can get his panties out of a bunch that I appreciate the work all of the BSS guys do. Thanks
    I agree they are basically the only guys who cover this team that know's what they are talking about.

1-6

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Hey I'm all for dumping Gordon. This trade would be a lot bigger than what we are expecting though. I think we have to assume it's going to be a basic trade to be able to keep our exceptions and still get Asik.

I'll tell you what I'd love. Since we are trading with the Bucks, I'd like to get in on some of that Damien Ingles action. I have no idea what we could possibly give other than a bunch of money for him to be included, but I'd love to get him.
    You are probably right, but we have been surprised before....

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I love you guys. This thread made my night.

Can't stop laughing. Like watching Will Hunting at work
    I was thinking more a beautiful mind with Russell Crowe, but does that make you a figment of everyone else's imagination?

Sad to see you go, hoping you'll stay on the Podcasts though, and I would still take you against a grizzly bear, though I'd have an ambulance on standby, just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Have y'all heard about that show called The Misery? It's on ESPN and it's kind of like that show called The Decision years ago starring Lebron James. The Misery has a great cast starring Eric Gordon, Dell Demps, Monty, The city of Phoenix, and David f$;king Stern. Yes this is absolutely real. It's about mistakes and more mistakes and fragile items with little value and the existential dread of losing meaning while life passes you by. It's about wasting the lives of others. It's about a man named Dealer Dell who is trying to do the impossible: sell a defective overpriced piece of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Bucks out- Middleton, Second
    Bucks in- Lin, Rivers, NOP First
    Receive a starting PG and Back up pg so Knight can play his natural positions at the 2 and OJ as the back up while getting a first round pick

Hou out- Asik
    Hou in- ELy, Babbit, Ajinca, Bucks second
    Hou gets cap to go after Bosh or sign Deng or Ariza to replace Parson and gets a back up to Dwight with Ajinca

Pels out- ELy, Babbit, Ajinca, first , rivers
    Pels in- Asik, Middleton
    Clears cap to get Asik and get a small forward.
    Doesn't work salary wise.....but I like it.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I don't think he was referring as much to the core PR group (if at all...notice he's still here), but to his twitter following.

I really hadn't been on twitter much today, so I decided to look at his check out his page not too long ago to see what the fuss was. It was pretty bad. Basically just a lot of panic despite the BSS insider info tag line to just "wait till Sunday." Fletcher started it with his typical shock-jocking "OMG WHY DID WE DRAFT RIVERS IF WE'RE JUST GONNA TRADE HIMMMM?? WHAT TO DO WITH SF?? WILL RYNO GET MINS?? OH NOEZ!!" and being completely uninformed with the false narrative that Tyreke was a failure as a 6th man (BTW, it's really sad that the Pelicans bloggers are way more knowledgeable and in-tune than the media guys like Fletch and Jimmy Smith who are PAID to cover the team). Got worse once the news of PJ Tucker came out...but his breaking point was probably with this guy:

So I can definitely understand his fatigue. There really are a lot of idiots in twitter land. Go to YouTube and look up Jimmy Kimmel Show Mean Tweets...features celebs and NBA players reading rude fan tweets. The segments are funny but at the same time you see how ruthless people are behind a computer/phone screen to people they don't even know.
    Last edited by djpaul89; 07-11-2014 at 02:48 AM.

Wait what? MM please at least stay on this board! You have no idea (well i suppose you do at that) of the number of incorrect informations people throw around when you're not here. Think about the cba, and about us as well

HQ UOTE=Kurgan;1232058]Wait what? MM please at least stay on this board! You have no idea (well i suppose you do at that) of the number of incorrect informations people throw around when you're not here. Think about the cba, and about us as well[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of people go at him because of the BSS site and that alot of us rely on him and the site for our insite. So when someone can challenge him or call him out on his opinion they do. He does a lot to properly inform us and some of us need to back off a little he is on our side.

