Pelicans Report

Page 76 of 101 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2501

Thread: NBA off-season Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    First of all, I am not 100% sure we will have to shop from the bargain bin. MLE could still be in play. Also, sign and trades could go down to get us a guy like Dudley.

But under the assumption that all we will have is the Room Exception or BAE, my favorites would be:

Richard Jefferson
    Chris Douglas Roberts
    James Johnson
    I have a hard time finding any SFs worth the MLE. At an amount less than MLE, I could live with Williams, Butler, Jefferson or Tucker. Very slim pickings.

Separate Broussard and Sheridan

Broussard was just stating an opinion. Sheridan is reporting it as fact. That guy should be strung up if he is wrong
    What's your vendetta against Sheridan? It just seems like you go out of your way to bash him.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    What's your vendetta against Sheridan? It just seems like you go out of your way to bash him.
    Because he has done what he is doing with this Lebron thing numerous times - it just hasn't been on this level, so people don't know.

He makes up stuff for clicks and then it is found out to be untrue and he has some back pedal story. If and when it happens again with Lebron, he will finally be exposed to every NBA fan. Now, Lebron might go to Cleveland - just like I might guess the color of your car without any true knowledge - but I am hoping he doesn't, so everyone sees him and his site for what it is.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Vetler View Post
    lets say they get a guy like james jones! would you really give him the starting job? What are the odds that ryno gets the start at the three if we doesnt get a solid small forward?
    0%. Evans would be more likely to start there in that situation

Because he has done what he is doing with this Lebron thing numerous times - it just hasn't been on this level, so people don't know.

He makes up stuff for clicks and then it is found out to be untrue and he has some back pedal story. If and when it happens again with Lebron, he will finally be exposed to every NBA fan. Now, Lebron might go to Cleveland - just like I might guess the color of your car without any true knowledge - but I am hoping he doesn't, so everyone sees him and his site for what it is.
    Sounds like you are writing about yourself.

Sheridan changed from a reputable reporter to a click-baiter a handful of years ago. His site stopped making money so he changed his methods in order to draw more visitors. He has not been trustworthy for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Sheridan changed from a reputable reporter to a click-baiter a handful of years ago. His site stopped making money so he changed his methods in order to draw more visitors. He has not been trustworthy for a while now.
    Yeah, and I get it. I was told that he almost had to file for bankruptcy a few years ago after taking a huge risk by leaving ESPN and starting his own site. So he shifted his focus to clicks and making money. He finds young kids to write for him for free and now just throws out click bait stuff. The sad part is that if he is wrong again here, people will go to his site in waves just to tell him he is an idiot. But he would care, because those click numbers go up no matter what reason you go there.

Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    Dude, no. MM makes predictions and calls them just that. When he gets inside information he reports it, and labels it as such. The Idea is that Sheridan claims to know facts and is pretty much just making it up.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    LOL you got him!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post

A shame he's such a ****head because the man certainly has a lot of talent.

As a Wake Forest fan and student, I would have loved James Johnson on this team...oh well!

I appreciate your support, but don't waste your time on that loser. Not worth it.
    Internet trolls...

In reality, that can be said about 90-95% of writers, reporters and bloggers today.

Really, dude? At least be semi-useful and troll Jon Reid or Fletcher.

You're joking, right?

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

CDR is beginning to grow on me...he would be a solid pickup imo. I liked the little I saw of him with Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    CDR is beginning to grow on me...he would be a solid pickup imo. I liked the little I saw of him with Charlotte.
    A while back I was completely against CDR. But I agree with you, he's kind of growing on me. How is his defense? I only really know what he brings offensively.

I didn't watch much of the Bobcats this past season, so I can't tell you.

All you need to know about what Sheridan is looking for:

Chris Littman @chrislittmann about 29 minutes ago
    Right or wrong on LeBron, Sheridan has had a good week on Twitter. Monday, 65,284 followers. Today, 83,927.

Heck, I'll admit I followed this guy just to see what he's going to say next. Actually the retweeting of Chriz_Broussard was really what made me follow him. That was PRICELESS.

A while back I was completely against CDR. But I agree with you, he's kind of growing on me. How is his defense? I only really know what he brings offensively.
    I can't give you a definitive answer because I haven't watched enough tape of his play on that end. From what I've seen, he's a physical defender. Gives good effort on that end. Has a very solid wingspan. Undersized so he can get pushed out of position. Not the greatest rebounder for a 3 either, but that obviously isn't as important with Asik on board. Basketball reference had him at a defensive rating of 105. For reference, Aminu had a defensive rating of 108.

A man making a dollar. The Chris Sheridan story.

or this

http://factoryofsadness.co/2014/07/0...ding%20on%20FS
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...er-asik-trade/

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey has his hands full.

He must decide whether or not to match the Mavericks’ offer sheet for Parsons, convince Chris Bosh to accept less than a max contract and arrange trades for dump other players (including Jeremy Lin).

And he has fewer than 72 hours to do it.

I don’t want to pile on, but he might have one more responsibility that previously seemed completed: Trading Omer Asik.

My friend who's a rockets fan just texted me this saying the deal may not go through...I had assumed he meant on our end but I guess it's possible that the rockets aren't able to get it done? All that matters is our cap space right?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    My friend who's a rockets fan just texted me this saying the deal may not go through...I had assumed he meant on our end but I guess it's possible that the rockets aren't able to get it done? All that matters is our cap space right?
    Yeah. It just {edited-veiled cursing} up the Rockets cap until the trade goes through. That article doesn't present all valid solutions for us to clear enough space. It didn't mention anything about using S&T, for example. That article seems singularly focused on moving (or otherwise losing) Rivers, but there are other options.

Thread Information