Pelicans Report

Thread: Elfrid Payton's tattoo

Elfrid Payton's tattoo

Gretna native, thought this was pretty cool. He's also shot up draft boards into the top 10.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ElfridPayton_2014_College_USAT1.jpg 
Views:	1306 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	5586  
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Maybe Hornets will draft him and pay to have his tat updated haha

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Had the chance to speak with my fellow Patriot. Seems like a good kid. Hope he can become the next Lillard, who plays defense.

Elfrid Payton should be in the top ten. I could write a novel as to reasons why; but mostly it's because I'm 43 and I have never seen someone as fast with the ball as he is not succeed.

Basically, his ceiling is Devin Harris. Rondo, the Glove even Darren Collison were some other quick ones.

But Payton's speed and ability to beat his man is what the NBA is about. To average 20, 5, and 5 in college is nuts.

A team will have to put up with some erratic play and be patient as he learns to shoot better, but the sky is the limit for this kid as long as he is eager to learn and work hard

Bump. Looks like teams are figuring out the truth. Five years from now Payton wil be the best guard cause he has

length
    quickness
    speed
    and SHAKE to beat defenders off the dribble which is paramount to big-time success

add all this to the ball being in his hands, and he's more valuable than any of the prospects out of the top ten

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Bump. Looks like teams are figuring out the truth. Five years from now Payton wil be the best guard cause he has

length
    quickness
    speed
    and SHAKE to beat defenders off the dribble which is paramount to big-time success

add all this to the ball being in his hands, and he's more valuable than any of the prospects out of the top ten
    I'm pretty high on him too but I'm a little worried about his shooting. Jrue holiday has a very nice set shot as we'll as off the dribble. He is also reliable from the free throw like, an area where elfrid really struggles. However Elfrids speed and length could make him the better player long term and with him being Joel embid's age with 3 years college experience I can expect a start similar to Damian Lillards.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    I'm pretty high on him too but I'm a little worried about his shooting. Jrue holiday has a very nice set shot as we'll as off the dribble. He is also reliable from the free throw like, an area where elfrid really struggles. However Elfrids speed and length could make him the better player long term and with him being Joel embid's age with 3 years college experience I can expect a start similar to Damian Lillards.
    Devin Harris, to me, is kinda his floor. I guess....Gary Payton/Latrell Sprewell would be his ideal. I swear Sprewell used to just zone in on the rim on a fast-break, around mid-court, and just hit another gear then beat everybody there and flush it.

He's the exact type of player that European players can't handle at all. Staying in front of him will be hell PLUS he gets up and is long so he can finish too. They have no measure for it and it's hardly mentioned but having some shake to ya, rather juking someone out with the body is ultra-smooth when the guy is quicker and faster than you.

when he played McDermott in the NCAA. Creighton won and McDermott had his points and all, but everyone who scouted that game knew who the better NBA prospect was. And I say that with immense love for McDermott. He probably plays a smarter brand of basketbal than anyone on the planet and Payton was still in his grill al night long

Thread Information