Pelicans Report

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24

Thread: Pelicans looking to get a top 5 pick?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    PLEASE tell me that you don't actually think the Celtics would actually take this seriously.
    All depends on whether the Celtics are rebuilding or reloading. They have so many draft picks owed to them over the next few years, that they could really go either direction. If they think they can really get Melo, I think they trade out of this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    All depends on whether the Celtics are rebuilding or reloading. They have so many draft picks owed to them over the next few years, that they could really go either direction. If they think they can really get Melo, I think they trade out of this draft.
    I hope you know Austin is garbage...I mean you can make an argument that he has gotten better but his first year he was so terrible he had nothing but to get better...
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Rivers/Ryno/2015 top 5 protected
    for
    6/17/Green/Anthony

Would save Celtics about $2m plus cost of using #6 and #17. They could go after Melo and they would be loaded with 4 or 5 2015 1st round draft picks to trade for another piece or use to move Wallace giving them more cap to sign another piece.
    You can't trade 1st round picks in consecutive years.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
    You can once the previous draft is started I believe. Or you trade for the players draft rights after the draft (2014 draft is then completed and then you can trade 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
    You can't OWE two consecutive years. We are free to give up 2015 since we've paid our 2014 to Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    PLEASE tell me that you don't actually think the Celtics would actually take this seriously.

did someone say rivers for green AND the 17th pick???????????????????

i quit

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    You can once the previous draft is started I believe. Or you trade for the players draft rights after the draft (2014 draft is then completed and then you can trade 2015)
    I believe the way it works is we would have to make the pick for the team we're negotiating with. That way we're trading a player and not necessarily a pick.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You can't OWE two consecutive years. We are free to give up 2015 since we've paid our 2014 to Philly.
    Someday everyone will know this.

Some day.
    @mcnamara247

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Someday everyone will know this.

Some day.
    ya think?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    ya think?
    Some days I think we have done a good job at BSS educating everyone on all the rules, loopholes, etc. Other days, I feel like we dropped the ball. Just gotta keep plugging away.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    y'all do an amazing job over there, but if nothing else, a brand new group of us will come along who just can't seem to grasp some things.... thus, your job will never be done!

What about a Ryno for Green/17/Joel Anthony? I already posted this and no one responded but I am really curious.

Also say we traded P-Jax for around the 22-27 range then packages Rivers(and Miller?) for Green?

Or P-Jax/lottery protected 2015/Rivers for Green?

Nothing against Rivers, but apparently they were really high on him
    Welcome to be here

Why has this thread become the "trade Ryno" or "trade for Jeff Green" discussion?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sujaguar00 View Post
    Why has this thread become the "trade Ryno" or "trade for Jeff Green" discussion?
    Because someone suggested we do such as a lot of people disagreed. Discussions tend to follow along such lines...

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Because someone suggested we do such as a lot of people disagreed. Discussions tend to follow along such lines...
    Yeah HornetGuru suggested something along those lines a little while ago and then Sleeper became the captain of that ship the last day and a half.

My offer to Boston for Green:

Rivers, Ely, and Aminu signed and traded to them for 1 yr/2 mil (Aminu would have to agree of course)

Celtics clear about 4 mil in cap room and get younger.

Rivers, Ely, and Aminu signed and traded to them for 1 yr/2 mil (Aminu would have to agree of course)

Would we still be able to use MLE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Would we still be able to use MLE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes. We would actually have to use the MLE first, then send this trade in.

Could resign Roberts using Bird Rights too to backup PG or risk it and trust Pierre with that role. Use MLE on a big. That would be a solid team.

MM so if we sigh Blatche with MLE for 3yrs/15mil, do your suggested trade, get Roberts or Pierre, could we re-sign Morrow?

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    MM so if we sigh Blatche with MLE for 3yrs/15mil, do your suggested trade, get Roberts or Pierre, could we re-sign Morrow?
    Only if he accepted the biannual - which would either be 1 year for 2.1 mil or 2 yrs for 4.4

Basically, he would have to take a slight discount. But if he signed the one year, he would have early bird rights on him next summer and could take care of him then.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    did someone say rivers for green AND the 17th pick???????????????????

i quit
    I said the same thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    What about a Ryno for Green/17/Joel Anthony? I already posted this and no one responded but I am really curious.

Also say we traded P-Jax for around the 22-27 range then packages Rivers(and Miller?) for Green?

Or P-Jax/lottery protected 2015/Rivers for Green?

Nothing against Rivers, but apparently they were really high on him
    Soooo scrubs for a proven player

Does River's need to be part of this deal....could it be Roberts or PJ and Babbitt instead ?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Does River's need to be part of this deal....could it be Roberts or PJ and Babbitt instead ?
    It could, but you have to actually give them SOMETHING for Green. Even if it's only Rivers.

I want Wiggins... hope this helps.
    I once had some of the worst grits and drippings in the Queen City

Thread Information