Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA off-season Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by jhow0036 View Post
    Yeah, curious as to what Atlanta would be trying to rid themselves of..
    Horford I would guess. He can't stay healthy and is making 12 mil a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Jabari parker is going to get destroyed by anyone, probably even stiemsma, on defense. It'll be fun to watch, to be sure

Man we've had a few new trolls these past few days though...makes you wonder
    Having a different opinion doesn't make someone a troll ffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Having a different opinion doesn't make someone a troll ffs...
    Here it does. Embrace the black hat.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Swaggy P has opted out of his contract with the Lakers. I'd love to sign this dude to a cheapish deal and have him come off the bench and wreak havoc once we get rid of EG.

PG - Jrue/Rivers/Pierre/Roberts
    SG- Tyreke/Morrow/Rivers/Swaggy P
    SF- Hawyward/Swaggy P/Reke
    PF- AD/Hayward/Babbitt
    C- Monroe/Ajinca/Withey

I'd be happy

Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    Chris Paul is not subpar on defense. Harden, IMO, is not a top player. A top player with Dwight Howard on their team can't get past the first round is telling. As for Parker, I love his game on offense, but the assessment on here is correct. He will get buckets and give buckets, that's just who he is.
    Chris is awful on ball and in PNR defense. People fall in love with his steal rate which is elite, but actually guarding people terrible. If you have synergy(just got it for myself Father's day) watch Paul in iso situations and PNR he's really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Writhe View Post
    Swaggy P has opted out of his contract with the Lakers. I'd love to sign this dude to a cheapish deal and have him come off the bench and wreak havoc once we get rid of EG.

PG - Jrue/Rivers/Pierre/Roberts
    SG- Tyreke/Morrow/Rivers/Swaggy P
    SF- Hawyward/Swaggy P/Reke
    PF- AD/Hayward/Babbitt
    C- Monroe/Ajinca/Withey

I'd be happy
    Who is Swaggy P? Why not just say his name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if Mitch McGary would be on the Pels board at all as either a late 1st round pick (or if he gets past the Spurs) as a 2nd rounder. He is a big body who you can throw down low to, or he can pass out. He can take your opponents big out of the paint, and he can defend your opponents big in the paint. His back problem is the only concern I would have with him, but if you could get him on the cheap you would be foolish not to given our need for a legit big man to put next to AD. He also brings a toughness that only Jason Smith has been treating us to.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-24-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post

Pretty sure that's Nick Young. I don't know where he got that nickname.

"Oh you don't know?! Yo *** better call somebody!"

(it's nick young)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Shereef Abdur Rahim was a good player, averaged over 20 ppg for the first 7 years of his career, made an All Star team, etc. If he would have gotten a chance to be a 3rd banana somewhere, maybe he would have won more. I can't see Parker busting, but I cant see him winning multiple playoff series if he is your best or second best player either.

Guys dont have to be great or busts. Some can be good or very good.
    Ok where did I say it's one or the other? You are pointing out maybe one of the most basic concepts in sports as if I have no clue.

I didn't even comment about your player comparison to Abdur-Rahim. My point was saying you can be consider a top player and still be subpar defensively.

Who is Swaggy P? Why not just say his name ??
    Nick Young who just declines his option to test the market. Swaggy Pely ??

One would think if they move Smith it means they will be keeping Monroe

The Pistons could make that trade and go into next season with one hell of a starting 5.

PG- Jennings
    SG- Smart
    SF- Derrick Williams
    Pf- Drummond
    C- Monroe

Not knowing what the Pistons are giving up outside of Smith (because he alone isn't worth an 8) could change that lineup, but that is still a heck of a lineup, and at least a 5th seed in the East.

Gay Cousins and Smith

The GOAT frontcourt

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    The Pistons could make that trade and go into next season with one hell of a starting 5.

PG- Jennings
    SG- Smart
    SF- Derrick Williams
    Pf- Drummond
    C- Monroe

Not knowing what the Pistons are giving up outside of Smith (because he alone isn't worth an 8) could change that lineup, but that is still a heck of a lineup, and at least a 5th seed in the East.
    I don't believe the 8 pick would be involved in the deal.

This kinda gives me a little hope Gordon can be moved. Josh Smith's contract may be worse than Gordons.

Quote Originally Posted by jhow0036 View Post
    I don't believe the 8 pick would be involved in the deal.
    Hmmm. Less appealing (well the ridding the team of Smith is appealing but thats about it).

PG- Jennings
    SG- Smart
    SF- Derrick Williams
    Pf- Drummond
    C- Monroe

There was no mention of the #8 pick in that trade scenario.

Hmmm. Less appealing (well the ridding the team of Smith is appealing but thats about it).
    Yeah i think their biggest goal is to rid themselves of paying Smith 13.5mil over the next 3 years.

Somewhat off topic- but does anyone else get fooled now when reading sports headlines when the "Hornets" are mentioned? I get caught off guard thinking it was New Orleans involved. For instance-

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/06/h...y-promise.html

Hornets Give Mitch McGary Promise At No. 24?

2:24pm: The Hornets have given former University of Michigan center Mitch McGary a promise to draft him with the 24th overall pick Thursday, reports Chad Ford of ESPN.com (Twitter links). The 22-year-old has reportedly worked out for only one team prior to the draft, but that club is the Bucks, who are reportedly interested in him for the 31st overall pick. Still, it appears Charlotte has zeroed in on the big man in spite of back surgery that limited him to just eight games this season and a drug test that revealed his use of marijuana prior to the NCAA tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    There was no mention of the #8 pick in that trade scenario.
    I saw the 4th tweet by Stein and supposed it was in connection with the Pistons rumor.

As for McGary, I wish we could take him! He is the kind of guy I would love to see next to AD. Rough around the edges, but has the skills to play tomorrow...not sure if he has the back to play tomorrow though.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-24-2014 at 03:20 PM.

PG- Jennings
    SG- Smart
    SF- Derrick Williams
    Pf- Drummond
    C- Monroe

That team would be lucky to win 35 games next season. Bad interior defense, bad perimeter defense, only one guy who can shoot, only two who can dribble. The spacing would be awful and the defense terribad.

Would probably dominate the boards, though.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    That team would be lucky to win 35 games next season. Bad interior defense, bad perimeter defense, only one guy who can shoot, only two who can dribble. The spacing would be awful and the defense terribad.

Would probably dominate the boards, though.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    In the East people are practically backing into the playoffs. The Pistons could do much worse with that collection of talent, and would probably do much better than you are giving them credit for.

Thread Information