Even thogh some people seem to not appreciate what you do a lot of people do, so am I! Im living in germany, have to watch pelicans games in the middle of the night or the next day on league pass an I love to listen to the In the NO Podcast! So I understand that a lot of stuff is annoying, especially when you are not even getting paid for this, but if you would disappear, that would be a huge loss for a lot of pelican fans! Please stay with us MM!

Quote Originally Posted by Vetler View Post
    Even thogh some people seem to not appreciate what you do a lot of people do, so am I! Im living in germany, have to watch pelicans games in the middle of the night or the next day on league pass an I love to listen to the In the NO Podcast! So I understand that a lot of stuff is annoying, especially when you are not even getting paid for this, but if you would disappear, that would be a huge loss for a lot of pelican fans! Please stay with us MM!
    same here from switzerland! #staywithus

Quote Originally Posted by CeeJay View Post
    same here from switzerland! #staywithus
    Deleting Twitter might be a good first step, but here at PelicansReport we need a residential CBA expert to help curb all the unrealistic trade ideas. Your insight is irreplaceable though it's obviously your decision whether you stay or leave. But know that the vast majority of us here very much appreciate the knowledge you bring to the forum.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Nothing = Eric Gordon right? Lol
    Just now going back through what I've missed. This made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Or just nothing, like Aminu. Aminu times himself equals Aminu.
    The hits just keep on coming...

Here in Brazil as well!

Stay man! Every day a thousand people overlook what we do, but the few ones that really care and appreciate every little thing we do are the ones that really matter. To "quit" is to give it up to those that really aren't worth the effort. Don't do that!

A true compliment is worth much more than a million fake ones or foolish criticism! The ones that are elated by your effort and work, both here and in BSS are ones you should focus, to the others, like we say here in Brazil, comes through one ear and goes through the other.

And by what we do, I meant witchever work we put on something, not that I contribute to the forum or the site!

This puzzle has been very fun. I suck at these things though. I also don't want MM to leave. But I would understand needing a break for a while. I don't blame him.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Completely missed all this action last night and what happened with MM.

I do not always agree with you and I'm sure we have gotten into it before, but please stay. At the end of the day the real fans appreciate what you do. I'm not in your position so it's not fair of me to just say ignore the idiots, but there are a lot of people that get it and would miss the info/perspective you bring.

TD, XP, TD, XP + TD, XP, Repeat

US Senator, Warren Moon Blank Blank Blank, Blank Blank Elway Nothing Double Jet Li Babe Ruth

SO,

First line = Ajinca
    US senator ... Rubio..Sessions..or ROBERTS (there is a Rivers but she is a Washington State senator, not US)
    Warren Moon is Houston
    Blank Blank Blank ... Ely, Babbitt, ?
    Blank Blank ?
    Elway Denver
    Nothing double is Darrell Auther
    Jet Li is our 1st round pick from the original trade
    and I guess the Babe is Asik

SO my best guess goes something like this?

Pels in Asik, Auther (buy out?)
    Pels out Ajinca, Ely, Babbitt, Roberts, #1 (it reads like we keep the 1 but I can't see how unless it is returned for taking Auther)

Denver in Roberts, Ajinca, and #1 for helping
    Denver out Auther

Houston out Asik
    Houston in Babbit, Ely, filer ??

Hey I gave it a shot
    Last edited by redrum; 07-11-2014 at 07:53 AM.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Dude MM, come on now, silent majority.

Soo why is everyone even believing MM post? Does he has some inside news to know about future trades? Maybe he just pulling our legs with trolling to show how sensitive this time can be. Why should we believe his DA Vinci post?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Soo why is everyone even believing MM post? Does he has some inside news to know about future trades? Maybe he just pulling our legs with trolling to show how sensitive this time can be. Why should we believe his DA Vinci post?
    You don't have to believe it, just ignore it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    When has MM ever trolled us? That's why.

Thread Information