Westbrook
    Wall
    Irving
    Rondo
    Parker
    Lillard
    Rose
    Lawson

I have Jrue in the mix with guys like Conley, Teague and Rubio.
    This is a pretty solid list, but IMO I'd have him at 10 at the worst (in front of Lawson). For this team I'd rather have Jrue than Lillard and Irving just because of defense. Rose and possibly Rondo are question marks just because of health, but I think Jrue has to pretty much be in the 7-11 range. I'd listen to an argument about Conley being ahead of him, although I'd take Jrue.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    The talk I believe "is made up" is that "Ryan, Tyreke, Anthony, and Jrue" are part of a unit that Dell has at any time said he intends to keep together and build around going into the future. He's never said it. But we act like it's the official "Pelican Axiom". Members of this board have said numerous times, they wouldn't trade player X because they're a member of the "CORE FOUR".

MM created that term for the Pelicans and deemed the players who were in it. Therefor he made it up!

It's catchy, it spread like wildfire, and I give him credit for being an opinion leader when it comes to how A LOT of people here view our team. But still, he made it up!
    Sure, he might have coined the term "Core Four", but it doesn't take a genius to see they are the best 4 players we have and as of right now are probably the main 4 players in our Dell's long term plans. Like he said, that doesn't mean they can't be moved to improve the team. If nothing else, you could view them as our 4 main assets. I feel they're the only 4 players on our team that could net us a lottery pick in a trade. Not necessarily a top 5 lottery pick, but I feel those 4 are all worth a lottery pick on their own.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty clear that core member doesnt mean untradeable, but maybe I need to write it a 4th time instead of just 3
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    In no order

Paul
    Curry
    Westbrook
    Wall
    Irving
    Rondo
    Parker
    Lillard
    Rose
    Lawson

Hard to make bones about this list (in no order).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Hard to make bones about this list (in no order).
    Irving is the only one on that list that Jrue is hands down better than. The rest could be debated. I would personally have Jrue over Irving, Wall, Lilliard and Lawson. It's also yet to be seen what kind of player Rose will be when he returns. He had one great year and since has been constantly injured.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Irving is the only one on that list that Jrue is hands down better than. The rest could be debated. I would personally have Jrue over Irving, Wall, Lilliard and Lawson. It's also yet to be seen what kind of player Jrue will be when he returns. He had one great year.

See what I did there.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

See what I did there.
    Yeah, those apples and oranges sure are delicious.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I thought we were talking about guys coming back from injuries...silly me for not moving the goal posts.

See what I did there.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    In no order

Paul
    Curry
    Westbrook
    Wall
    Irving
    Rondo
    Parker
    Lillard
    Rose
    Lawson

I don't have big issues with your list. I will say Rondo is a question mark and Rose is a BIG question mark.

I tend to look at it in Tiers. I have CP3, Curry, (if we call Westbrook a PG which I don't) in one tier.

Then Parker, Irving, Rondo and Rose if healthy in the next.

the final tier is Jrue, Lilliard, Wall, Lawson.

Out of that tier I think Jrue is the best because of his two way ability. so I guess I have him around 7th.

However I don't care what "position" Westbrook plays. he's not a PG. he is a SG through and through in every sense of the word. I also wonder if Rondo and Rose will be the same.

point being, I could see a time when at the end of next year Jrue could be considered a top 5 PG.

I thought we were talking about guys coming back from injuries...silly me for not moving the goal posts.
    One hasn't come close to finishing a full season since high school; the other plays near full seasons all the time and is coming off the only significant injury in his career (that I'm aware of).

According to league sources, the Pelicans are still having conversations with several teams about trying to trade into the first round to select a center or small forward, their two greatest need areas.
    If the Pelicans look to make a deal to get back in the draft, it likely would be with one of the seven teams holding multiple picks in the first round. Those teams are the Utah Jazz, Charlotte Bobcats, Chicago Bulls,Orlando Magic, Phoenix Suns, Oklahoma City Thunder and the Philadelphia 76ers.

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...ch_mon_26.html

Nothing groundbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    One hasn't come close to finishing a full season since high school; the other plays near full seasons all the time and is coming off the only significant injury in his career (that I'm aware of).

Wait, what? Have you seen how many missed in his career? He has played 82 games once, and more than 70 thrice (in a 5 year career). He misses his share of games.

