Pelicans Report

Page 81 of 101 FirstFirst ... 31 71 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2501

Thread: NBA off-season Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Well considering they wanted to dump Asik anyways don't see how that's a laughable situation. That's better than overpaying Parsons. If they can get Luol Deng at a discount or some young wing like Jordan Hamilton I think they are better off moving forward than having Asik as a back up(eventually losing him for nothing the following offseason) and overpaying Parsons.
    That wasn't what I was talking about. I meant they started off the offseason trying to get Melo, then Bosh, while keeping keeping Parsons, and dumping Asik and Lin. They were a first round exit and were trying to make moves to get better. Swapping Deng for Parsons isn't going to push them over the top.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    His agent talked with Phx, Hou, and LA too. It's called doing your job. Will they riot in other areas too when he doesn't announce going there? He has not made any comment on anything. He hasn't lead anyone on.
    It's not that simple. He saw the reaction that happened the last time they did this. This is equivalent to toying with people's emotions. It'd be like breaking up with someone years ago, then putting yourself back on the market, and putting the same person through a gamut of emotions again. I understand he wants to see all his options and that's his right, but from my perspective, he should have enough awareness given what happened last time, that if it's not a real option (by real, i mean better than 50/50), don't even bother to send an agent to visit with them.

This is a bit dramatic cause it's sports, but I think you get my point.
    Last edited by Primetime; 07-10-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    It's not that simple. He saw the reaction that happened the last time they did this. This is equivalent to toying with people's emotions. It'd be like breaking up with someone years ago, then putting yourself back on the market, and putting the same person through a gamut of emotions again. I understand he wants to see all his options and that's his right, but from my perspective, he should have enough awareness given what happened last time, that if it's not a real option, don't even bother to send an agent to visit with them.

This is assuming he isn't seriously considering the Cavs. How are we to ever know if he is or isn't. I think LeBron wouldn't waste his agent and friends time meeting with Cleveland's people if he isn't considering them.

This is assuming he isn't seriously considering the Cavs. How are we to ever know if he is or isn't. I think LeBron wouldn't waste his agent and friends time meeting with Cleveland's people if he isn't considering them.
    Yea, you're right. I actually just edited my post to say better than 50/50, but even then we won't ever know.

NBA off-season Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    It's not that simple. He saw the reaction that happened the last time they did this. This is equivalent to toying with people's emotions. It'd be like breaking up with someone years ago, then putting yourself back on the market, and putting the same person through a gamut of emotions again. I understand he wants to see all his options and that's his right, but from my perspective, he should have enough awareness given what happened last time, that if it's not a real option, don't even bother to send an agent to visit with them.

No. That's not the scenario at all. It would be like a friend having a conversation with a group of girls about his buddy who is single. One of the buddy's ex gf hears the conversation and calls the friend to ask if he might want to get together again.

The buddy hasn't had any contact with his ex, as a matter-of-fact he's actually still talking to his current GF, and figuring out what he wants to do. But now because his friend happened to talk to his ex about it, the buddy is leading her on?

Nah. Keep in mind, Cleveland CALLED his agent. His agent didn't reach out to them. All he did was give them the time to listen. How dare he lead them on!
    Last edited by Mythrol; 07-10-2014 at 02:22 PM. Reason: yes

Well we supposedly gonna find our at 3:30 ET.

Quick, somone get a pic of the Moon from Majoras Mask and just post it. Can't do on phone
    Jrue dat

What about Phx, Hou, and LA's time?

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNathan View Post
    I'm not going to say he screwed over Wade/Bosh, but telling Miami they had to draft Napier now seems pretty shady.
    This is a fair point, and I applaud you for it sir. I've come to accept that superstars have more control than they should, but if he doesn't go back to Miami this would be fair criticism.

Lebron is deciding at 3:30 ET?

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post

Quick, somone get a pic of the Moon from Majoras Mask and just post it. Can't do on phone
    Where did you get that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post

How do you figure that?

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No. That's not the scenario at all. It would be like a friend having a conversation with a group of girls about his buddy who is single. One of the buddy's ex gf hears the conversation and calls the friend to ask if he might want to get together again.

The buddy hasn't had any contact with his ex, as a matter-of-fact he's actually still talking to his current GF, and figuring out what he wants to do. But now because his friend happened to talk to his ex about it, the buddy is leading her on?

Nah. Keep in mind, Cleveland CALLED his agent. His agent didn't reach out to them. All he did was give them the time to listen. How dare he lead them on!
    We disagree on the situation then. But even in your situation, something has to have been said by the guy to make the ex start selling her furniture and have her believe that there's a legitimate shot at getting back together. From my perspective, if he doesn't go back to ex, then it's playing with her emotions.

Its all over twitter

Quote Originally Posted by eballa1 View Post
    Lebron is deciding at 3:30 ET?

Good let's FINALLY get this over with and start free agency!

So we should be expecting an announcement any second now?

Ha Ha, we've been trolled

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

This is beyond frustrating.

they got a Sam Amick & a Sam Amico? confusion city

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Lebron is a troll. OMG hurry up.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    they got a Sam Amick & a Sam Amico? confusion city
    Amick Smart. Amico... Not so smart

Lebronjames.com is down.

Apparently the Bath police haven't even been informed of a pending LeBron decision tonight, so that's great.

We've been informed, why haven't the police? Can't they read twitter?

Thread Information