39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 15.38%
  • No

33 84.62%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Would You Trade Jrue for...

Would You Trade Jrue for...

Let me start off by saying I like jrue, I don't want to trade him, i don't think we will trade him. He's a 23 year old ultra quick combo guard, he is 6"4 with long arms and can lock down any pg in the league, his offensive game is also good, he can hit the 3, mid or finish at the rim, he is also an excellent passer, but it's time for hornet guru's hypothetical IF:

IF the magic decided they wanted to add a young vet to their very talented team of oladipo, harmless, tobias, afflalo, vucevic and didn't want to risk taking a chance on a player who could bust and offered us pick 4 and 12 for jrue, would you do it? It has been said numerous times the magic absolutely want a PG, maybe they don't wanna take a gamble at 4 on exum and maybe they don't like anyone at 12.

My answer is IF 1 of the big 3 were there, only, then maybe, but no one else. Take someone like jabari or wiggins at 4 and gary harris at 12, sign blatche.

Tyreke
    Harris
    Jabari/Wiggins
    AD/Ryno
    Blatche

Let the hate commence

Gotta keep u guys entertained

"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!" (Gladiator voice)

sorry, i've had a few beers.

I would trade him in a package for Love, not some young unproven rookie

He and Tyreke are so perfect together. I only break it up if I get a superstar
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I would trade him in a package for Love, not some young unproven rookie

He and Tyreke are so perfect together. I only break it up if I get a superstar
    I can live with that, thanks.

Would Jrue, Ryno, 1st rounder be enough?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I can live with that, thanks.

Would Jrue, Ryno, 1st rounder be enough?
    I think it is better than the garbage they have being offered to them right now. But it depends what their plan is. Are they trying to make the playoffs? Blowing it up and want teams to take Martin too?

And, I only make that deal if Love extends, which I don't think he does right now with us. I think we have a shot, though, if this drags out until February. Ryno will have shown he is okay and if AD becomes the player we think he will be next year, Love could see that and want to play with him for the next 10 yrs.

No chance if the trade goes down this summer, but if this drags to February, we got a shot

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I really do enjoy your efforts and entertainment value on here, Guru.... I also support MM's stance that any deal involving Jrue should only be part of something quite substantial which goes well beyond the draft .... with that said, I also believe that someone is going to do well by taking Harris....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Fun Fact: I read the title. And blindly clicked no. Seems I was in the majority.

Hell yeah I would for a chance at somebody like Embiid, Wiggins, or Parker. I think Randle, Gordon, and Vonleh are all will be better players than Jrue. I think Holiday is a nice player, but vastly overrated here. I don't even have him as a top 10 player at his position.

I understand there's little to no chance Dell does this because he's in save his job mode IMO, but if I don't think we'll get to title contention with this group. However this is the best chance to get close to .500 next season.

I'd move Jrue Holiday for a shot at Jabari Parker or Andrew Wiggins. Then I'd move Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson for a Center and bench depth.

Tyreke Evans at the point. Wiggins or Parker at the 3. The Brow at the 4. Maybe we'd have the cap after that to trade for a Greg Monroe and Jimmy Butler. Go after Spencer Hawes and Patti Mills. Build up that bench with shooters.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

This is real life, not 2K. No, I wouldn't even think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Hell yeah I would for a chance at somebody like Embiid, Wiggins, or Parker. I think Randle, Gordon, and Vonleh are all will be better players than Jrue. I think Holiday is a nice player, but vastly overrated here. I don't even have him as a top 10 player at his position.

I understand there's little to no chance Dell does this because he's in save his job mode IMO, but if I don't think we'll get to title contention with this group. However this is the best chance to get close to .500 next season.
    Really? I have him at 6, who are ur top 10?

Really? I have him at 6, who are ur top 10?
    If they're on the Pelicans roster, they're not in his top 10.

I would trade jrue and whatever for Vonleh. Of all the players in the draft I believe he is the perfect compliment to AD. He can play center for us, but if you put a center on him he will be able to take him outside on offense and stretch the court- and the exact same can be said about Davis.

So when we have the ball, the opposing center is going to have to leave the rim.

On defense, regardless of whether a team has a stretch 4 or 5 we would still have someone left protecting the rim with a 7'4" reach
    and the scariest thing is they both can move.