Take a look at the two

Jrue- http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...5/jrue-holiday
    Rose- http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...6/derrick-rose

Only thing they have in common is one guy made the AS game because the other was injured.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Wait, what? Have you seen how many missed in his career? He has played 82 games once, and more than 70 thrice (in a 5 year career). He misses his share of games.

Take a look at the two

Jrue- http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...5/jrue-holiday
    Rose- http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...6/derrick-rose

Only thing they have in common is one guy made the AS game because the other was injured.
    Whoa whoa whoa, Jrue flat out didn't play in 9 games very early in his rookie season before playing in every game the rest of the way and eventually taking the starting role.

He didn't miss a single game his second year, missed only one game in the strike shortened second season, and he missed four games in his last Sixers seasons with a foot sprain.

Before coming here, as far as I know, he missed 5 games due to injury in four seasons. And that's while giving the one game he missed during short season. I have no idea what he missed that game for.

You can't possibly be comparing that to Rose at this point can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, Jrue flat out didn't play in 9 games very early in his rookie season before playing in every game the rest of the way and eventually taking the starting role.

He didn't miss a single game his second year, missed only one game in the strike shortened second season, and he missed four games in his last Sixers seasons with a foot sprain.

Before coming here, as far as I know, he missed 5 games due to injury in four seasons. And that's while giving the one game he missed during short season. I have no idea what he missed that game for.

You can't possibly be comparing that to Rose at this point can you?
    The going logic is if you can't do 82 you have injury problems. Where do you draw the line in the sand that says, "This guy has injury problems, but this guy doesn't."

But the issue in question is one party believe they know what they are getting back when their player returns, while assuming the worst will happen for the other party. Did they not both suffer leg injuries? Is their speed what sets them apart?
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-24-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post

YES!! I don't want to see Holiday, AD, or Reke go! I still want to sneak into the first round though.

The going logic is if you can't do 82 you have injury problems. Where do you draw the line in the sand that says, "This guy has injury problems, but this guy doesn't."

But the issue in question is one party believe they know what they are getting back when their player returns, while assuming the worst will happen for the other party. Did they not both suffer leg injuries? Is their speed what sets them apart?
    sorry but where the hell do you get that from?

A knee injury like Roses is so so different from the stress fracture Holiday had. Are you trying to say Jrue has injury problems and, please god tell me I'm misinterpreting, but are you comparing him to rose's situation? because as Spaniard pointed out, he had hardly missed anytime at all before this season.
    Last edited by jgman; 06-24-2014 at 04:21 PM.
    never assume

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    sorry but where the hell do you get that from?

A knee injury like Roses is so so different from the stress fracture Holiday had. Are you trying to say Jrue has injury problems and, please god tell me I'm misinterpreting, but are you comparing him to rose's situation? because as Spaniard pointed out, he had hardly missed anytime at all before this season.
    Where is the line in the sand drawn? I am saying that they are both coming off of major injuries (one more major than the other), but that they have both had injury issues in the past (one more so than the other). Just saying you can't give one the benefit of the doubt and deny that same benefit to the other guy.

Where is the line in the sand drawn? I am saying that they are both coming off of major injuries (one more major than the other), but that they have both had injury issues in the past (one more so than the other). Just saying you can't give one the benefit of the doubt and deny that same benefit to the other guy.
    yes you can give one the benefit of the doubt. what injury issues has Jrue had in the past? there are none. Rose hasn't played in years. You can't just draw a line in the sand and say people with this many problems are now considered injury prone or whatever, every player, every injury is different. Ask any doctor. That's why you see some people come back from an ACL tear (or even multiple) completely fine and meanwhile others have one and their careers are over. DeJuan Blair literally has no ACL.

Jrue and Rose have completely different injuries, but even if they did have the same injury, they have completely different bodies. You go by the severity of the injury most of the time but every case is different. But you can absolutely give someone the benefit of the doubt based on the injury severity and their medical history (which in large part we don't have access to)
    Last edited by jgman; 06-24-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Jrue has a single significant injury. Kyrie and Rose have had multiple that have kept them out of many, many games throughout their careers. Rose has missed nearly two full seasons back2back, Kyrie misses large chunks of every season.

A history of significant injuries is the difference I am talking about.

Very well.

sorry I went off a little bit there

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    sorry I went off a little bit there
    Just a misunderstand is all. Nothing more than that.

Jrue doesn't have an injury history, Rose does. I don't get what your debating here.

Thread Information