Pelicans Report

Thread: Can Tyreke still reach his potential to be a elite player?

Can Tyreke still reach his potential to be a elite player?

He put up historic numbers in his rookie season better numbers than Lebron. So after that he was put on the back burner to Cousins coupled by bad ownership who didn't care about the team and bad coaching. Many said That season was a fluke but no matter they way you look at it those number are legendary for a rookie. Do you think now that he is part of the Pelicans and with a coach like Willams who one strength is player development and having a player like AD who is striving to reach his potential and win can he finally take that next step?

I think that he'll be more efficient next season, and that he'll thrive in the starting line up sharing ball-handling duties with Jrue.

I'm not so sure his numbers will increase dramatically playing next to AD, Jrue, and Ryno.

I think he is the second best player in the league at getting from the perimeter to the rim. His vision isn't great, his help defense is poor, and he can't shoot well. Is that an elite player? That's subjective.
    Is Tiago Splitter an elite player if he goes to another team? Did he help as part of a key cog in a team that won the finals?
    It's about usefulness, skill, and fit. Because of his immense skill level in some aspects of his game, he can be a very important part of our team. If you field him with non-shooters, make him play off the ball, play in a slow offense, and don't give him consistency then he probably isn't going to be useful.
    Look at Rondo. Rondo is amazing when surrounded by the right players.
    Who cares about the stats he puts up, I only care that he is able to help us win. However we want to define elite, I don't care. I just want to see what happens to him when you give him some stability and play to his strengths.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by NDHornet View Post
    I think that he'll be more efficient next season, and that he'll thrive in the starting line up sharing ball-handling duties with Jrue.

I'm not so sure his numbers will increase dramatically playing next to AD, Jrue, and Ryno.
    But you also have to think he put up these numbers when teams were only keyin in on him and AD and still put up numbers. So when he has actual talent around and keeps defense honest he could be more lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    I think he is the second best player in the league at getting from the perimeter to the rim. His vision isn't great, his help defense is poor, and he can't shoot well. Is that an elite player? That's subjective.
    Is .
    All the faults you name is why I think this his faults are something they can all be easily improved with the right guidence which arguably he's never had. Monty pushed him to pass the ball more in his little time here and put up his best passing numbers of his career. This team made improvement to Aminu shot which was once non existent anD may be able to do the same for him. He still has tons of untapped potential in his game that can be improved. BBM

Yes, tyreke still has that potential to be a top 15 player in the league

Thread Information