Pelicans Report

Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 2501

Thread: NBA off-season Rumors

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    Still don't understand how this Sheridan ordeal was that big for MM to just up and disappear.
    Here's what I saw:
    Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    I don't think he was referring as much to the core PR group (if at all...notice he's still here), but to his twitter following.

I really hadn't been on twitter much today, so I decided to look at his check out his page not too long ago to see what the fuss was. It was pretty bad. Basically just a lot of panic despite the BSS insider info tag line to just "wait till Sunday." Fletcher started it with his typical shock-jocking "OMG WHY DID WE DRAFT RIVERS IF WE'RE JUST GONNA TRADE HIMMMM?? WHAT TO DO WITH SF?? WILL RYNO GET MINS?? OH NOEZ!!" and being completely uninformed with the false narrative that Tyreke was a failure as a 6th man (BTW, it's really sad that the Pelicans bloggers are way more knowledgeable and in-tune than the media guys like Fletch and Jimmy Smith who are PAID to cover the team). Got worse once the news of PJ Tucker came out...but his breaking point was probably with this guy:

So I can definitely understand his fatigue. There really are a lot of idiots in twitter land. Go to YouTube and look up Jimmy Kimmel Show Mean Tweets...features celebs and NBA players reading rude fan tweets. The segments are funny but at the same time you see how ruthless people are behind a computer/phone screen to people they don't even know.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BLT23 View Post
    Grab my bags rookie
    Retire, old man!

Can someone ELI5 the history of Harvey Hornet and MM? I've been following since 2009 but I don't remember Harvey.
    Harvey, Unknown Poster, NYKF, Weather, etc. Those were good times. I remember getting banned back in 07 and they let me come back in 09 and those guys were all forgiving. They were nice guys. Brutally honest bunch. They had good sources too. When we were going through new ownership those guys were having meetings with Hornets reps and had demands that they wanted met.

I wish those guys would come back as the new site they created is like Venice, LA. It's there, but not inhabited like it once was.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Ok gotcha. I was assuming he was affiliated with (at the time) Hornets 247. I didn't join this site till 2 years ago after I finally decided to hop on over here. Makes much more sense now.

Still don't understand how this Sheridan ordeal was that big for MM to just up and disappear.
    Nah, MM was getting bothered long before Sheridan came into play this week. People were overly criticizing him constantly and asking questions that he had answered (and posted on BBS) many, many times before. It became a big hassle and source of stress. This is assuming I understood his posts correctly in one of the other threads where he explained his reasoning.

It's okay guys, we don't need MM or Harvey...

We still have Guru!

Be prepared for countless hours of vast knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Harvey, Unknown Poster, NYKF, Weather, etc. Those were good times. I remember getting banned back in 07 and they let me come back in 09 and those guys were all forgiving. They were nice guys. Brutally honest bunch. They had good sources too. When we were going through new ownership those guys were having meetings with Hornets reps and had demands that they wanted met.

I wish those guys would come back as the new site they created is like Venice, LA. It's there, but not inhabited like it once was.
    Ahh, Unknown poster and his My Little Pony references. Great times. My first first ally on this site.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Ahh, Unknown poster and his My Little Pony references. Great times. My first first ally on this site.
    This site used to be chalk full of free thinkers that slowly became jaded with how things were playing out with the Hornets. I don't blame them for leaving. I still remember one of them openly mocking CP3 & 11 others, and then it became a dog pile then, and then CP3 & 11 Others went ghost only to come back as MichaelMcNamera.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    So... we aren't trading Gordon away... are we guys?

We are so off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    So... we aren't trading Gordon away... are we guys?
    Not yet?

Best I got.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    To be honest, Harvey was the biggest Debbie downer ever.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    As a general rule, this entire forum is. Davis is the only consistent bright spot. I stop posting for a while when it begins to get to me.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    He wasn't always. It wasn't until the sale of the team that he really got that way.

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    We are so off topic.
    Exactly! This is the NBA Rumors thread. Please stay on topic.

Think its time for a post decision NBA Rumors thread

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    Retire, old man!
    wonder if anyone that joined before me still posts on here

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    <---- Feb 08, I was around for HH days. Had no idea MM was cp3&11others though.
    I had no idea either. I remember the drama between him and HH, but I don't remember what specifically it was about. Just that HH lost interest in the forums and the franchise in general (not that I could blame him...Shinn was the owner at the time) and that CP & 11 others had some good insight, but the situation somehow became contentious and he ended up being banned.

I never really was sure what happened. But I do think some of the older posters became jaded and ultimately negative -- some of that negativity is still quite prevalent around here, actually, but I think it's gotten better.
    Last edited by SeaLegs; 07-11-2014 at 03:51 PM.

Eric Gordon would be an excellent piece to include in that trade.

This is so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    I like you!

Please stay

1-6

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    Or he would be an excellent option for Miami if Wade bolts to Chicago!

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Or he would be an excellent option for Miami if Wade bolts to Chicago!
    Whether it be Miami or Chicago: potential Gordon destinations?

Miami over Chitown because of salary.
    Jrue dat

Thread Information