39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 15.38%
  • No

33 84.62%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Would You Trade Jrue for...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    The PELICANS actually need major changes despite the positives. To do what we need to do we have got to get rid of Gordon. We need vets, defense, and 3 point shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Small sample size. And all this "Core Four" stuff is something you made up. Monty nor Dell has said they've settled on a core group yet.

We've got Anthony and assets. And a roster that IMO is not yet constructed the way Monty or Dell would like.
    nobody ever "settles" on a core group; every player in the league is available at a certain price

Wasn't Chandler Parsons part of the core for the Rockets? Would they lose him if it meant they could get Melo? Of course.

Small sample size. And all this "Core Four" stuff is something you made up. Monty nor Dell has said they've settled on a core group yet.

We've got Anthony and assets. And a roster that IMO is not yet constructed the way Monty or Dell would like.
    http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...neral_m_3.html

We like the core. We like the core group and their age and where they are going.
    http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s.../post_111.html

''I think he’s an elite point guard with size and strength,’’ Demps said. ''I think he’s going to be good for us for a long time. I wish he and Anthony would have played more games for us together. I think they were just starting to jell and figure each other out.''
    http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2014/4/...Monty-Williams

''I didn't think we got a good sample of the group playing together,'' Demps said. ''We're still confident with the core that we have, but obviously we want to continue to do everything that we possibly can to improve.''
    JUST SAYIN
    never assume

Whenever I have an opinion you don't like, you get all up in arms. Relax.

Yes, I call them the Core Four, because of the team we have NOW, they are its core members. Does that mean none of them can move, ever? Of course not. There are like 4 untraceable guys in the league, if that. Obviously I don't think they are untradable, as I have said I would move two of them for Love.

But they were terrific together, in yes a small sample size, minus the man who plagues us. I am not breaking that up unless I get something major in return.
    @mcnamara247

The Franchise
    I'd hate to move Jrue. I just felt better when he was running the point and the offense seemed to run smoother. I guess it's a confidence I felt while he was in there. If I HAD to move 2 of the core it would be Tyreke and Ryno.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I'd hate to move Jrue. I just felt better when he was running the point and the offense seemed to run smoother. I guess it's a confidence I felt while he was in there. If I HAD to move 2 of the core it would be Tyreke and Ryno.
    These would be my selections as well. Two of the most overrated Pels IMO. Jrue is good for this team. At some point, there has to be cohesion on this team so Dell can't keep tinkering with the roster. So if he put all of his eggs in the "Core 4" basket, we need to ride it out to see what happens.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

He never says who his core is, or if there were 4 of guys in his core. The only guy he mentions by name is AD.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-24-2014 at 09:41 AM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

What is the debate? Does "core guy" mean an untradeable guy?

If that is the case, there are like 4 "core guys" in the whole league. If "core guy" means one of the foundation pieces on your current roster, is there any doubt who the Core Four are?

AD is untouchable, and the others are not - I think we all agree with that. So, what are we debating?

I think we are debating how many are in the core, but who really knows anymore. This thread will eventually lead to trade Eric Gordon/Rivers is a horrible player who will be an all star/ we need to sign somebody big time (who we can't afford).

Again, in a small sample size, the Core 4 without Gordon was the best unit in the NBA. And no I do not expect them to have a +20 Net Rating over an 82 game season, but we need to remember that they were this good without even developing chemistry yet. And AD is only getting better, Reke only getting healthier and more comfortable with the system, etc.

For me to break that up, I better get a stud. But I would trade any guy named AD. Does that mean he is the only part of the "core"? I guess it is a language thing.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    He never says who his core is, or if there were 4 of guys in his core. The only guy he mentions by name is AD.
    I don't think he ever says who the core is so you are right there, but he does say he thinks Jrue will be with us for "a long time", and that he wants to see more of who we have. But I was just responding to the core group stuff being made up. I was just showing that Dell has said we have a core that they like going forward, literally got those 3 quotes from the first couple google results for "dell demps core" so if he had actually made an attempt to see if the core talk was all made up he would maybe see it differently, even if dell doesn't explicitly say who is in the core

To play Devils advocate, who is to say we don't have a core 6, or core 7, or core 8? Why does it only have to be 4? We have a lot of young talent on this team, maybe the FO wants to make guys (who we view as superfluous) core players on this team.

Why Dell, why? Why must you speak in riddles?

I use Core 4 to describe the four guys who are excellent together and are the best 4 players on the team. It means nothing as far as how this team must be built going forward IMO. And I am sure Dell sees it the same way. You are always open to improving your team, whether that means trading the 3rd best guy on your roster or the 11th guy.

He said core 4, not untouchable 4, we have a core 4 right NOW

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Whenever I have an opinion you don't like, you get all up in arms. Relax.
    Let me very clear... I'm relaxed! Sorry if doesn't come across that way via message board. But even my wife tells me I can be a contrarian at times!

I appreciate the debate on Pelicans issues. No beef. Let's hug.

Let me very clear... I'm relaxed! Sorry if doesn't come across that way via message board. But even my wife tells me I can be a contrarian at times!

I appreciate the debate on Pelicans issues. No beef. Let's hug.
    No need for that. I just think you might be assuming some of my points some times, rather than clarifying. Like with this specific issue.