Randle's game is more offensive and he isn't a center prospect. The SF's are great I must admit but they need seasoning and Dell and I havn't got the time to wait. I don't think Vonleh needs much time cause he can play so well without the bal

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Why not go for broke, trade Jrue for Dante Exum? Have nothing but combo guards!

Or is Jrue a combo guard too?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Why not go for broke, trade Jrue for Dante Exum? Have nothing but combo guards!

Or is Jrue a combo guard too?
    i think he is a combo guard, he can play pg or sg offensively and defensively very well.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    If they're on the Pelicans roster, they're not in his top 10.
    haha well i have jrue at 6

cp3
    westbrook
    parker
    rose
    rondo
    jrue
    wall
    irving
    lillard
    deron

also i think he surpasses rondo this year.

oops forgot about curry, got jrue at 7 then.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 06-23-2014 at 10:41 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post

I'm curious bro who's your top 10? it's hard to not put him in there. And I do feel he and plenty other pelican players get vastly overrated, but knocking him out of the top 10 at Pg is unreal.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

I would trade Jrue for Parker or a Wiggins but that's just me. I don't believe you need an all world pg to win a title, and at worst those two will be very good at their respective positions (if not great). So put me in the minority of more cap space, and amazing rookie, and the need to find a new pg.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Jrue is legitimately one of my favorite players in the league. He has a great attitude and some of that soccer cross training/ distance running in him too which seems to produce good basketball play. Gotta keep him and just ship off EG.
    Last edited by Writhe; 06-23-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Man I hope we don't get rid of Jrue. Unless we are trading for Love or somehow doing a sign and trade for Lebron, or the #1 pick so we can draft Parker, NO WAY!!!!!!! This team has to have some continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I would trade Jrue for Parker or a Wiggins but that's just me. I don't believe you need an all world pg to win a title, and at worst those two will be very good at their respective positions (if not great). So put me in the minority of more cap space, and amazing rookie, and the need to find a new pg.
    don't think we would need a new pg, i think its tyreke's best and natural position.

don't think we would need a new pg, i think its tyreke's best and natural position.
    I agree. Wasn't Tyreke playing PG when he closed out this season with those series of elite level games? I always wanted him at the point. That's what I keep bringing up about the team. It's just not built right. We keep forcing guys out of position.

How much cap space would we had if Jrue Holiday's contract was swapped with a rookies? Then what if we found a way to get rid of Gordon's deal? Then we swap Ryan Anderson for a position of more importance like center or SG if we could pull off the Jrue for Parker or Wiggins? We've gotta take some big risks in my opinion. I want to see us winning rings. Not going to the playoffs and getting bounced.

If you put Tyreke at the point for 90+ percent of possessions, you are asking for trouble. Jrue and Tyreke compliment each other perfectly. You make Tyreke the lone creator and distributor and he will be out of place. Got a perfect thing going with Reke and Jrue; just gotta get rid of Gordon.

Core Four Rating WITHOUT Gordon:

Off Rating: 123.7 Def. Rating 103.6

Go ahead and blow that up if you wish for unproven rookies with huge flaws in their games themselves. I will ride with that Core Four

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    If you put Tyreke at the point for 90+ percent of possessions, you are asking for trouble. Jrue and Tyreke compliment each other perfectly. You make Tyreke the lone creator and distributor and he will be out of place. Got a perfect thing going with Reke and Jrue; just gotta get rid of Gordon.

Go ahead and blow that up if you wish for unproven rookies with huge flaws in their games themselves. I will ride with that Core Four
    Small sample size. And all this "Core Four" stuff is something you made up. Monty nor Dell has said they've settled on a core group yet.

We've got Anthony and assets. And a roster that IMO is not yet constructed he way Monty or Dell would like.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

Small sample size. And all this "Core Four" stuff is something you made up. Monty nor Dell has said they've settled on a core group yet.

We've got Anthony and assets. And a roster that IMO is not yet constructed the way Monty or Dell would like.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Jrue is overrated. He made all star but played like crap post all star. He's everything that you say he is but we don't need him because we have tyreke for the point and holiday has great value, he's just not as special as a lot of PELICANS fans want to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information