Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another Great Rant from Jimmy Smith

Nope, it's trash because it's an uneducated opinion.

Last edited by NOLA_Dave; 06-25-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    If you want to pick at the article then OK. But calling it trash is an emotional overreaction. If he took those same liberties praising the team and the deal nobody says anything negative. However because it's an opinion that is unpopular among the fans it's trash.
    Zach Lowe has criticized and nobody called it trash. People disagreed here and there but were very respectful and granted a lot of his points.

The "trash" critique is fair if you are talking about his ability to make solid arguments and conclusions that stem from those arguments.

As a philosophy teacher, I never teach "right" or "wrong", I teach "sound" and "Unsound" and "Valid" and "Invalid"

He makes terrible arguments. Notice I am not saying his conclusions are false. I am saying the form of his arguments and the soundness of his premises are beyond horrible.
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Debate class isn't even about being right or wrong. It's about presenting your side of things clearly and with basis. It's why you often have what side you're arguing for given to you so what you actually feel doesn't even matter.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Debate class isn't even about being right or wrong. It's about presenting your side of things clearly and with basis. It's why you often have what side you're arguing for given to you so what you actually feel doesn't even matter.
    Stop being emotional.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Zach Lowe has criticized and nobody called it trash. People disagreed here and there but were very respectful and granted a lot of his points.

The "trash" critique is fair if you are talking about his ability to make solid arguments and conclusions that stem from those arguments.

As a philosophy teacher, I never teach "right" or "wrong", I teach "sound" and "Unsound" and "Valid" and "Invalid"

He makes terrible arguments. Notice I am not saying his conclusions are false. I am saying the form of his arguments and the soundness of his premises are beyond horrible.
    you, too.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thread Information