I understand you don't love our core and would take things another direction. Thats cool. I would too if it were for a star. But I will still refer to them as the Core Four while they are here, because they are right now as this team is currently constructed. They are the guys that are going to decide 90% of games one way or the other. The rest of the roster is just lamp shades and window dressings. You want them to be as nice as possible, but they aren't what determines the value of your house at the end of the day

Who said core 4? Nobody said core 4. Dell said core players.

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    I don't think he ever says who the core is so you are right there, but he does say he thinks Jrue will be with us for "a long time", and that he wants to see more of who we have. But I was just responding to the core group stuff being made up. I was just showing that Dell has said we have a core that they like going forward, literally got those 3 quotes from the first couple google results for "dell demps core" so if he had actually made an attempt to see if the core talk was all made up he would maybe see it differently, even if dell doesn't explicitly say who is in the core
    The talk I believe "is made up" is that "Ryan, Tyreke, Anthony, and Jrue" are part of a unit that Dell has at any time said he intends to keep together and build around going into the future. He's never said it. But we act like it's the official "Pelican Axiom". Members of this board have said numerous times, they wouldn't trade player X because they're a member of the "CORE FOUR".

MM created that term for the Pelicans and deemed the players who were in it. Therefor he made it up!

It's catchy, it spread like wildfire, and I give him credit for being an opinion leader when it comes to how A LOT of people here view our team. But still, he made it up!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    No need for that. I just think you might be assuming some of my points some times, rather than clarifying. Like with this specific issue.

I understand you don't love our core and would take things another direction. Thats cool. I would too if it were for a star. But I will still refer to them as the Core Four while they are here, because they are right now as this team is currently constructed. They are the guys that are going to decide 90% of games one way or the other. The rest of the roster is just lamp shades and window dressings. You want them to be as nice as possible, but they aren't what determines the value of your house at the end of the day
    But don't we assume, with a team that didn't make the playoffs, that how the team is currently constructed is something that should be in the past tense? I mean don't we assume in the offseason that roster construction will change?

It's very fair to say that Ant, Jrue, Reke, and Ryno were the Core 4 going into last season. But we shouldn't assume anything going into next season.

But don't we assume, with a team that didn't make the playoffs, that how the team is currently constructed is something that should be in the past tense? I mean don't we assume in the offseason that roster construction will change?

It's very fair to say that Ant, Jrue, Reke, and Ryno were the Core 4 going into last season. But we shouldn't assume anything going into next season.
    Why? Injury was far more the issue than the players. If you have a chance to improve sure, but I see nothing from any interviews that they are planning to blow up the team. At most they have said they are looking to bring in a couple of pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Really? I have him at 6, who are ur top 10?
    In no order

Paul
    Curry
    Westbrook
    Wall
    Irving
    Rondo
    Parker
    Lillard
    Rose
    Lawson

I have Jrue in the mix with guys like Conley, Teague and Rubio.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    In no order

Paul
    Curry
    Westbrook
    Wall
    Irving
    Rondo
    Parker
    Lillard
    Rose
    Lawson

I have Jrue in the mix with guys like Conley, Teague and Rubio.
    Lawson is a guy I think people forget about, I have to hate UNC because a couple of my family members including my dad went to Duke but he deserves to be in the convo

Ok this debate about who our core players are pretty silly at this point. Anderson, Davis, Evans, and Holiday are our core players there should be no discussion about it roles and contracts dictate who's a part of the core. You could maybe argue Gordon rounds out a core 5, but no other player on this team can even make a slight case for core member.

Now the core can always change and it certainly doesn't mean everyone that's apart of the core is a worthy player to build on, but as it stands now those 4 players previously listed (and potentially Gordon) are your core members.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 06-24-2014 at 11:25 AM.

The talk I believe "is made up" is that "Ryan, Tyreke, Anthony, and Jrue" are part of a unit that Dell has at any time said he intends to keep together and build around going into the future. He's never said it. But we act like it's the official "Pelican Axiom". Members of this board have said numerous times, they wouldn't trade player X because they're a member of the "CORE FOUR".

MM created that term for the Pelicans and deemed the players who were in it. Therefor he made it up!

It's catchy, it spread like wildfire, and I give him credit for being an opinion leader when it comes to how A LOT of people here view our team. But still, he made it up!
    Ok yea I see your point. I would agree saying they aren't tradable because they are part of the core is a poor argument.

But I mean they are our core if you are looking at who performed the best for our team and what combinations were the best for the team, but yea that doesn't mean that they aren't tradable and I think MM would agree everyone is tradable but AD. If we have a chance to improve you take it and I think Dealer Dell has that attitude too so yea I agree being in "the core 4" doesn't mean much to your trade status

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Ok this debate about who our core players are pretty silly at this point. Anderson, Davis, Evans, and Holiday are our core players there should be no discussion about it roles and contracts dictate who's a part of the core. You could maybe argue Gordon rounds out a core 5, but no other player on this team can even make a slight case for core member.

Now the core can always change and it certainly doesn't mean everyone that's apart of the core is a worthy player to build on, but as it stands now those 4 players previously listed (and potentially Gordon) are your core members.
    I agree. Those 4 players are who I would like to see us move forward with but I wouldn't be opposed to trading some of them if the price is right. Tyreke, Ryno, and something else for Lebron would be nice in my dreams.

But for me and answering this post, I'd would take a lot for me to move Jrue. I'd almost consider Davis and Jrue as untouchable.
    Last edited by tdcreator; 06-24-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Thread Information